Class Hotfixes – 3/12

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Rogue
lol i love ppl crying about mage buffs, when they dont even read properly, omg 40% buff? oh wait if I read properly i would see its only 5%. Frost bomb op! Oh whats this button? dispell? oh cool, frost bomb damage nerfed to 0%!!

No. That's not what happened. The comments given to the community were exactly as they interpreted it. What can be legitimately criticized of the community's response is the kneejerk reaction. That the Blizzard representatives clarified the issue after the fact doesn't mean it was, by definition, done before. Revisionist history is bad for everyone, please don't do it.
90 Gnome Warlock
LOL!

Corruption damage, which was already pathetic and in need of a buff, has been nerfed into oblivion.

And Doom, which was finally useful for a week, now ticks for about 13k (in pvp) every 15 seconds!!

UNBELIEVABLE.

Incompetent devs, what were you thinking?

Do you want Warlocks to cancel subscriptions? B/c it's awfully tempting, now that my favorite spec has been nerfed back into oblivion...
90 Troll Shaman
I really would like to seem some Shammy buffs.

90 Pandaren Monk
03/12/2013 04:18 PMPosted by Rygarius
Any word on when Chi Wave is going to be fixed? As it stands we are lucky to get full duration in a raid setting.

Our developers are aware of an issue with Chi Wave’s heals not bouncing correctly and are working on a hotfix to correct this.

Thanks for the acknowledgement of the issue.

Any chance we can get some of the nerf to white tiger stance reverted while you fix this? Bug cost me 7% of my dps on one fight....
90 Pandaren Rogue
03/12/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Sanctifiêd
so its doing more damage, further increased by frost mastery, and crit bonus when shattered.

You're missing the part where mastery only works if the target is frozen. Further, you're assuming that mastery double dips to add more damage (beyond what it did in 5.1) even if the target is frozen. Both assumptions are invalid. This is a multiplicative 5% additional damage. That's it. Whatever the damage was before and after mastery calculations, it is still only 5% additional damage. Period.
80 Human Paladin
Frost Bomb now deals 60% of its damage when used against other players, down from 80%.

Post below me explained it.
Edited by Etch on 3/12/2013 4:52 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Mage
Providing a clarification over PvP damage concerns.

Frost Bomb now deals 60% of its damage when used against other players, down from 80%.

Making math simple.

Prior to Hotfix, Frostbomb did "100 damage" in PVE, and "80 damage" in PVP

Hotfix brings it to "140 damage" in PVE, and "84 damage" in PVP.

This means 40% buff in PVE, 5% buff in PVE.

I think we can all carry on now and stop burning crosses outside my farm please.
90 Blood Elf Priest
According to simcraft, only Aff is near the top at 4'th. Destro is 7'th to bottom and Demo 6'th to bottom in T15H.

And exactly who has t15H gear at this time?
90 Draenei Priest
Fresh Numbers on Horridon LFR:

#1: ilvl 496 Survival hunter, 78.25M
#2 ilvl 495 Affli Warlock
#3 ilvl 506 Blood DK
#4 ilvl 487 Survival Hunter
#5 Top shadow priest: ilvl 500 (myself), SWP being 20.6% of my damage.
#6: ilv 480 Frost Mage
and so on...

This, on a purely Multidot fight. Without SWP nerfed, I wouldn't even reach the affli warlock. On Jin'Rokh I was #9, below ilv 480 mages.

Last week on normal I was topping on Horridon, yes, but I'm at least 5 ilvl above my raid group and it's a pure multidot fight with 60% ToF uptime. That is, more than 60% of the time (because Dots carry the buff for their duration) I'm doing 15% extra damage. I'm SUPPOSED to have the upper hand on that situation.

So no, the SWP nerf is not justified, it is a lazy bandaid fix apparently without a deeper understanding of WHY shadow was outperforming on multidot fights. The real needed fix is nerfing Twist of Fate, as we've pointed out since the PTR.
Edited by Dierdre on 3/12/2013 4:51 PM PDT
90 Human Warrior
Thank you Blizz!! LOVE seeing a little love thrown Prot warrior's way :)
Edited by Flixz on 3/12/2013 4:54 PM PDT
40% buff in PvE environment now, but a nerf in PvP in addition to the 20% nerf we received a while ago? Or what?

When did frost got nerfed for pvp? Fire got hit by the nerfbat in both pve and pvp... if anything frost keeps getting buffed.
90 Worgen Warlock
The only reason you got beat by an aff warlock is likely because he was keeping haunted dots on horridon the entire time whereas you probably didn't have the huge assist because of the nerf, there is no way in hell a 495 aff lock would've beat a 500 ilvl spriest otherwise.

For you to beat him haunt would need to be nerfed into the ground, though im not complaining about you here I raid with three spriests I feel bad for you guys.
Edited by Urgfelstorm on 3/12/2013 4:54 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Rogue
on a spec that absolutely needs ZERO damage buffs in pvp.

if anything, they need nerfs. not buffs.

I would argue that this isn't going to even be a significant portion of their pvp damage. The bomb requires time to go off (and cannot be spammed due to a cooldown on it vs the other bombs). 5% on a single ability on CD is not significant.

Though, since you're in the mood to be ever so constructive, how would you propose to address the PvP issue without affecting PvE? That would be the conversation worth having.
90 Blood Elf Mage
When did frost got nerfed for pvp? Fire got hit by the nerfbat in both pve and pvp... if anything frost keeps getting buffed.

Technically frostbomb was nerfed by 20% prior to today, (only did 80% damage to players). With hotfix today, it now does 60% damage to players, but with increased damage, you'll effectively see it hit 5% harder than yesterday.
Edited by Jaeron on 3/12/2013 4:55 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
Yes I do, but warlocks get nerfed all the time so......

Not surprising, still stupid.

It's a warlock, NERF IT TO THE GROUND, with useless little nerfs, implemented constantly over a sliding scale.

Please, buff mages more though, the NEED MOAR POWER.

/rolls eyes.
90 Worgen Warlock
on a spec that absolutely needs ZERO damage buffs in pvp.

if anything, they need nerfs. not buffs.

I would argue that this isn't going to even be a significant portion of their pvp damage. The bomb requires time to go off (and cannot be spammed due to a cooldown on it vs the other bombs). 5% on a single ability on CD is not significant.

Though, since you're in the mood to be ever so constructive, how would you propose to address the PvP issue without affecting PvE? That would be the conversation worth having.

That's simple really, have different spell coefficients for PVP, scale all spells the same way this would effectively take care of PVP balance and allow tweaking where required without destroying single target or multi target dps in PVE.
80 Human Paladin

They're trying to make frost viable in PvE.

5.1 I think. Only frost bomb got nerfed in PvP then. People didn't like being the receiving end of a 150k frost bomb.
90 Pandaren Rogue
Technically frostbomb was nerfed by 20% prior to today, (only did 80% damage to players). With hotfix today, it now does 60% damage to players, but with increased damage, you'll effectively see it hit 5% harder than yesterday.

Frost bomb isn't frost spec specific. Any mage of any spec can have it. Mechanically, the spells of relevance would probably be frost bolt, frostfire bolt, and ice lance.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]