Moon Guard Wiki: A Community Engine

90 Troll Rogue
Then if you could get those leaders to sign off on a mutual acceptances of some of the storylines here so we can get some continuity, ... wow.

What of Horde leaders? I do recall there being two sides to this community or is the Wikia solely an Alliance affair.
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
nope no horde on MG wiki.

canon
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/11/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Sreech
Then if you could get those leaders to sign off on a mutual acceptances of some of the storylines here so we can get some continuity, ... wow.

What of Horde leaders? I do recall there being two sides to this community or is the Wikia solely an Alliance affair.

If you read the OP, you'd find that they want both horde and alliance people.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Assume much?

That's not what I was talking about. Now who is assuming, sir?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If you advocate plagiarism, I don't think your wiki will work.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
That's not what I was talking about. Now who is assuming, sir?

Depends on what you insinuated in your previous post, sir?
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
might want to check how much static you're putting out
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I see raised hairs on my arm, I suppose that's a generous amount.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Didn't Sleech and some other users attempt this a year or so ago, and got berated for it--like into the ground? Not to besmirch the concept, as this is exciting to me, but it seems like a shameless theft of an idea that only gets support because a server celebrity is doing it.

Dude, like. Only Sleech would remember this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Didn't Sleech and some other users attempt this a year or so ago, and got berated for it--like into the ground? Not to besmirch the concept, as this is exciting to me, but it seems like a shameless theft of an idea that only gets support because a server celebrity is doing it.

There have been a handful of wiki attempts for MG, some more successful than others. You are right to recognize that much of the success of a project is related to the personality (or non-personality as the case may be) of the team behind it.

LF WIKI EDITOR...

I am looking for someone who would upload my own entry for the wiki in a pleasant fashion:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592639729

There are links that need to be embedded directly in text and whatnot. However, I'd also like it uploaded to the other MG wiki @ moonguardwiki.com for the sake of fairness. I think it is best to support both projects.

If anyone would be able to do this for me, I would be willing to pay them with a non-interesting grey quality item.
Edited by Pylsur on 3/11/2013 9:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Can not even tell you how cool this(these) guy(s) is(are) for creating this.

It almost makes up for the fact that Maxen is a smelly Ally.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
03/11/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Sreech
MOON GUARD WIKI

Sleech and them wanted to make a server lore book like AD-EU has. Not a wiki.

That is why it was a hot topic.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
nope no horde on MG wiki.

canon

Horde can't read or write
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Most prefer the drama that spins off from sharing stories apparently...with or without credits given.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Now that I read the whole thread.

Yeah, I copy people too sometimes just because... well I want to and it's good writing or whatever. Just give them a call out, and like straight up for writing it. Inspiration means it gave you your own new ideas and not that you just copied them.
Edited by Standhaft on 3/12/2013 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
guys i just oiled your 'community engine' with some legit content
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
After reviewing the Moon Guard wikipedia's entry on the Battle of Kun-lai event, I found much of my original summary copy and pasted into the body. Perhaps there should also be far more stricter rules on citing individual articles. Or at least giving credit to the writer.

That was an oversight on my part, I thought I did add a reference section with the proper links. Updated the page with it.

http://moon-guard.wikia.com/wiki/Conquest_of_Kun%27Lai

LF WIKI EDITOR...

I am looking for someone who would upload my own entry for the wiki in a pleasant fashion:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592639729

There are links that need to be embedded directly in text and whatnot. However, I'd also like it uploaded to the other MG wiki @ moonguardwiki.com for the sake of fairness. I think it is best to support both projects.

If anyone would be able to do this for me, I would be willing to pay them with a non-interesting grey quality item.

I can upload it to both for you, Pylsur, once I find the time. Studying for a statistics exam atm.
Edited by Maxen on 3/12/2013 6:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Dude, like. Only Sleech would remember this.

Or:

1.) Anyone directly or indirectly involved with the project.
2.) Who had an interest in the concept and monitored its progress.
3.) Has Sleech on RealID and chatted with him.

I was sort of waiting for this remark, a good try but no cigar.

/dueces
Edited by Sreech on 3/12/2013 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
No one will judge you
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
No one will judge you

Really? Because I've been carrying a horrible secret...

A burden of such magnitude that it bends the fragile nature of my spirit...

Mcsars... I-I am not putting a gloss coat over my nails when I paint them.
Edited by Sreech on 3/12/2013 7:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]