Moon Guard Wiki: A Community Engine

90 Human Warrior
MOON GUARD WIKI
A Community Engine

Over the past several months a number of individuals who sought to create a friendly new resource for the Moon Guard Server community have been hard at work to create a new server wiki. The broader goal of the wiki is to make people aware of what all is out there currently in the Moon Guard community - in role-play, PvE, PvP and guild recruitment. It is our hope that this wiki provide a neutral environment where all can add their own piece of the story without prejudice.

http://moon-guard.wikia.com

Current Administrators
  • Maxen
  • Manstein
  • Aeliren
  • Ashvale
  • Berenal
  • Everen
  • Astoreth
  • Banshih

• FAQ

Q:
    Aren't there already server wikis out there? Why make a new one?

A:
    There are, and we are by no means attempting to be the exclusive wiki for Moon Guard. This wiki has a different theme and layout that is our personal preference drawn from several inspirations - that of a library or news press. We also have a categorized section specifically for guild recruitment that can be utilized for people who are looking for (or to advertise) a specific kind of guild.

~

Q:
    What are the administrators like?

A:
    Anyone who is an administrator on the wiki has to have pledged to never vandalize or delete content or that they may not personally like or condone such actions. Administrators are generally expected to be helpful and answer any user questions or concerns. We all want to provide a friendly and welcoming environment where all can contribute freely.

~

Q:
    What sort of stuff should I contribute?

A:
    This Moon Guard Wiki has a number of categories that you can browse and get ideas for contributing your own content. If you have a character on Moon Guard server, a good place to start would be to make a page that outlines that character's history and whatever other details you wish to include. If you lead a guild, you are welcome to take advantage and utilize the guild recruitment section of the wiki by adding a guild recruitment article.

~

Q:
    Is this wiki only restricted to role-players, or can people who only PvP or Raid contribute?

A:
    This Moon Guard wiki is open to all players of Moon Guard server. Those who do not role-play are still welcome to add guild recruitment articles or list their own character progression and achievements in PvP and PvE content and network with other PvP and PvE groups. Users are also welcome to contribute their own PvP and PvE guides.

~

Q:
    I have no idea how to contribute to the wiki or make things look fancy. How do I?

A:
    On the main page, there is a basic tutorial for contributing content to the wiki. Something else you can do is look at other pages on the wiki and use the formatting and page layout that you like. Wikis are called open-source for a reason! If you have any other technical questions, feel free to ask myself or any of the other administrators.

~

Q:
    What are the terms that people can use my content? I'm worried that people will steal my contributions without giving me credit and get away with it.

A:
    All wiki sites made on the Wikia host are held to the Creative Commons Share-Alike License. In short, any content posted on the wiki can only be used elsewhere with the following conditions by law:
  • Content must be attributed by the specifications of the author or copyright holder.
  • Content can only be published under the Creative Commons Share-Alike License.
  • Here's a link to the license:
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/  

~

Q:
    How will you handle cases where someone vandalizes my content?

A:
    Report all vandalization to the administrators. People who maliciously vandalize content will be given temporary IP bans. Repeat offenders will be given permanent IP bans. An administrator can lock your page against future editing by request if you "finish" a page and do not anticipate editing it in the near future.
    Edited by Maxen on 11/10/2013 9:10 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warrior
    FAQ Continued

Q:
    What are the administrators' views on fanon?

A:
    The very characters we write and role-play are themselves fanon - as they extend the universe of World of Warcraft. The administrators all agree that members of the community should be able to post their own fanon without prejudice or harassment from others. On the same token, we expect that people do not post slanderous articles about others without labeling it as such.

~

Q:
    What happens when two articles of the same fanon disagree?

A:
    Many articles from different fan-made extra-canonical works are to be included on this wiki. There will be times when two different accounts of fanon disagree. In such cases, the account presented on this wiki will either be compiled to be a reasonable combination of the multiple cases provided, or a disambiguation of the differing accounts in question depending on what all parties want to do. I or any of the administrators designated to help with fanon are the ones to contact.

Browsing through the other Moon Guard wiki, I've found that a great deal of its articles have been vandalized. I will be progressively going through the old Moon Guard wiki's edit logs and pulling the most recent untampered versions of pages of people who no longer play (and for guilds long disbanded) and will transfer them to the new wiki.

If you want your pages copied to the new wiki from the old one too, let me know!

Also to be noted, if you wish to have your guild advertisement from Moon Guard Forums put onto the wiki, I can also do that. No need to bump it, plus you can add pictures!
    Edited by Maxen on 6/26/2013 8:29 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Go and post things, Moon Guardians! WORDS FOR MY READING! This is an excellent networking tool and I hope many take advantage of it.
    Edited by Moorwhelp on 3/10/2013 9:49 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    Go and post things, Moon Guardians! WORDS FOR MY READING! This is an excellent networking tool and I hope many take advantage of it.

This.

Also, yay for glorious fanon.

(And me being way too tired and lazy to put any up :< )
    Reply Quote
    I suppose I've put off writing stuff for a few wikis for far too long.
    Reply Quote
    03/10/2013 09:50 PMPosted by Ferenold

This.

