Class Hotfixes – 3/12

(Locked)

5 Human Warlock
fu##ing ghost crawler or blizz in general has no idea to what is going on in there own game.everything balanced around dragon slaying and not a word about how this affects pvp.
hell i dont think they even know what pvp is. the pvp dev must have been home sick and gc made a executive decision>>> clueless
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Frost Bomb damage +40%.

If these buffs aren’t sufficient, we will happily make more, but we’d rather make a few buffs a few times in a row rather than over buff then have to nerf it back down.

Aren't sufficient? Happily make more? I love those comments. Someone has gotten a little too full of himself and his class. Talk about looking like a clown..... May as well man up because you will have to nerf it back down.
90 Dwarf Paladin
03/12/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Momoka
Why in the world did frost mages get a buff when they're doing the most ridiculous damage in PvP right now?

Because the people that balances PvE doesn't have a clue about how the spec plays in PvP. How can a massive buff to frost mages passes on without a single word about the PvP implications?

They advocate so much about "we don't want to separate PvE and PvP mechanics and spells" and then you see something like that? C'mon ....
90 Undead Priest
What a complete waste of time that last minute buff to SW:P was. I mean really, you nerfed a week later. What was the point?
90 Pandaren Rogue
Aren't sufficient? Happily make more? I love those comments. Someone has gotten a little too full of himself and his class. Talk about looking like a clown..... May as well man up because you will have to nerf it back down.

Remember they're looking for measured (which is code for "sane" or "reasonable") feedback. Ranting, raving, insulting, and otherwise being uncivil will only get the replies ignored. You'll, in effect, harden their position on the subject rather than the reverse.

Get to the details (as I did in my previous post) of why this is inherently bad without doing something that will be ignored. If your goal is not to have your feedback valued, your position is successful. If your goal is to have it valued, a change of tactics is in order.
90 Worgen Warlock
They don't know much about PVE either tbh if they actually knew how multidotting worked they nerf would've been probably a CD on SB SS rather than nerfing single target, 2+ targets or AOE for that matter.

Those G91 landsharks are looking awfully good right now, SB SOC damage effectively nerfed by the nerf to corruption.
90 Worgen Warlock
Remember they're looking for measured (which is code for "sane" or "reasonable") feedback. Ranting, raving, insulting, and otherwise being uncivil will only get the replies ignored. You'll, in effect, harden their position on the subject rather than the reverse.Get to the details (as I did in my previous post) of why this is inherently bad without doing something that will be ignored. If your goal is not to have your feedback valued, your position is successful. If your goal is to have it valued, a change of tactics is in order.

Youre absolutely correct in your assessment however most warlocks practically have PTSD at the moment from almost 1.5 expansions worth of horrible class decisions.
90 Human Warlock
First GC does that insult that locks push buttons for the hell of it, then they fire the old class designer, then they finally get a good direction where locks get some time in the sun and in order to keep mages on the top of the meters, time to nerf us to the ground again.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I believe mage burst damage is too high in PvP so I really don't understand how you can hotfix a damage increase like this. I think you are going to have to end up doing another hotfix to tune the class properly for PvP.
90 Pandaren Rogue
They don't know much about PVE either tbh if they actually knew how multidotting worked they nerf would've been probably a CD on SB SS rather than nerfing single target, 2+ targets or AOE for that matter.

Those G91 landsharks are looking awfully good right now, SB SOC damage effectively nerfed by the nerf to corruption.

I think what I would do to resolve the multi-dotting issue would be to make some dots single target only (like how curses worked in most expansions). (Similarly with Vampiric Touch for Shadow Priests.) This way, you could control how much (spell) cleaving a class can do. Then, buff/nerf abilities (single target or multi-dot) as appropriate.

What strikes me as interesting is that this is how it used to work in previous expansions but has been changed in this one (Vampiric Touch comes to mind immediately). Perhaps some of the old tools were well designed after all.
90 Pandaren Rogue
Youre absolutely correct in your assessment however most warlocks practically have PTSD at the moment from almost 1.5 expansions worth of horrible class decisions.

Rationale is fine. But, keep in mind that devs may not be aware of said perspective and it isn't relevant to the conversation. They're asking for 'measured' feedback. Providing them something other than what they ask for is white noise and will be ignored (or worse, misinterpreted).
I believe mage burst damage is too high in PvP so I really don't understand how you can hotfix a damage increase like this. I think you are going to have to end up doing another hotfix to tune the class properly for PvP.

I swear you people need to start to learn how differentiate.

Last time people asked for mages nerfs without specifying they buffed frost and nerfed fire. Heck, they always do that (combustion nerf).

So please... quit saying "mages" as a whole! Frost it's the problem, Frost.
29 Blood Elf Mage
Warrior: Shield Slam damage +25%.

Do you not realize this crits clothies for 100% life at low levels already?
90 Human Priest
To everyone complaining about frost bomb and pvp
Holinka ‏@holinka
"The recent mage bomb buffs were made to increase PvE damage. We will tune separately for PvP."
Can we please fix cleave it has become a useless attack for fury and arms. I would like to see some kind of buff to it where we can really use it when there are two or three adds up. Maybe make it do increasing damage the more adds it hits up to like three adds. This way whirlwind will be our main aoe attack for large groups and cleave will be our main aoe attack on small groups.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
GC,

I've been a Demo lock since BC - I really love the spec and have stuck with it through thick and thin, while Affliction has reigned supreme for so very long. I was very excited about the 5.2 changes that buffed Demo back into a respectable DPS role, but then, to have my two primary dots reduced to 3/4ths of their efficacy? It puts Affliction and Destruction in incredibly more attractive places, and Demonology once again behind. Can I ask why, and for some more elaboration? It's not like Demo's been murder on the meters.
90 Blood Elf Mage
I love hearing all the QQ from people about the mage buff, because seriously, its not that big, and yes they will tune it separately for pvp. I mean, they already nerfed fire into the ground, they just gave arcane the toilet flush in 5.2, so yeh, now frost is the only viable option for players who cant be bothered with trying to get all BiS gear for the 2 specs which requires it to be any good.
90 Human Warlock
Mab, because he still thinks we push too damned many buttons.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]