In-game sound "wash out"

90 Night Elf Druid
I have a dillema--probably not the first to bring it up, but thousands of pages on sound issues is just too much for me to search through.

I use DroodFocus' and GTFO's default configs to alert me to fire(boop/buzz), and NS procs(gunshot).

My problem is, the more "stuff" happening all around me, the more all the sounds get "washed out", and I have trouble hearing GTFO's and DroodFocus' alerts clearly. Not to mention almost no chance of hearing OoC procs--and the new animation not being neon green really doesn't help.

I've tried different combinations of sound channels, sound quality, and hardware sound checked on and off. I can't seem to find the sweet spot.

Suggestions? Specifically, if you use both these addons, and their alerts, what settings work best for you? I have an MSI MS-7673 motherboard, otherwise known as P67. No independent sound card.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated:)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Edited by Raolf on 4/10/2013 11:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]