Get to it, boyslaves!
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warrior
    I think if I put my character up I'd just link back to my atorf page rather than make 2 pages.

Anyway, but I like this sort of thing. Seems cool.

I remember a few months ago or however long ago it was when some thread about "server lore" kept coming up. Imo, I'm in favor of that type of thing (which this reminds me of) where it's a soft-handed deal where everyone just puts up their own things for people to take or leave as they please.
    Reply Quote
    87 Human Warrior
    this thread has the words "soft-handed" and room for a joke about the clergy having boyslaves

that's pretty much my batsignal
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warrior
    this thread has the words "soft-handed" and room for a joke about the clergy having boyslaves

that's pretty much my batsignal

Nothing slips past your detective eye!
    Reply Quote
    *Rolls around on thread.*
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Warrior
    I really enjoyed the old wiki until my page kept getting vandalized. These days I have little interest in maintaining a new wiki profile. Good luck, my best advice is to actively reach out to your users using the site's tools to get them to stick around.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Warrior
    I'm learning wiki coding. It'll give me something to do during my half hour lunch breaks at school.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Hunter
    Much as I think I'd like to contribute, I throw myself to the wolves enough as it is just by posting on these forums.

I did want to go ahead and send you my good wishes for your project though. Maybe when I feel a bit braver, I'll post something there.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Priest
    Thanks for undertaking this, guys, it looks like it might turn into a great tool for server roleplay. Certainly no light task for the reasons that Nonia outlined!

I'll have to churn out some character sheets, insignificant though my characters are... participation is participation, right? In any case, the Ferenold has a ton of fanon whipped up for the Orchid and maybe we can collect some more from our members while you guys are looking for some stuff to beef up your article base with.

Good luck!
    Reply Quote
    You have my laws and my fanon. Eventually.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Death Knight
    I'd like to put my name in as a moderator. I plan on putting content into the wiki and would like the ability to help support!
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warrior
    I think if I put my character up I'd just link back to my atorf page rather than make 2 pages.

Anyway, but I like this sort of thing. Seems cool.

I remember a few months ago or however long ago it was when some thread about "server lore" kept coming up. Imo, I'm in favor of that type of thing (which this reminds me of) where it's a soft-handed deal where everyone just puts up their own things for people to take or leave as they please.

I agree with the soft-handed approach to fanon and RP. This by no means is an attempt to force "server lore" upon anyone, but a library of player-made stuff that people can pick and choose what they want to focus on or use, just like people choose who they role-play with in-game.

We are looking for more Horde and neutral faction lore/fanon contributors. If you are up to it, you could add in information about frost trolls!

I really enjoyed the old wiki until my page kept getting vandalized. These days I have little interest in maintaining a new wiki profile. Good luck, my best advice is to actively reach out to your users using the site's tools to get them to stick around.

I myself am on the wiki in some form or another nearly every day, and I make sure to check when people edit articles that are not their own. To that extent, the wiki is looking for more trustworthy administrators to contribute and also keep an eye out for vandalism. I've always respected your work both on Terras and Nonia, and hope that your interest might change someday.

I've kept in contact with most of the major contributors to the wiki both in-game and through other methods of communication. I still have to work out the built in forums on the wiki. Do you have any suggestions for reaching out?

I'm learning wiki coding. It'll give me something to do during my half hour lunch breaks at school.

Looking forward to it! Feel free to make a guild recruitment article for the Moonsong Blackguard!

Much as I think I'd like to contribute, I throw myself to the wolves enough as it is just by posting on these forums.

I did want to go ahead and send you my good wishes for your project though. Maybe when I feel a bit braver, I'll post something there.

The entire point of this project is to provide something people can fearlessly contribute to because it is community policed in an unbiased way. If you would like, you can contact me in-game and we could go over the process of contributing and protecting your content.

Thanks for undertaking this, guys, it looks like it might turn into a great tool for server roleplay. Certainly no light task for the reasons that Nonia outlined!

I'll have to churn out some character sheets, insignificant though my characters are... participation is participation, right? In any case, the Ferenold has a ton of fanon whipped up for the Orchid and maybe we can collect some more from our members while you guys are looking for some stuff to beef up your article base with.

Good luck!

Thank you for the support! I do look forward to reading what fanon the Orchid has and how it all links together. Let me know if you need any help with technical stuff!

You have my laws and my fanon. Eventually.

Again, let me know if you need any help with that or making your articles look pretty. You are also welcome to put up a guild recruitment article.

I'd like to put my name in as a moderator. I plan on putting content into the wiki and would like the ability to help support!

Excellent! We can definitely talk in-game or over the wiki message boards. Looking forward to more blood elf content!
    Edited by Maxen on 3/11/2013 10:12 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    Yayayayayayayay. I need to update Elesabeths wiki...update as in...actually fill it out.

And perhaps one for my other toons too...

Hmmmmmm.

Go Maxen, great job!
    Reply Quote
    87 Dwarf Rogue
    03/10/2013 09:55 PMPosted by Moorwhelp

This.

Get to it, boyslaves!

Careful, Bishop. We wouldn't want to give the general public the wrong idea.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Priest
    :3 yay
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]