dont vote kick ret healers....

38 Gnome Priest
It's pretty obvious when a Ret healer knows what they're doing.

Just pull a pack and keep track of your health pool, if you're constantly at the brink of death kick the Paladin because he clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

A good Ret healer can heal through most heroic trash with just default Battle Insight. I only ever need to use FoL to top people off in between pulls or during periods of heavy damage.

You as the tank can make that decision for yourself. I've never had a tank even question my being Ret once the dungeon's started because he never has a reason to. They don't need to change their pulling patterns out of fear of dying and my added damage just allows us to clear the dungeon a whole lot faster.

True. I'm not saying I would insta-kick the Ret healer. I'm just saying that as a courtesy sort of thing I would feel better if the Ret healer gave a quick hey-no-worries hello, rather than making me go hope this is one of those that knows what they're doing as I do a couple little nervous test pulls. Since many Ret healers seem to be doing okay, and yet there are a significant number of tanks who get upset at the sight of them and want to kick anyway, I just think saying a little friendly something could relax them (tanks) a bit. Once the tank has a couple good experiences they will probably be more chill.
Edited by Zweifel on 4/10/2013 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Seeing a Ret healer would make me nervous.

That's half the fun! :D
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
It's pretty obvious when a Ret healer knows what they're doing.

Just pull a pack and keep track of your health pool, if you're constantly at the brink of death kick the Paladin because he clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

A good Ret healer can heal through most heroic trash with just default Battle Insight. I only ever need to use FoL to top people off in between pulls or during periods of heavy damage.

You as the tank can make that decision for yourself. I've never had a tank even question my being Ret once the dungeon's started because he never has a reason to. They don't need to change their pulling patterns out of fear of dying and my added damage just allows us to clear the dungeon a whole lot faster.

True. I'm not saying I would insta-kick the Ret healer. I'm just saying that as a courtesy sort of thing I would feel better if the Ret healer gave a quick hey-no-worries hello, rather than making me go hope this is one of those that knows what they're doing as I do a couple little nervous test pulls. Since many Ret healers seem to be doing okay, and yet there are a significant number of tanks who get upset at the sight of them and want to kick anyway, I just think saying a little friendly something could relax them (tanks) a bit. Once the tank has a couple good experiences they will probably be more chill.

This is what I was going to go with. I'm completely open minded on this game as long as you give a heads up and you actually have a Tank/Holy set in case things go sour.

What I would suggest any Paladin would do if they wanna tank/heal as Ret join in wearing your tank/holy set and then ask every one if it's okay you can switch out to Ret and prove to them that you can do it. That way you don't get kicked for people getting all worked up over something as easy as heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
There are a few things that really peeve me.

• Hunters that refuse to turn off growl
  • Warlocks that refuse to turn off threatening presence
  • DPS that think they are helping by attacking the one target that I don’t have within striking distance
  • DPS that think tanks love their knockback abilities
  • But most of all a DPS that select a role they are not spec’d for.

I wait up to forty minutes on my mage at times for a que.

forgot rogues tot on random dps. I prefer on healer. then burst haha.

When there's a ret healing, I 'accidently' enjoy pulling extra mobs and letting em die if he doesnt bubble. Nerf pvp power on ret, its obscene for heals in arena lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]