@Todays Hotfixes

1 Orc Rogue
03/11/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Ðemolition
cant wait for Tortos is overtuned in 10 man thread tomorrow.

Wait till they get 4 stacks every time on magera because of bad dps

Stacks aren't a problem if you tank trade, though.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Were the nerfs live tonight? Our raid got Horridon, and it didn't feel any different from our attempts last Wednesday....we got to the last phase limping on Wednesday and we finally got it tonight with what felt like no change in how fast adds died. Can anyone confirm this went live tonight?

Yes, we saw it tonight on 10m.

Our first attempt, all the mobs with over 3M hp had their pre-nerf HP, but everything else was reduced ~20%. Then we saw all mobs get the 20% nerf for the rest of our pulls. (So dinomancers down from 4.3M to 3.3M, wastewalkers at 7M+ from 8M+, Gurubashi Bloodlords down to ~5.3M, etc).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
03/11/2013 08:59 PMPosted by Yotza

Wait till they get 4 stacks every time on magera because of bad dps

Stacks aren't a problem if you tank trade, though.

Wrath of mageara is buggy. It still goes off some times even if I charge the head and taunt. For our kill we just stopped swapping and did more deeps.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It still removes the option to let power build if the boss is close to a push if you have more then 6 melee.

This..

It means that melee can't do a stack of 4 and 4 because if the ranged are even slightly out of sync we're screwed. So that means anything above 6 melee is silly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
03/11/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Tokiha
Were the nerfs live tonight? Our raid got Horridon, and it didn't feel any different from our attempts last Wednesday....we got to the last phase limping on Wednesday and we finally got it tonight with what felt like no change in how fast adds died. Can anyone confirm this went live tonight?

Our first attempt, all the mobs with over 3M hp had their pre-nerf HP, but everything else was reduced ~20%. Then we saw all mobs get the 20% nerf for the rest of our pulls. (So dinomancers down from 4.3M to 3.3M, wastewalkers at 7M+ from 8M+, Gurubashi Bloodlords down to ~5.3M, etc).

Ok thank you for this. They must have been nerfed for us too then.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
It's going to be hilarious in the upcoming weeks when people complain about content not lasting long enough and that they're bored.

"Well, people complained during the first week that a boss was too hard."
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
On topic:

Yes I'm super mad they nerfed a couple bosses we already killed after it was already too late for most of the "Its overtuned" crowd to even kill it anyway.

(Seriously, why do people care about the time of the nerf)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
ill bet money that people being sarcastic about normal tuning, are going to be crying this week regarding some of the heroics in particular.

think megaera is demanding on healers in normal? you havent seen nothing yet.

or dark animus. oh boy.

be careful what you wish for if you think things are too easy, you might just get it. :)

exactly, I'm really not sure why all the heroic heroes are worried about normals...does it tarnish their hard earned normal mode accomplishments?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
exactly, I'm really not sure why all the heroic heroes are worried about normals...does it tarnish their hard earned normal mode accomplishments?

To troll people. It could not be more nakedly obvious.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
03/11/2013 09:31 PMPosted by Semirhaj

Ok thank you for this. They must have been nerfed for us too then.

:( :( :(

We were SO CLOSE on our last raid night, when everything clicked, we just ran out of our raid time. We downed him tonight and while it was good... it wasn't great knowing it was nerfed DURING OUR FIRST PULL (server reset).
The fight was enjoyable. It was punishing if you slipped up, required absolute attention and communication with your team. One mistake after the 3rd door and it was a challenge to makeup for it.

I dunno. It's really discouraging. We HAD him AS WAS. It pushed us to get better; dps had to step up, tanks and healers too. Again I have to say the kill felt good but finding out a nerf may have been in effect mid-fight is... I just can't word it properly.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
The more surprising thing is they nerfed normals the first week, which I'm pretty sure GC said they'd never do. Clearly that panned out well.

You're mistaken. GC said if a boss is undertuned, they won't buff it to make it harder. The boss becomes a 'freebie' then. However, they have no problems tuning a fight if seems like a huge block for progression.

They don't nerf on how 'hard' a boss is. Difficulty is relative. Rather, they tune the bosses based on rate of progression. If Boss A -- > B -- > C took 10-20 wipes in between, then suddenly boss D took 80 wipes, you know there is a difficulty that is over tuned.

They don't nerf based on how many wipes a raid tries on them, but rather the speed at which raids progress, or in this case, lack of.
Edited by Rizalle on 3/12/2013 12:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
No. If anything I am proud of my casual guild for downing bosses pre-nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
03/12/2013 12:09 AMPosted by Rizalle
The more surprising thing is they nerfed normals the first week, which I'm pretty sure GC said they'd never do. Clearly that panned out well.

You're mistaken. GC said if a boss is undertuned, they won't buff it to make it harder. The boss becomes a 'freebie' then. However, they have no problems tuning a fight if seems like a huge block for progression.

