dont vote kick ret healers....

90 Draenei Paladin
So 2 days ago, I go in to do my daily hero, after 2 pulls i notice that the group is in a rough shape. Didn't take long to learn the our heals, had 30k mana. It was not a paly, but a class that can cast a cure in a dps spec. So what to do, what to do.... i asked politely could you spec heals, after a min of no reply did a vote kick, waited all of 10 seconds.. got a healer in heal spec, and finished off the run.

DPS tanking, fine.. DPS healing, no thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So 2 days ago, I go in to do my daily hero, after 2 pulls i notice that the group is in a rough shape. Didn't take long to learn the our heals, had 30k mana. It was not a paly, but a class that can cast a cure in a dps spec. So what to do, what to do.... i asked politely could you spec heals, after a min of no reply did a vote kick, waited all of 10 seconds.. got a healer in heal spec, and finished off the run.

DPS tanking, fine.. DPS healing, no thanks.

Your group was in rough shape because either the tank wasnt holding agro or people were standing in fire.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Ok this is mainly a rant. Ive done at least 50 or 60 runs as ret heals and still get vote kicked by the retard who wont give it a chance. Anyone else have this experience? 30 minute debuff for a vote kick is ridiculous. 1 in 10 runs I get vote kicked before the first pull. By the end of the other 9 dungeons half the group wants to reroll to be able to ret heal too.

I wouldn't have thought ret healing would do well but that's cool.

I love rolling into dungeons on my lock and tanking them with Dark Apotheosis. It's super fun, fast, and easy
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Your group was in rough shape because either the tank wasnt holding agro or people were standing in fire.

We was in a bad shape because said person had pathetic heals, I had higher numbers from self healing/party healing, then the dps posing as heals did. And his out going dps was bottom of the group.. I was the tank, and I was pulling better healing, better dps then said player. And only reason, a dps died, was because I died first do to running oom from doing main heals, tanking, dpsing. Am not going to carry a some person so they can go DPS to jump the Q, and throw a tantrum when asked to do the job they signed up to do. Said person was in the 500ilvl range, and his off spec WAS healing...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Always good to develop a bias against a style because 1 person was doing it wrong. Obviously, the person was the official representative for Ret healing, even though it wasn't a paladin. I mean, sure, it has nothing to do with this thread specifically, but making a point is still making a point.

In one instance the person said nothing, in the other there was a tantrum? Was it a silent tantrum? Oh, I bet it was one of those psychic outburst we hear about on the news ALL THE TIME. I swear, what is it with people and their scary mind powers out here in the Western Hemisphere? First it was Bigfoot and now it's all these freaking Charles Xavier wanna-bes mind blasting people over trivial things in a video game. Something has to be done! Maybe a task force dealing with this? But who could wield such power and not abuse it? Other than Rob Zombie, I mean. And lord knows he's a busy guy making scary movies for his wife to flash boobies in.

I bet this stuff would never happen in China, they seem to have things like this under control.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I like how you don't even see the hypocrisy in your own statement, Vlada.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/04/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Andryana

We was in a bad shape because said person had pathetic heals, I had higher numbers from self healing/party healing, then the dps posing as heals did.

As a prot paladin, you shouldn't even really need a healer. Even VE from a shadow priest should be more than enough to sustain a group with a paladin tanking, as long as people aren't standing in the very few random aoe that heroics actually have because as a paladin tank you should be using battle healer and should damn near always be above even an actual healer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Except people do stand in the fire. People do accidentally overpull for the tank. People can have incredibly low DPS with the tank shouldering the mainstay of the weight. People are running LFD with the lowest possible item level to qualify.

All the supporters of non-healer healers keep touting that under ideal circumstances, you don't need a healer. I don't see any detractor, myself included, disputing that. But you can't just bank on ideal circumstances, particularly in LFD.

The Missus has a Tankadin and sometimes we get some friends together and run Heroics while we're grinding out our Valor. We both go Battle Healer, and I Ret heal through. This is okay because everyone going in knows me and knows I'm capable of it. Further, I maintain a good set of Healer gear and Holy offspec just in case.

Looking for Dungeon? You don't know these people. You don't know if the Hunter from Goldrinn has taunt turned on his Tenacity pet, or if he'll ever turn off Aspect of the Pack. Or that Shadow Priest from Tol Barad who keeps fearing every massive pull that a good and confident tank strings along, turning it into a very dangerous enormous one.

You can HOPE that all players are on your level, decently geared, familiar with the mechanics and just generally capable. The reality is that they're not. Heck, check the forums- most aren't. I firmly believe that a competent Ret healer can succeed despite bad players usually. But as long as bad players exist and Forrest Gump through my randoms, I'm not taking chances on queue-jumping role liars.

