@Todays Hotfixes

90 Tauren Druid
So anyone else that downed council/horridon a little PO'd that they nerfed these on a freaking monday, 12 hours worth of raiding this week (well ok we'll say 10 for trash/jin) pounding our heads against our desks and they nerf it on a freaking monday, at least let us enjoy our 1-2 boss loot advantage for a week, crimy.

Edit: Also anyone have any numbers on the horridon adds in 10 man now? Would be interesting to know if we're going to face roll the fight tomorrow or still have to execute.

For the record the council fight ended being a bit more than a 15% hp nerf to them.
Edited by Felshifter on 3/11/2013 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
The more surprising thing is they nerfed normals the first week, which I'm pretty sure GC said they'd never do. Clearly that panned out well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I'm a little PO'd that Blizzard had something good in having something that groups actually had to work hard for and then going back on it (even though it was their intention) after one week of complaints. Not really sure why they wouldn't just do it tomorrow, but oh well. Anyone who was struggling with Horridon isn't exactly going for world firsts, so who cares if another group got a leg up by raiding on Monday. Other groups don't dictate how well your own group does.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm actually disappointed that they nerfed right when we were getting him down. Now I feel like our raid was cheated of the real accomplishment.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
cant wait for Tortos is overtuned in 10 man thread tomorrow.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I like new content as much as anyone, but I get the sense that PTR testing was rushed.

maybe to get 5.2 out before heart of the swarm. who knows. still, the raid week isnt even over. kinda regret raiding on tuesday right now. :/

The problem is the content was tested at a 502 ilvl, the ptr results for most 10 mans are already scewed because mainly hardcore progression orientated guilds run them.

And then they have the audacity to say oh well we didn't tune it for 502, no but it was tested, that's like testing a rope at 200 pounds of force to see if it holds and going oh ya well it should be fine at 225.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If lfr is anything like it was on the ptr, where one person in a 25 man lfr can wipe the raid, then we're going to see some issues on the first boss. PTR took 6-7 attempts to kill the boss, same on horridon.

But ya the 2nd trash is going to be funny as hell tomorrow.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
The problem is the content was tested at a 502 ilvl, the ptr results for most 10 mans are already scewed because mainly hardcore progression orientated guilds run them.
502 is actually where 16/16 farmed guilds should be. If you just cleared ToES this week then yeah, you're going to be undergeared, but anyone who is in mostly 496 normal gear plus several weeks of upgrades plus the 2 522s they should've saved up should be around 502 ilvl. Horridon was done pretty easily by groups around 498 too, and many groups without a lick of heroic experience. The fight wasn't overtuned for the gear you were intended to have, it just wasn't a pushover and required teamwork and planning, which is apparently too much to ask for with many groups.

And then they have the audacity to say oh well we didn't tune it for 502, no but it was tested, that's like testing a rope at 200 pounds of force to see if it holds and going oh ya well it should be fine at 225.
It being tested at 502 and being tuned for 502 isn't the same. I would say this fight was tuned for around 498-500 ilvl. Our raid group was about 497 and had no issue dealing with add priorities and interrupts, making sure to kill the first priest before the next two dropped or killing Effusions as soon as they dropped.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
number of people needed to trigger Unleashed Flame had been reduced.

This on 25 man worries me.. tbh in today's hotfixes.

Melee range is tiny on that boss, and this indicates that you'll have to bring even less melee or risk nuking them, even split into 2 groups on either side of the boss.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Are they active yet? I figured the restarts were to fix the BG lag not change Horridon...

We were in there fighting him when the restart and notes were posted :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
HiJ
03/11/2013 07:22 PMPosted by Waraila
number of people needed to trigger Unleashed Flame had been reduced.

This on 25 man worries me.. tbh in today's hotfixes.

Melee range is tiny on that boss, and this indicates that you'll have to bring even less melee or risk nuking them, even split into 2 groups on either side of the boss.
It shouldn't really make a difference. If you have 4 melee on the left and 4 melee on the right, you can still soak it using a stack of 5 ranged like on live.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I expect a flood of apology posts from people insisting that this was the intended tuning level for Horridon and Council. Oh, right, they'll just blame it on the Stupid Casuals again and not, for example, Horridon obviously failing to meet Blizzard's stated tuning criteria.

Already started. In this very thread.

(I have to admit I am a little sad we didn't quite get him down before the hotfix. Oh well. Will be better for the game in the long run.)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I expect a flood of apology posts from people insisting that this was the intended tuning level for Horridon and Council. Oh, right, they'll just blame it on the Stupid Casuals again and not, for example, Horridon obviously failing to meet Blizzard's stated tuning criteria.
Why can't it be assumed that the intended level was actually what we said it was, and that all these 498-500 ilvl groups should be able to kill it, but they nerfed it because gear level means nothing to groups who can't plan or coordinate. A fight tuned for 498 ilvl is not the same as saying that every 498 group can do it, some groups are just worse than others.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Agreed they should have been Tuesday. However, they were late enough in the raiding week for guilds who don't typically raid on Monday to still not be able to react quickly enough unless they had some miracle and pulled their raid together on an off-night Monday.
Reply Quote
Why do you always insult people

you aren't serious right
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
(I have to admit I am a little sad we didn't quite get him down before the hotfix. Oh well. Will be better for the game in the long run.)

Just wait until Megaera, you'll be crying your eyes out. That's if you get there prior to potential nerfs to it tomorrow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]