Class Hotfixes – 3/12

(Locked)

90 Human Warlock
Congratz to those that managed to get green fire before this set of nerfs....Please make all warlocks that managed to finish this quest do it over so it's appropriately impossible to kill the felhunters before they eat enslave and you eat the next Choas Bolt.
Edited by Cryptwind on 3/12/2013 3:40 PM PDT
89 Human Priest
Shadow, the spec blizzard doesn't know what to do with.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
.......................yep that sums it up.
90 Orc Warrior
*Slowly sees warriors getting nerfed into the ground in 5.1 going to 5.2*
*Rolls lock because it's fun to play and still looks viable in pvp for 5.2*
*GC starts the nerf train on locks*
*Sits out of PvP this season so there's no need to cry over the double mage teams that will kill you within 30 seconds even if all defensives are popped*

Let's all just roll mages and delete every other character we have, then we never get nerfed!
100 Human Warlock
Nerf Locks, buff mages. After saying "we prefer to do small buffs instead of nerfs" big middle finger to locks...
90 Pandaren Rogue
I suppose my measured feedback is along the lines of concern with regards to the mage changes.

Assuming end of game gear, this is going to cause mages to have an even greater lead (in their current #1 status in T15H plus legendary meta) than they have now. Further, this will reignite (no pun intended) the problems with mage bombs in PvP.

It seems to me that this stems from a few considerable concerns. If you passively buff low end mages now, you'll over buff them in end-game content. This sounds like you would need the non-linear scaling (particularly in the case of critical mass) you were thinking about implementing for Fire. I'm not sure how you'll solve that problem for Arcane or Frost.

Ultimately, the buff to the bombs causes more problems than it actually resolves. You need a non-linear buff to bring up non-geared mages, but in a way that best geared mages cannot take advantage of in current tier (My thinking is buffing set bonuses for the T14/T14H sets and the equivalent PvP sets.) This would have the advantage of being a targeted response that isn't going to cause more issues than it resolves.

It does not solve the scaling problem frost will have with the meta or the T15 gear. And, yes, I use that ugly word for a good reason: Frost will reach the GCD cap a lot easier (if not frequently) with that gear collection. This limits haste (their primary stat) to being only effective on frostbolt and frost bomb. That would generally cause them to fall behind on most non-aoe fights.

Perhaps the solution here is to target the affected problems rather than returning to a solution that was inherently bad for PvP. And, unfortunately, doesn't really resolve either scaling (at either end) issues for PvE.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Frost Bomb damage +40%.

At the very start of the new season! Frost PvP need more burst, right?

hahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha
90 Gnome Warlock
Blizz has some severely incompetent people working on balance.

I re-read the notes, and it really blows the mind.
90 Human Priest
Sigh... Looks like it's time to switch to a mage.

Seriously though, what good mage really PvE's as frost?
I get that people enjoy PvE, but there are some of us who like to slay more than just internet dragons.

+40% is going to break pvp. Good job blizzard. I just hope you realize your errors and at least attempt to make it more balanced.
Yea well maybe they should look at DC univerise, dragon nest, path of the exile,champions online and other free to play games... I might just add Elder Scrolls online is coming out!!! they are working really hard to give the players what they want ... Blizzard watch out !1! ZeniMax Online Studios and Bethesda Game Studios are bring some high quality games to the table
90 Orc Hunter
*Slowly sees warriors getting nerfed into the ground in 5.1 going to 5.2*
*Rolls lock because it's fun to play and still looks viable in pvp for 5.2*
*GC starts the nerf train on locks*
*Sits out of PvP this season so there's no need to cry over the double mage teams that will kill you within 30 seconds even if all defensives are popped*

Let's all just roll mages and delete every other character we have, then we never get nerfed!

Yup.. start of new PVP season and warlocks got bent over and nerfed..
100 Worgen Warlock
Seriously nonsensical changes, absolutely no basis in reality, based on two damned bosses, horridon and council. Only two major multidotting fights except maybe Ji-Kun.
100 Worgen Warlock
seconded.
100 Night Elf Priest
mage skill just went up 40%
100 Gnome Warlock
If I'm not supposed to be multi-dotting as an Affliction Warlock, what AM I supposed to be doing?

...besides rolling Mage?
92 Undead Warlock
I am utterly perplexed. Doom was buffed to compensate for the removal of the autoattack with Metamorphosis, which was horribly broken when you equip a wand.

Now they revert the Doom change, add in a Corruption change, and Metamorphosis still has no autoattack.

*boggle*
90 Pandaren Shaman
Why in the world did frost mages get a buff when they're doing the most ridiculous damage in PvP right now?

That is what popped in my head.
90 Orc Hunter
I am utterly perplexed. Doom was buffed to compensate for the removal of the autoattack with Metamorphosis, which was horribly broken when you equip a wand.

Now they revert the Doom change, add in a Corruption change, and Metamorphosis still has no autoattack.

*boggle*

Actually this is it! I forgot Doom was buffed to compensate for no autoattack
100 Draenei Priest
Well I hope the mages are happy... if nothing else.

Isn't that all that matters?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]