Class Hotfixes – 3/12

(Locked)

90 Worgen Mage
Your posts might not be deleted if you stopped copy-posting.
90 Draenei Priest
I cannot believe you guys nerfed shadow AGAIN. Why is it that Mages and Warlocks constantly get buffed while we get nerfed? Is this your sick way of trying to force players to play the class YOU want them to play? Well good luck cuz the most ur gonna achieve is less subs
90 Draenei Priest
We want the dot specs to do well in multi-dot scenarios, but Affliction, Demonology and Shadow were doing too well on multi-dot fights and are still quite competitive on non-multi-dot fights. Balance druids, so far, are where we want them to be.

Isnt the point behind playing a game to have fun? Blizz ur taking the fun out of it...
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
You also have to take into account that now that mages no longer have improved counterspell so fights against healers rely almost 100% on burst
63 Blood Elf Death Knight
Who Cares I've seen more arms then prot now so it doesnt matter arms is still the choice people are making calm down!! =)
90 Troll Warlock
03/17/2013 10:06 PMPosted by Teye
Some players overreact when they see numbers like a 25% reduction to one spell that only makes up 10% of their damage overall. This ends up in a few percentage adjustment to a class's DPS.

GC quote from the interview he did a few days ago. Fairly obvious that he's talking about the rage from Warlocks about Doom and Corruption as its a very current issue.

Here's the problem. Corruption for Affliction isn't just a DoT for single target and multi-dotting. Its also part of MG and SB:SoC.

Here's a random high ranking Affliction log from Jin'rohk. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h5w3nzjg07kqxivn/sum/damageDone/?s=399&e=589#Marvink

You'll see 13% damage from Corruption ticks and another 10% from Corruption hits and crits. The hits and crits come from MG. So, Ghostcrawler seems to think that Corruption is only 10% of Affliction's single target damage.

Here's a random high ranking Demonology log from Jin'rohk. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tu6dp2gv72ynk2c9/details/0/?s=600&e=784

Corruption is 8.7% and Doom is 17.4%. That's 26.1%. Please explain how its okay for the lead class designer to not understand the classes he's nerfing.
90 Goblin Warlock
03/19/2013 06:02 PMPosted by Teye

GC quote from the interview he did a few days ago. Fairly obvious that he's talking about the rage from Warlocks about Doom and Corruption as its a very current issue.

Here's the problem. Corruption for Affliction isn't just a DoT for single target and multi-dotting. Its also part of MG and SB:SoC.

Here's a random high ranking Affliction log from Jin'rohk. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h5w3nzjg07kqxivn/sum/damageDone/?s=399&e=589#Marvink

You'll see 13% damage from Corruption ticks and another 10% from Corruption hits and crits. The hits and crits come from MG. So, Ghostcrawler seems to think that Corruption is only 10% of Affliction's single target damage.

Here's a random high ranking Demonology log from Jin'rohk. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tu6dp2gv72ynk2c9/details/0/?s=600&e=784

Corruption is 8.7% and Doom is 17.4%. That's 26.1%. Please explain how its okay for the lead class designer to not understand the classes he's nerfing.

+1

Meanwhile nether tempest is doing 20% of the mages damage. Working as intended right?
90 Gnome Warlock
03/19/2013 06:02 PMPosted by Teye

Don't worry though - it's okay for Mages to get more buffs to help themselves out.

Meanwhile they nerf us for multi-dotting reasons without a single target compensation? That's wonderful...

...I feel kind of sorry for the PvPers too since this also affects them.
90 Goblin Warlock
Nether Tempest doing 35% damage on council.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-g5jues3ltskloxdo/sum/damageDone/?s=5708&e=6021

Is this justice? How can a mage out perform multi dotters?
90 Troll Warlock

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-g5jues3ltskloxdo/sum/damageDone/?s=5708&e=6021

This. Why is it ok for Mages to do this kind of damage, and out perform Warlocks on Single Target? Buff Demonology and Aff single target to compensate. This is seriously ridiculous.
90 Human Mage

This. Why is it ok for Mages to do this kind of damage, and out perform Warlocks on Single Target? Buff Demonology and Aff single target to compensate. This is seriously ridiculous.

Better ask why is it fair Mages got nerfed for the Scorchweaving crap. I'm not uber pissed but Mages did get their fair share of nerfs. I bet things will change when 5.3 comes(Non raid patch btw).

~Aeluron Lightsong
90 Human Priest

Better ask why is it fair Mages got nerfed for the Scorchweaving crap. I'm not uber pissed but Mages did get their fair share of nerfs. I bet things will change when 5.3 comes(Non raid patch btw).

~Aeluron Lightsong

Scorchweaving was (in my opinion) fixing a bug, which was being exploited, I do not think that anyone on the design staff intended for Arcane to have a "free" spell to cast that did not drop stacks.

Things will change when 5.3 comes out, the problem is that they are nerfing some specs because of a niche roll (MultiDoTers) and turning Mages into the Top Spec in pretty much every scenario. I've even seen some rankings that list mages as the Top 3 specs out of everyone. Blizzard says everyone should have their time to shine, it is okay if mages do well in singletarget, and okay in multiDoT, just like it should be fine for the Opposite to be true for locks and priests, okay in single target and good in MultiDot, as long as there is good raid design so that neither style is dominant(IE not all multiDoT fights or all singletarget)

I have no problem with mages being a very high damage spec relative to hybrids, but I think a line needs to be drawn when they are blowing other pure DPS classes out of the water, especially when Blizzard has been touting "Bring the player not the class" as a defense of Buff Simplification, yet they make such a big gap in the DPS the classes offer.
90 Troll Warlock
The fact that this thread is being ignored is really pathetic... Well, only 4 more pages before its capped and they can start locking and deleting threads that bring it up...

Well, I know of another way to get a message to GC... TO TWITTER!
Edited by Teye on 3/20/2013 3:35 AM PDT
90 Goblin Warlock
The fact that this thread is being ignored is really pathetic... Well, only 4 more pages before its capped and they can start locking and deleting threads that bring it up...

Well, I know of another way to get a message to GC... TO TWITTER!

With Xelnath gone we should have seen this coming. GC knows very well what he's doing when it comes to class balancing. He has the power to do whatever he pleases and tbh it's disgusting.

You can't argue with the facts GC, it's right here. You're certainly doing a great job at pissing off the warlock community after you brought them back from that mess you called cataclysm.

03/12/2013 12:10 PMPosted by Rygarius
We want the dot specs to do well in multi-dot scenarios

By well you mean below mages right? Thanks for clearing that up.

Goodnight.
Edited by Elucidhz on 3/20/2013 4:44 AM PDT
90 Troll Warlock
You're certainly doing a great job at pissing off the warlock community after you brought them back from that mess you called cataclysm.

That was Xelnath. He redesigned the entire class and shared most of the designs with MMO-C as he came up with them and got tons of feedback that he actually used. GC didn't like that he actually took the time to work WITH the community and forced him out of a job. Whole thing makes me sick; We went from a class designer who actually payed attention to us to someone who probably won't even let the blues make posts in this thread.
90 Goblin Warlock
In a long and painful history of extremely questionable design decisions, taking multi-dot superiority away from locks and shadow priests while simultaneously granting it to mages has got to go down as one of the most baffling.
Edited by Hecklebury on 3/20/2013 7:23 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]