Balance Druid queued Tank? Votekicked. Enhancement Shaman queued Healer? Votekicked. I don't care the spec, I have no patience for it in a system already built around continually challenging my patience. Maybe I have kicked a few people that could've competently performed the role to a success, but I'm playing the odds. Vegas says I've more than broken even on the fury of several wipes from incompetent players.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like how you don't even see the hypocrisy in your own statement, Vlada.

I like how you read that that somehow took me seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No, you've been pretty consistent in your arguments this entire time.

"HOW DARE ANYONE ASSUME THAT EVERY SINGLE RET HEALER IN EXISTENCE ISN'T BETTER THAN ANY DEDICATED HEALER!"

The bit there about people assuming a Ret is a bad healer is no different than your assuming all Ret healers are good.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
TBH, if you're tanking, you should absolutely be prepared to carry every bit of that weight. I've tanked countless randoms with people who combined were doing less damage than me and had healers who were doing nothing at all.. because as a paladin tank, none of that matters.

If you are playing well, you can solo it and just by the virtue of glyphing correctly, are carrying the healing. It's not about ideal circumstances, it's simply being a decent prot paladin. That's it. Another tanking class who can't self-sustain so easily, and doesn't put out enough healing to keep people up through all but the worst standing in fire? Maybe. But a prot paladin? You simply don't have an excuse other than fear.

You might be all proud you votekicked a hybrid who was healing, but odds are you'd get an equally garbage healer because LFD people are oh so bad.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
lol all the stuff here should put up red flags a blizz lol

I have healed all classes through tanking form priest to rouges :) it tell me these dungons are fare to easy

a tank should be that.. and its not its anyone

a healer should be that and its not can be a bandage healer in most dungons:)

way way to easy :)

only tank spec's should be able to tank any dungon ,,,, that hunter that pulls should die instanly or that mage the locks void should just vanish upon a hit lol

I have a dream where dungons are dungons that need all to complete
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Has anyone tried Ret healing in challenge modes?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
04/04/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Toebay
I have a dream where dungons are dungons that need all to complete

Agreed. I miss Defense for that reason...Even though it wasn't particularly needed to tank back then, either, if you were careful.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

One tank four dps is really common for challenge modes when people are pushing for gold.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
04/04/2013 06:21 PMPosted by Cayse

One tank four dps is really common for challenge modes when people are pushing for gold.

What type of group would work well for that then?

I guess Prot Palli (Battle Healer), Ret Palli (Battle Healer), Shadow Priest plus?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"HOW DARE ANYONE ASSUME THAT EVERY SINGLE RET HEALER IN EXISTENCE ISN'T BETTER THAN ANY DEDICATED HEALER!"

Ok, I see now. You are making an assumption.

If anything, I think people's comments on why and what and how come this and that, are just plain stupid. Like people who can't get their story straight. Or those that think that they aren't taking a chance with ANYONE no matter what role or class when they enter a LFD. This isn't exclusive to Ret healers.

That's why the responses in this thread are hilarious to me. Because the rules that should apply to EVERYONE only apply to special cases trying something different. You want to kick these people? That's your call and your problem. Want to give them a chance, good for you. The reality is that none of this affects how I play and enjoy the game.

Again, this thread is filled with stupidity. You'd be more accurate in calling me a troll than a hypocrite.

Or I guess I could emulate some of the posters in here and jump down tanks' throats cause they can't solo a heroic, which is are jokes. Let's not pretend they are hard. The people you group with make it hard. Not styles or specs. I guess I'm part of a rare breed that judges people by their actions... that's plain sad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No, I find that hypocrite works better a descriptor. You're not trolling anyone, but you are firmly wrong in your stance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There are plenty of hypocrites in this thread, my friend, and I'm not one of them.

You really haven't said anything here, much less why I'm a hypocrite, unless you count assumptions that are wrong.

This thread comes down to: "I'll put up with a crappy healer for a bit, but if a get a Ret as a healer, I kick them asap!"

But I'm the hypocrite because I think that line of thinking is retarded. Gotcha.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I do all my daily heroics as Ret Battle Healer now.

It's WAY faster and a lot more fun than queuing as Holy. I managed to get even the worst tanks through without much additional effort than what would've been required as Holy all the while averaging 70-80k DPS.

Not to say this method is going to work for everyone, but any competent Ret above 500 ilvl should have no problem easily healing heroics with Battle Healer and Selfless Healer. The damage output of them is truly laughable.

When I queue with my guild tank we've been beating our record heroic times by as much as 2-5 minutes with this method. It is truly a great way to spice up the weekly valor grind.
Edited by Vindicare on 4/5/2013 1:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]