Hunter Pets [Need An Answer]

90 Blood Elf Hunter
So I started a thread on the Hunter Class forums about this, but now I'm bringing it here in an effort to get some clarification on whats going on with the hunter/warlock/mage/etc. pets.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197859934

There have been a number of incidents in which I have the feeling either hunter pets are either bugged in terms of their avoidance and armor stats for damage mitigation, or Blizz is setting up an April Fool's prank a few weeks early and letting us scratch our heads over why our pets are dying at a significantly faster rate than they were prior to patch 5.2.

Rare hunting is nigh improbable if you're intending on having your pet tank, particularly for rares such as monks. Likewise, there have been complaints from other hunters on various servers that their pets can't handle multiples of mobs as well as they used to even with a fair amount of healing and pet mending offered, one of the biggest issues I've come across is the fact that even when you can kill a mob, your pet's health regeneration is significantly lower, and when you dismiss and resummon them, they tend to have only about half of their health pool, I've ended up feeding, bandaging, or mending my pets upon calling them out because every time I've done it, they've been at low health and none of it makes any sense.

The biggest concerns I've had is in the fact that pets are taking significant amounts of damage, far more than they were prior to patch 5.2 and there was no indication on whether or not this was intentional, can we get some clarification on whether or not this is 'working as intended'? Or is it a bug issue that needs to be addressed?
Edited by Arislan on 3/10/2013 9:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Same exact thing is happening to lock/dk pets on rarespawns....thing is though dk pets are by no means needed for soloing however lock and hunter pets are a core focus when it comes to lock/hunter soloing.

If they don't want people soloing warbringers then they should look at blood dk soloing abilities to put an end to that too, basic pandaria rarespawns however or even just the birds on isle of giants don't reward anything so special that our soloing capability needs to be taken away so now it takes skill on mobs that never used to as locks/hunters.

Until it is stated otherwise this is a bug and something that needs to be looked at, not something that somehow stealths into the patch and is intended when it's something that means alot to pet classes being able to actually solo things.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
This is also happening with the Earth and Fire Elementals that Shaman can summon with totems.

I posted this thread.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8198640202
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think it is more of a Bug or Oversight.

I noticed that Spinning Crane Kick from Pandaren rares will destroy my hunter pet in a few seconds, while Blade Flurry (mantid rares) still function as they did Pre-5.2.

It doesn't make sense that they'd change some of them but not others.

Some sort of Blizz response would be nice; these rares are basically impossible if you're a hunter now.
Edited by Chihua on 3/11/2013 4:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
On top of my pet getting owned by Spinning Crane kick, the Pandaren rares are also treating it as if it doesn't have aggro and Chi Striking me to death even though my pet has aggro and is in melee with them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
So from what I can deduce with this thread and subsequent replies, pets in general (hunter, warlock, shaman, etc) are 'broken'. And if this was an intended thing there was no announcement to warn us about it, I guess until an actual explanation is given, hunters must rely on not using their pets for much right now, same goes for warlocks, (especially demonology), and other classes that rely on them for much or at least a good chunk of their dps and survival skills. :/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
03/11/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Arislan
So from what I can deduce with this thread and subsequent replies, pets in general (hunter, warlock, shaman, etc) are 'broken'.

Or you could've searched the forum for the plethora of other threads regarding the same exact subject.

This isn't intended. It's just a bug.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
iv noticed the same issues especially the pets getting owned as if all their armor and dodge was stripped away. but another issue im having and please people let me know if im the only one, but with my hunter iv noticed if i have my pet on assitance or whatever they replaced agressive with. sometimes my pet acts as though hes on passive and wont attack unless i click passive then back over to assited, or hit the pets attack button. and also vice versa sometimes when i have him on passive he will go and start attacking thing i do even while hes on passive and i havent sent him to that mob. i actually mentioned a few of these issues before the patch but the issues still remain
Edited by Ixionzero on 3/11/2013 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I thought this was just vs. monks so I stopped messing with the Rares for a few days, but I checked patch notes and there is nothing anywhere about changes to the way pets handle AoE damage.

