@Todays Hotfixes

100 Tauren Druid
I expect a flood of apology posts from people insisting that this was the intended tuning level for Horridon and Council. Oh, right, they'll just blame it on the Stupid Casuals again and not, for example, Horridon obviously failing to meet Blizzard's stated tuning criteria.

It's like you can see the future! Well, the past. And present.

And I agree with the above poster, kind of a pity we couldn't do it in its release state, we were making good progress. But it'll still be as much about execution as about dps on the adds, not like it'll be a pushover.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
It shouldn't really make a difference. If you have 4 melee on the left and 4 melee on the right, you can still soak it using a stack of 5 ranged like on live.

If they reduce the number of people to trigger then 4 and 4 would trigger detonations.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Oh and yah, if you couldn't down council...Megaera is going to be a big wall for you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
HiJ
If they reduce the number of people to trigger then 4 and 4 would trigger detonations.
...but it targets the largest stack....
Reply Quote
Agreed they should have been Tuesday. However, they were late enough in the raiding week for guilds who don't typically raid on Monday to still not be able to react quickly enough unless they had some miracle and pulled their raid together on an off-night Monday.

This is a Tuesday nerf for all intents and purposes. No guild with in moderate competition was stuck on either of these bosses. This is specifically to address completion rates.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/11/2013 07:46 PMPosted by Naumu
(I have to admit I am a little sad we didn't quite get him down before the hotfix. Oh well. Will be better for the game in the long run.)

Just wait until Megaera, you'll be crying your eyes out. That's if you get there prior to potential nerfs to it tomorrow.

Meh. I like a challenge. Serious challenge starting at 5/12 sounds about right.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter

Pretty sure Megaera 10 man is vastly harder than Horridon, just saying. Or at least much harder, not too sure on "vastly."
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
cant wait for Tortos is overtuned in 10 man thread tomorrow.

Wait till they get 4 stacks every time on magera because of bad dps
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I guarantee it will be the next major QQ topic.

No doubt about that, since apparently Tortos is lulzy on 10m.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Why can't it be assumed that the intended level was actually what we said it was, and that all these 498-500 ilvl groups should be able to kill it, but they nerfed it because gear level means nothing to groups who can't plan or coordinate. A fight tuned for 498 ilvl is not the same as saying that every 498 group can do it, some groups are just worse than others.

Because the intended tuning level for Horridon and Jin'rokh is "groups who have not cleared HoF or ToES", not "498". Such a group would (obviously) not have a ~500 ilvl.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
03/11/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Somewhat
...but it targets the largest stack....

It still removes the option to let power build if the boss is close to a push if you have more then 6 melee.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
03/11/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Naumu

Pretty sure Megaera 10 man is vastly harder than Horridon, just saying. Or at least much harder, not too sure on "vastly."

Vastly is correct. Any guild that needed the nerf for council or horridon will NOT kill magaera without a nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

Just wait until Megaera, you'll be crying your eyes out. That's if you get there prior to potential nerfs to it tomorrow.

Megaera is being compared to Heroic Empress in raid damage taken by people in 16/16HM guilds coming into the tier and overgearing it. You either have to have 3 absurdly good healers or 4 extremely good DPS to allow 4 healing it.

They didn't like 4 healing being near mandatory in correct ilvl gear for Heroic Empress, much less for a reg mode raid encounter.
Edited by Bullettime on 3/11/2013 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Were the nerfs live tonight? Our raid got Horridon, and it didn't feel any different from our attempts last Wednesday....we got to the last phase limping on Wednesday and we finally got it tonight with what felt like no change in how fast adds died. Can anyone confirm this went live tonight?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Oh and yah, if you couldn't down council...Megaera is going to be a big wall for you.

Whats so hard to understand is that's exactly what blizzard told us. I expect to hit a brick wall after the 3rd boss until we have done some(or a lot) of farming.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Whats so hard to understand is that's exactly what blizzard told us. I expect to hit a brick wall after the 3rd boss until we have done some(or a lot) of farming.

You don't understand how hard Megaera 10n really is, like Xiic said, the people complaining about Horridon/Council will NOT kill it prior to nerfs to Megaera. Hell, they might not even get to the second/third to last head.
Edited by Naumu on 3/11/2013 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue

You don't understand how hard Megaera 10n really is, like Xiic said, the people complaining about Horridon/Council will NOT kill it prior to nerfs to Megaera. Hell, they might not even get to the second/third to last head.

We were making it to the last head yesterday and healers were ooming. We had the last head at 4 million on our best. Assuming there are no nerfs - we worked out a different healing CD rotation and our druids are going to try a different talent and I expect we will kill it this week using the same setup.

It really is a brutal fight, though. Lots of !@#$ my pants moments tanking the flaming head > venomous head. The damage is incredible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]