Django: Best movie of 2012

100 Orc Death Knight
Self-explanatory. That movie is BAAAAAAD haha. then again i grew up watching westerns, but Quentin Tarantino + Western Machoism + good actors = WIN Who's with me
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I have always felt I could never be as big a fan of Quentin Tarantino as Quentin Tarantino is.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
No. Too many N words. I thought we were past that.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I like Django Unchained. It's not nearly Tarantino's best. He was at his best, as were many directors who rose to popularity in the 90's, earlier in his career (when he made crime dramas.) Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown... those are his best films. Followed by Inglorious and Django (in no particular order) and then trailing miles behind, you have Kill Bill.

Best film of 2012? Hmm, I wouldn't say that. But it was good.

And one last thing:

I know it is cliche to say "people that say this just don't understand his movies". But, I'm going to say it. People that say this just don't understand his movies, what kind of films he was raised on, how GINORMOUS an influence blaxploitation movies were to him, and the overall tone he strives for. If you're getting hung up on the word, you just..... don't.... get it.
Edited by Breakbeat on 3/13/2013 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I get it. He was one of may favorite directors. I don't agree with the overuse of the word in the movie. It was unnessary.

I like Django Unchained. It's not nearly Tarantino's best. He was at his best, as were many directors who rose to popularity in the 90's, earlier in his career (when he made crime dramas.) Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown... those are his best films. Followed by Inglorious and Django (in no particular order) and then trailing miles behind, you have Kill Bill.

And one last thing:

I know it is cliche to say "people that say this just don't understand his movies". But, I'm going to say it. People that say this just don't understand his movies, what kind of films he was raised on, how GINORMOUS an influence blaxploitation movies were to him, and the overall tone he strives for. If you're getting hung up on the word, you just..... don't.... get it.

I understand his movies. He was one of may favorite directors. I don't agree with the overuse of that word in the movie. It was unnessary.
Edited by Slingclaw on 3/13/2013 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I dont agree with people who complain about words, they are just words.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
^^^ agree to disagree. i believe it's how they talked back then u know, with the cultural differences and racism. Anyone else got a idea for best movie of 2012/? plz dont say Argo lol
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I understand his movies. He was one of may favorite directors. I don't agree with the overuse of that word in the movie. It was unnessary.

I understand that you don't agree, and that's fair. It's your prerogative to either like or dislike the language in his movies.

But how can you say he "was" one of your favorite directors? Have you not seen Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, or Jackie Brown? That word was used liberally throughout all of those movies.

Which movies did he make that caused you to consider him one of your favorites?

Kill Bill maybe? But that would be about it.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Hunter
I get it. He was one of may favorite directors. I don't agree with the overuse of the word in the movie. It was unnessary.

And one last thing:

You say you thought we were past that. You do realize this is set in the past when that term was used more right. Also if the roles were reversed and it was white people who were being called cracker the whole time would you also not be okay with that? I have not seen the movie I am just assuming they were calling Jamie Foxx the n word and using it a lot when talking.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
03/15/2013 04:22 AMPosted by Breakbeat

I understand that you don't agree, and that's fair. It's your prerogative to either like or dislike the language in his movies.

But how can you say he "was" one of your favorite directors? Have you not seen Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, or Jackie Brown? That word was used liberally throughout all of those movies.

Sure. Those were the movies that made me consider him on my favorites. But, it's not used anywhere the near the amount of times in those movies as it was in Django.
Edited by Slingclaw on 3/15/2013 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Sure. Those were the movies that made me consider him on my favorites. But, it's not used anywhere the near the amount of times in those movies as it was in Django.

OK, so Buscemi standing around in Reservoir Dogs telling a few other white guys that they are all "acting like a bunch of n*****" is not offensive, "dead n****** storage" from Pulp Fiction is not offensive, and Sam Jackson firing off "n******" like 200 times in Jackie Brown is not offensive.

But a movie actually written to take place during times where the "n" word WAS common and acceptable language (not in current times such as the aforementioned films), that features liberal use of that word, is?

You've lost me.
Edited by Breakbeat on 3/23/2013 7:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]