5.2 Priest healing. Holy vs. Disc

90 Draenei Shaman
Im sure this has been answered dozens of times but my laziness prevents me from searching through the thread, so which is preferred by raiders Disc or Holy?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Um...both?
Reply Quote
Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
depends on the comp your raid is running. some sync better with different combinations
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Disc in 10, easily.

Holy or Disc in 25. They are fairly even here... which means you should probably be Disc as Absorbs and general Disc utility exceeds Holy. That said... Holy is a solid spec... it's just the lesser sibling (still probably better than all non-Paladin, non-Disc healers).

Is how it looks currently. Disc is still overpowered in 10man.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Which are you best at? Can you do both equally well?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Holy heals more like a traditional healer. Disc weaves in dps spells and absorbs. Which do you like better? If you enjoy and excel at both, then disc because of it's slightly superior mana regen and better utility. Holy is still stronger than anything but pallies and disc though, and excels at several fights this tier.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
I'm comfortable playing both specs, and in T14 I went about 60% Disc, 40% Holy for 10 man raiding.

Funnily enough, I'm finding that the changes to Disc in 5.2 are making me favour it over Holy on just about every fight. PoH spam was nerfed (not a bad thing), but Atonement is very strong now. The fights where Disc performed poorly (lots of random damage that can't be efficiently healed via PoH) can now usually be handled via enthusiastic smiting.

Holy PoH spam HPS is higher than Disc now, but the only T15 fight I've done so far where that comes into play is Magaera, and it's so long and grueling that going OOM is a big concern for Holy.

I'm still only 6/12 though, so maybe there will be some good Holy fights later!
Edited by Kashir on 3/12/2013 6:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Funnily enough, I'm finding that the changes to Disc in 5.2 are making me favour it over Holy on just about every fight.

Funnily is NOT a word, PLEASE leave.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Did you just... bump a thread from March to say that "funnily" isn't a word?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Funnily enough, she did.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
05/31/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Illucia

Did you just... bump a thread from March to say that "funnily" isn't a word?

wha...huh....did you really...omg -headdesk-
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

Funnily enough, I'm finding that the changes to Disc in 5.2 are making me favour it over Holy on just about every fight.

It's an adverb (and thus a word). Necroing a thread whilst being wrong about grammar is pretty terrible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]