The Crumbled Chamberlain.

(Locked)

Or you can do the dailies but not do that particular quest...

I think his/her point is that dailies do not feel very rewarding for doing them. I know they are a choice (let's not get into that discussion lol) however being rewarded with like 20g and 5 valor points just isn't fulfilling to me. Sure there is a mount/pets/gear when you get to a certain stance with that faction. But I'm not feeling rewarded for my efforts just from doing dailies in general.

Not to say others don't. I'm not asking for a goodie bag or something of that nature. Just my thoughts on it is all.

20g and 5 vp _per quest_. I've finished getting my monk crafted pvp healer gear within a couple days after deciding to do it, using almost exclusively gold from doing Tillers and Isle of Thunder dailies on this character and on the monk, and just doing the rep farming orders on my warrior. All enchanted and gemmed without begging guild members or hitting the guild bank, though I'm sure they'd have been happy to help. My warrior has, what, three vp pieces? exclusively from doing dailies before that, not to mention gold spent on making sure all characters have had the best possible everything as they level.
90 Night Elf Hunter
The real reward is learning the location/existance of the cave (admittedly, something you could learn from any walkthrough or discover randomly wandering around, but personally I enjoyed having breadcrumbs that led me to it)

I didn't realize that my interacting with a piece would have any impact on anyone else - I hope I didn't accidentally annoy anynone by snatching pieces from under their nose.
100 Orc Death Knight
As if there weren't enough jerks to deal with in game, now we have to deal with quests like this that makes us rage.

I did it in 8m 46s ... umad?
100 Worgen Mage
Good news, we're applying a hotfix to address the Crumbled Chamberlain pieces respawn. It should be in after this morning's restarts. Pieces will then spawn in the same locations for that day, but will change locations the following and so on. This way, if someone snags the piece you're going for, it's not going to jump to a new location. You'll still be able to get it.

Boo! That was the fun thing about the quest, hunting down the peices and racing to grab it before others got there. Too late now but I'd have liked the peices to be kept on random spawn.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I love that little scavenger hunt.

Also, the Chamberlain telling me off while killing stuff was hilarious. If anything, he should be grateful. I could have chosen to abandon him.

*evil cackle*
55 Human Death Knight
Good news, we're applying a hotfix to address the Crumbled Chamberlain pieces respawn. It should be in after this morning's restarts. Pieces will then spawn in the same locations for that day, but will change locations the following and so on. This way, if someone snags the piece you're going for, it's not going to jump to a new location. You'll still be able to get it.

Thank you. Thank you. I'm sure I'll have someone reply to this and call me lazy, entitled, wanting to be handed everything on a silver platter, and a baddie, but one time of spending over half an hour running around chasing that [deleted]'s body around was more than enough. I didn't have a problem on my mostly-dead realm, but on my main's high pop realm, it was nothing but frustrating. But after the hotfix I will be willing to do it again.
90 Dwarf Priest
Where do I turn this quest in? It says its in the Hall of the Grand Imperion but I can not find where to take it. Any help would be great.
49 Undead Rogue
To the guy above Don - you hand it in to a stone statue underneath in a cave if you follow the water around you'll see.. if you get stuck go to WoWhead and type in The Crumbled Chamberlain and read up if need be. I LOVE that site.

For the life of me I dunno how some can do this in like 10mins or less. I dropped this 1st time I ever tried to do it as it pissed me off. Took me almost 2hrs to do it when I eventually decided to give the stupid quest another go. Never ever again.
90 Pandaren Warrior
For the life of me I dunno how some can do this in like 10mins or less. I dropped this 1st time I ever tried to do it as it pissed me off. Took me almost 2hrs to do it when I eventually decided to give the stupid quest another go. Never ever again.

The trick is to scout the locations of the pieces first, abandon and restart the quest and then go grab them and hand in the quest without having to waste any time searching.
7 Troll Priest
One of my favorite repeatables.

It's actually semi-difficult!
90 Dwarf Warrior
quests like this that makes us rage.

Clearly you did not level during Vanilla/BC.

Edit: as a warrior
Edited by Stinkyfinger on 8/1/2013 8:53 AM PDT
100 Human Paladin

Here's how to do it in time:

1. Run around the island, looking for little ! symbols on your minimap. If it's an item on the ground mentioning a body part, that's the location for a piece you'll need. Write down the map coordinates until you have all four locations (if it's in a hard to reach location, like on a roof or above a wall, add a note about the best way to approach it).

(Alternative to 1: Accept the quest, run around the island looking for gear symbols on your minimap, and write down where they are. Abandon the quest, wait ten minutes before accepting it again, then do it all over with the knowledge of where to find things.)

2. Pick up the quest and start running. Try planning your route so that the fourth piece is the one closest to the cave where you turn it in.

3. If you know you did the quest within the time limit (or see your timer disappear for no reason, which happened to me), but didn't get the achievement, don't despair. Put in a help ticket. There's been some kind of bug they haven't bothered to fix since 5.3 that has prevented this achievement from working properly. You should get the achievement as soon as they review it.
90 Human Death Knight
I thought the quest was really cool. There is NOTHING wrong with LONGER quests that take additional time. Just because YOU OP dont like it, doesnt mean there is anything wrong with it. I hate heroic raids, but I dont complain about then, I just dont do them.
90 Human Paladin
I did it once, and left it at that. Not worth the headache.
98 Night Elf Priest
I did not enjoy the quest much. But it was not that difficult , a bit time consuming. What I hated was the reward was not worth the effort imho.
90 Undead Warlock
Did it once, I'll never do it again.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]