The Crumbled Chamberlain.

(Locked)

Boooo. It was a lot of fun running for those spawns of this guy. It was such simple and fun competition.
90 Draenei Priest
I had no problem at all completing this quest yesterday evening. All but one of the items, the hair, were easily accessible. The hair took some jumping and patience, and I was still able to loot it even after several others picked it up.

I actually thoroughly enjoyed this quest. I have had a special appreciation for quests involving disembodied heads taunting me from my bags since I met Murray from Monkey Island.

Guess how I'm avoiding any headaches to this ...

Not doing Isle Dailies! OK, so I might do some Isle Dailies this weekend, but I'm not going to stress out over doing a quest that rewards 1/3 of an item to summon a mob that can get me nothing of great value.

I wouldn't call 150 valor a week from Champions of the Thunder King "nothing of great value," but to each their own.
10 Troll Warlock
Yeah, that first time was such a pain I only did it because I assumed it was one off, not that the chamberlain gets torn apart on a weekly basis and needs his parts retrieved. I don't care what fixes are happening, I'm never doing this quest again.
90 Blood Elf Monk
The Crumbled Chamberlain? I thought you were talking about that skesis guy from the Dark Crystal.

HMMMMMMMMMM~!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpIoPQHYhrw
Edited by Nakkaru on 3/21/2013 8:30 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
I was about to abandon it myself. If camping a spawn spot is too tedious I may still do that (fishing for pets is more fun...)
90 Dwarf Priest
03/21/2013 08:15 AMPosted by Gilroykilroy
If camping a spawn spot is too tedious I may still do that

Once you find the spawn, you don't need to camp it. It was respawning quickly (10sec or less) for us last night.
Community Manager
Yeah, that first time was such a pain I only did it because I assumed it was one off, not that the chamberlain gets torn apart on a weekly basis and needs his parts retrieved. I don't care what fixes are happening, I'm never doing this quest again.

Putting it that way reminds me a bit of Prometheus who was doomed to have his liver eaten by an eagle every day for an eternity. I almost feel sorry for the Chamberlain now.
90 Blood Elf Monk
03/21/2013 08:24 AMPosted by Nethaera

Putting it that way reminds me a bit of Prometheus who was doomed to have his liver eaten by an eagle every day for an eternity. I almost feel sorry for the Chamberlain now.

But wait a minute, Prometheus is Robo's real name! (Play more Chrono Trigger)
That's why my PWD is named Prometheus.
100 Orc Death Knight
When I found this quest, I liked it, noticed the head whispering insults and lol'd. Found the first piece in Court of Bones? On the roof of one of the buildings. Mini map showed the gear. Thought it was a static spawn. Then saw the gear in the Saurok area, tried jumping but of course the Saurok jump is massive and hard to gauge and overshot. Tried to circle back around and the gear disappeared. Realized then it was a random spawn and went hunting through the map. Saw another one and couldn't figure out how to get up. Then it disappeared as someone else looted. Finally saw a third and scrambled to get it before anyone else could.

I find it ironic, after Blizz's "we don't want players resenting questing/doing dailies with other players, competing for quest spawns" they put in a new quest that does EXACTLY that.
Community Manager
When I found this quest, I liked it, noticed the head whispering insults and lol'd. Found the first piece in Court of Bones? On the roof of one of the buildings. Mini map showed the gear. Thought it was a static spawn. Then saw the gear in the Saurok area, tried jumping but of course the Saurok jump is massive and hard to gauge and overshot. Tried to circle back around and the gear disappeared. Realized then it was a random spawn and went hunting through the map. Saw another one and couldn't figure out how to get up. Then it disappeared as someone else looted. Finally saw a third and scrambled to get it before anyone else could.

I find it ironic, after Blizz's "we don't want players resenting questing/doing dailies with other players, competing for quest spawns" they put in a new quest that does EXACTLY that.

You forgot to continue the thought, "and fixed it so that you don't have to". The respawn time is relatively quick. ;)
90 Human Death Knight
Pieces will then spawn in the same locations for that day

Okay, can these weekly quests get a weekly next to it?
90 Human Death Knight
Oh look, a quest where we don't just run to the number on the map, pick something up and hand in.

The first piece I found with my wife, was waiting for her to catch up, warlock swopped in and grabbed it, it vanished. I hit wowhead and saw they move around. Ok, so will work for it.

Finished my dailies, mounted up and ran around the zones until i saw gear on my map, Figured out how to get them, jumped to weird places, some I won. Some I lost. it was fun, it was a challenge. I had to think for the first time in a quest in a long time.

Thank you for a fun quest, am glad I got it done before the nerf, i realize you have to cater to the "gimme free loot" crowd, its a shame.
90 Worgen Warrior
content > gear

thanks neth!
90 Dwarf Warlock
nothing wrong with a jumping puzzle here and there.
99 Blood Elf Warlock
oh good, I was wondering why the map keeps telling me to go to spots WHERE THERE ARE NO CLICKABLES there!
20 Night Elf Druid
i realize you have to cater to the "gimme free loot" crowd, its a shame

You're oversimplifying a bit here. I spent a half hour on the quest and had no items to show for it, at which point I had no way of knowing how long it was going to take. Considering I have very limited time for dailies and the reward is something I can get elsewhere, the ROI factor looked too low to be worth the time, so I abandoned the quest and went on about my business.

Beware of painting people with too broad a brush, things are often not as simple as they seem.
90 Tauren Paladin
I did it yesterday while doing my other dailies.

The only piece that was remotely challenging to get was the Saurok area one, and even that was pretty easy because you just had to look around and you could see the jump path you're supposed to take. I did it on my first try and even helped a couple others get up there by showing them where to jump.

In closing, it was a ridiculously easy quest that gave me around 20g and a ritual stone.
100 Pandaren Priest
Thank you for this.
97 Draenei Paladin
I didn't even notice it had a timer. When I was trying to figure out how to get to one piece, there was another player just a step ahead of me running to it too. He tried to jump across to the ledge that held the peice and fell... \O/

I was hoping it was a one time thing... thanks for the hotfix, I'll try it again next week and see if it's better.

=)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]