They don't nerf on how 'hard' a boss is. Difficulty is relative. Rather, they tune the bosses based on rate of progression. If Boss A -- > B -- > C took 10-20 wipes in between, then suddenly boss D took 80 wipes, you know there is a difficulty that is over tuned.

They don't nerf based on how many wipes a raid tries on them, but rather the speed at which raids progress, or in this case, lack of.

Which is why I'm expecting Megaera nerfs mid week. They likely didn't touch it yet due to so few guilds reaching it but with Horridon and Council brought back down where Blizzard wants them, people will be hitting a brickwall after getting their free loot from Tortos. Megaera is doing absolutely ridiculous levels of damage, rivaling heroic Empress. And that's even from the mouth of some 16/16HM raiders...

It's funny seeing those 16/16HM guilds having more wipes to Megaera than to Lei Shen just from how absolutely absurd the damage gets towards the end. Was fun being able to push it up until about the end but then it's just a metric !@#$ ton of damage intake even with cooldowns running. Our healers were astounded.

edit: Talking with a couple of said progressed guilds, even they said they hated that fight and it's overtuned as !@#$. When 16/16HM guilds running around in 510+ ilvl are saying "we might need to 4 heal this," there's a tuning problem since Blizzard purposely nerfed Heroic Shek'zeer due to it highly encouraging 4 healers in a 10m. And this is a reg.
Edited by Bullettime on 3/12/2013 12:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest

I've been asking this as well and did not get an answer. People would rather complain about epeen than look at the numbers and provide an answer.

Sorry if thats rude but many people have asked and the majority just wants to complain.
Edited by Zelinei on 3/12/2013 12:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

Which is why I'm expecting Megaera nerfs mid week. They likely didn't touch it yet due to so few guilds reaching it but with Horridon and Council brought back down where Blizzard wants them, people will be hitting a brickwall after getting their free loot from Tortos. Megaera is doing absolutely ridiculous levels of damage, rivaling heroic Empress. And that's even from the mouth of some 16/16HM raiders...

It's funny seeing those 16/16HM guilds having more wipes to Megaera than to Lei Shen just from how absolutely absurd the damage gets towards the end. Was fun being able to push it up until about the end but then it's just a metric !@#$ ton of damage intake even with cooldowns running. Our healers were astounded.

edit: Talking with a couple of said progressed guilds, even they said they hated that fight and it's overtuned as !@#$. When 16/16HM guilds running around in 510+ ilvl are saying "we might need to 4 heal this," there's a tuning problem since Blizzard purposely nerfed Heroic Shek'zeer due to it highly encouraging 4 healers in a 10m. And this is a reg.

I can't comment on Megaera yet. We just killed Tortos tonight after several attempts, along with Nerfed- Council one shotted. Pre-nerf Horridon was challenging for us (our ilvl between players were 491-501, so our median ilvl is around 496 ). It took us over 30 wipes but we got him eventually last week.

Pre-nerf Council was a complete concrete wall however. We had over 40+ wipes. With perfect play, no individual deaths, 95-110k dps from each player, optimum placements, and raid tweaking, it still wasn't enough. It was just a numbers game for us. We were always 1-4% away from breaking 25% damage. Tonight when he got nerfed, and nerfed indeed they were, we killed them in our first attempt (and this is attributed to the fact that pre-nerf, we had perfect play on him).

I suspect Megeara should be easier than Pre-Nerf council. I'm excited to fight them. I personally like challenging fights, just not the ones that are on the cusp of being impossible. You have to keep in mind that normal ToT is designed for raiders that are NON-heroic geared. So around 502, at max, even with the new LFR gear. NOT raiders with 509+ gear. Guilds with median ilvl of 505+ or higher aren't allowed to parade saying the first three boss fights are a push over, when your gear makes the fight more than reasonable.
Edited by Rizalle on 3/12/2013 12:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
03/12/2013 12:41 AMPosted by Rizalle
I suspect Megeara should be easier than Pre-Nerf council.

You really have no clue how Megaera currently is.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
They need to change Megeara some because otherwise we are going to see some stupid raid compositions on it's heroic version, akin to that of Heroic Shek'zeer in the first few weeks.

While the raid is tuned around 496-502 that doesn't necessarily mean everything should fall over. Besides a few anomalies later in the instance the raid does get more difficult. Remember that while a lot of guilds may not have cleared a lot of Heroic T14 your raid should be obtaining a mass amount of 522 with VP every single week. I mean at friendly you get 3 new pieces of 522 loot and tomorrow people are going to be getting 502 loot from LFR.

If loot is an issue you always have the option to go back and steamroll normal/heroic T14 with it's 10% nerfs.

It's largely not a gearing issue though. There are things people are doing wrong and this instance is largely mechanic checks thus far, not enrage.
Edited by Gròmmash on 3/12/2013 12:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]