However I have had Aoe damage from much lower enemies (level 86-87) Rares absolutely destroy my pet now. I'm so glad I got my Glorious cheeve before this bug / recalculation went live even tho its nowhere in any of the Hunter changes I've read..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
please fix.. for both my lock and my freaking hunter

this is annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I've had this same issue since 5.2, and not just with the rares but any type of AoE damage. I first noticed it after having my pet (turtle in tank spec) destroyed repeatedly while trying to kill Ai-Li the Skymirror. If this is an undocumented change and not a bug I'm going to be very sad. It's one thing to say hunters need to be more engaged in the fights themselves but especially for a beast mastery hunter expecting me to do these fights without my pet is just ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
03/11/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Duvai
So from what I can deduce with this thread and subsequent replies, pets in general (hunter, warlock, shaman, etc) are 'broken'.

Or you could've searched the forum for the plethora of other threads regarding the same exact subject.

This isn't intended. It's just a bug.

I had done a search before I had posted to the bug forum regarding this and the only threads I got weren't pertaining to this issue at all. it was for another bug several months ago, this thread was started /after/ I had asked about it in the hunter class forums and found out that it wasn't just hunter pets, people all over the board were claiming that pets in general just can't take the heat anymore, so before you assume people didn't 'look' in the first place, take note that there are a lot of people replying to the thread itself and probably didn't find any information on the issue either.

Furthermore, and on another note, the bug itself hasn't been addressed in any of the patch notes either, I've checked the 'known bugs' list several times this week and haven't seen any mention of the pets being bugged, hence why I've asked if it is, or if its intended.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Ai-Li's Spinning Crane Kick one-shot my pet yesterday. This is new since the patch. Warlocks, shamans and hunters are all affected by this change.

Can we get a blue response please?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Yul Wildpaw's Spinning Crane two shot my pet earlier this week. That's a new event. I haven't noticed any other trouble. My pets have tanked a Jinyu rare, two Mogu sorceror rares, and multiple dinomancers and baby dinos easily enough. I haven't had trouble in random scenarios, dungeons, or the Empress's side of LFR.
Reply Quote
Okay so its not just me, good. I've been wondering when doing warbringers why my pet seems to be just a little wussbag.

Then I went to go kill aili skymirror...wow. She kicked his !@#.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
my pet is definitely taking alot of additional dmg, seems like. either that or avoidance is borked, im sure its something. i rarely used the voidwalker but when i do, its as grim:sup, and the voidwalker is built like bricks.. until 5.2.

pets are too easily killed now in both pvp and pve.

in pve, who cares. mobs will never send an email complaining to blizz. but in pvp, pets being a liability is another of the same old quality-of-life issues.. sigh. make pets always have right around 60% of the owners hp and be done with it, with full/same resil.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
my pet is definitely taking alot of additional dmg, seems like. either that or avoidance is borked, im sure its something. i rarely used the voidwalker but when i do, its as grim:sup, and the voidwalker is built like bricks.. until 5.2.

pets are too easily killed now in both pvp and pve.

in pve, who cares. mobs will never send an email complaining to blizz. but in pvp, pets being a liability is another of the same old quality-of-life issues.. sigh. make pets always have right around 60% of the owners hp and be done with it, with full/same resil.

I dont think there is an issue in pvp. My pet won't die unless targeted by player in which case it should be killed. It's a tactic.

There is a big issue here and needs to be addressed. Pets are getting destroyed vs some npc's and have also noticed a difference in Bismo's Bralwpub where after every fight i have to wait for the 10 min instant pet res timer to even have a chance because if pet is targeted he gets killed within 2-3 seconds even with heal.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Grr! Why no attention to this issue!? I can't play my game!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
maybe the fact they go through all defensives atm they need to fix thats !@#$ when warlocks pets casting in to my smoke bomb and evasion does nothing against melee pets ( when there infront of me like a locks pet.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
'Short-lived bug gives windwalker monks huge damage numbers. The bug was ostensibly called by combining two abilities together: Rushing Jade Wind and Spinning Crane Kick. The former gives the latter a multiplier, which is supposed to be around 30%, but appears to have had at least a couple of extra zeros accidentally added to the end.'

THIS might be the issue with the Pandarian Monk Rares
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]