FPS Issue

90 Night Elf Warrior
I have pretty exhausted trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer set-up and my frame rate issue. I am sitting at 25 and 30FPS in Vale but drastically drop to in the low teens during fights and otherwise more populated areas. I believe this setup should be giving me better Frames but I can not figure out for the life of me whats wrong.

I am even tried deleting everything and repartitioning and taking my 2 hard drives out of raid mode and now just operating on a single HDD.

Motherboard: XFX nForce 780i
CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti x 2 in SLI mode
RAM: 8GB

Temperatures of all cores are between 36 and 45 degrees Celsius on CPU
Temperatures of GPU's are between 50 and 60 degrees Celsius

Can anybody tell me if they see an issue with the above build? If you need more information please let me know and I will try and get it for you.

Thanks.
Edited by Caiaris on 3/18/2013 8:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not sure what settings you're running, but don't run ultra shadows and don't force 8x anti-aliasing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
First, turn off all your addons. They can be huge CPU hogs when they break, especially combat-related ones. Even if they appear to be working fine, turn them off anyway. A lot of addon errors are hard to catch but cause noticeable performance problems.

Next, check your settings. You'll never need more than 4x Antialiasing ( I personally just turn it off ) and probably shouldn't use Ambient Occlusion either if you're still getting low fps. Shadows are very expensive to calculate as well. If you have an HD monitor, don't run the game at max resolution. If you can't stand pixelated edges, you may get a performance gain by lowering your resolution but keeping AA on 2x or 4x.

If that fails, check your graphics card drivers. Sounds obvious, but you never know when bad drivers could be the culprit.

If none of the above helps, try running other games on various settings to make sure the problem is with your hardware. I recommend Planetside 2 as a benchmark - it's free and only a few GB download.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]