The ToT LFR Impression Thread [1st wing]

100 Worgen Mage
Ran ToT LFR this week? Post your comments about it here. Anything goes. Did you have fun? Anything feel overtuned? Any griefing? Win any loot? Etc. Etc.
Edited by Digerati on 3/13/2013 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
2/3 on loot and one Secrets of the Empire (legendary questline). So pretty good there. On the other hand, I ran with 14 other guildies so it was pretty smooth. But I also ran the first wing on PTR with randoms and it was similarly smooth. Not bad really. No griefing from the randoms on bridge boss in either run.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
The only time there was any danger to players was doing *completely* stupid stuff.

-I think dragging a lightning ball into a fissure was pretty serious raid damage on JR. One death from a guy standing in electrified water for 20 seconds.

-Horridon almost died before War-God, so the AOE damage was getting pretty high. Luckily the group smashed all 4 gates before reaching this point, have heard of problems with Horridon getting focused down before even dealing with the gates.

- Came in to a Council group with a 10% buff, killed it there with 5 or 7 dead at the end. That's with people constantly standing in bad stuff, very few dispellers, absolutely ZERO loa spirits killed, and lots of herpderp with the shared debuff.

Won glove token, was fairly normal as LFR goes, a bit of facepalming but not horrendous. Getting all of the trolls in the first room pulled by accident was more mayhem than any boss, still wasn't a complete wipe.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Guildie told me he saw a 522 socketed neck drop from LFR trash
Edited by Digerati on 3/14/2013 1:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I got a 522 holy plate belt on trash as the only pally in raid. That was certainly weird. No boss loot, but I didn't burn coins. One shot everything. Horridon was sub 30% after 4th door. We pulled trash into Council and didn't wipe. Its probably tuned somewhat correctly for lesser geared raids. I had a guildie who rage quit on council after 3 or 4 wipes over some issue with several ppl, not that it was griefing, probably some form of personality conflict.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Also got 522 belt from trash.

LFR seems finely tuned unlike before where you zerg everything and its still ok.

Wiped on trash on our way to Horridon. Someone took the initiative to lead and got through it pretty easily.

Wiped once in Council, someone who killed it on Normal lead the group and suprisingly, everyone followed and we facerolled it.

6 rolls on bosses, got nothing.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I think council will be a pushover once a good LFR strategy comes into play. We kinda just half assed it and tanked the priestess and frost king on Sul, ignored the loa, and just zerged down... but that took a while and didn't feel like it was that efficient.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
easy
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Also got 522 belt from trash.

Are you eligible for this even if already killed bosses for the week?

Maybe an oversight (like Grounding Totem reflecting Kazrajin's damage reflect)
Reply Quote
yeah, went in as dps and it went quick enough as I got into a guild group from another server. Only issue was on Council due to someone standing outside and got charged, reseting the encounter. Ran it as a tank yesterday and we just bopped me through Horridon to avoid tank swap, and council was easy even though the other tank had never seen it. I just pulled the one boss slightly away and marked which boss to stomp on.

We'll see how healing goes this weekend.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The group I got put with surprisingly didn't wipe. Though 'attack the scary purple guy' on council was apparently too complex an instruction to digest. When Sul empowered I got him from 100%-->88% by myself before people were like hurp durp ima attak dis nao.

Also haha bridge trash nerfs, thank god. People that thought garalon was bad would be having aneurisms right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Joined a raid in progress after the 1st boss was downed. We wiped on the 1st Council pull. Then we got a better plan and it went smoothly. Got through the trash quickly even though 4 players left. A newly arrived player gave us tips on the 3rd boss and we downed it on the first try. I got the 502 2-handed sword. I got enough rep to reach 2999/3000 of neutral. Now I can turn in my Champion quest. I like the 1st wing.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Pretty much 1 shot it all on my shaman but my mage was not so lucky.

We had at least 1 wipe on every boss and 2 wipes on council.

jinrokh
- stacking lightning fissures does nothing
- dropping lightning fissure in raid does nothing
- dropping lightning fissure in pool does nothing
- lightning storm can be covered by 1 healer's aoe spam

horridon
- adds fall over in 5 seconds
- add damage is non-existent
- tank damage from horridon is like 10% that of normal
- war-lord scream only a problem if healers are afk

council
- lightning charge thing does nothing
- sand adds do nothing, can be ignored
- attack whatever target you want, drop a few more heals on anyone attacked by the empowered/possessed one

TLDR: all mechanics are trivilized and can be ignored as usual in LFR, enjoy your months of gold bags !

I dont think I can agree with most of this, reason I got killed multiple times from people not tanking things because "they do pretty much nothing"
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Negatives: Too easy, wasted 2 coins, no loot.

Positives: Short 20 min dps queue, easy 90 VP, something new, no griefing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I jumped in Tuesday night and had a good time, but my group wasn't a smooth as silk run. There was plenty of dying. I don't think it's because the bosses are too hard. I think it's because almost nobody knew the strats and didn't necessarily follow them if they were put into chat. From what I saw in chat, it sounded like maybe 3 or 4 people had been in there before. Unfortunately, none of them were the tanks. Personally, I watched the Tank Spot videos. Took less than 20 minutes, and I had a rough idea what to expect from bosses.

jinrokh
- stacking lightning fissures does nothing
- dropping lightning fissure in raid does nothing
- dropping lightning fissure in pool does nothing
- lightning storm can be covered by 1 healer's aoe spam

horridon
- adds fall over in 5 seconds
- add damage is non-existent
- tank damage from horridon is like 10% that of normal
- war-lord scream only a problem if healers are afk

council
- lightning charge thing does nothing
- sand adds do nothing, can be ignored
- attack whatever target you want, drop a few more heals on anyone attacked by the empowered/possessed one

TLDR: all mechanics are trivilized and can be ignored as usual in LFR, enjoy your months of gold bags !

I don't agree with this, either. My group wiped on Jinrokh because somebody cause implosions that took out seven of the dps who were trying to get out of the lightning pool. We wiped on Horridon because those adds, when ignored by tanks, hit hard enough to kill dps pretty quick. I don't think the healers were any better informed than the tanks, either. It also didn't help that some dps tunneled Horridon.We wiped a couple of times on the bridge because people weren't paying attention and either pulled extras or fell off. The mobs got dragged all the way to the start of the instance which ended up being a good thing. A large enough group had made it back in to kill them off without having to deal with the bridge. We wiped two or three times on Council because of the sand adds. My group was pretty good about hitting the empowered boss, and the loa spirit was getting taken down, but the first time, I don't think anybody knew to kill the adds. The second time, the adds got hit, but they were everywhere, and it's hard to aoe when they're scattered. The third time, the tank on the frost guy pulled Sul over by him, which meant Sul went down a lot faster.

tl;dr: ignoring mechanics can absolutely wipe the raid.

I did get loot, pants and helm, and I also get one of the legendary quest items. I wanted the tier gloves, darn it! They escaped me all last tier.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I think council will be a pushover once a good LFR strategy comes into play. We kinda just half assed it and tanked the priestess and frost king on Sul, ignored the loa, and just zerged down... but that took a while and didn't feel like it was that efficient.

Eh, my group just tanked the priestess away from sul and frost king and pretty much all the adds got AoE'd down anyway. Went by pretty quick.

Had a pair of Agi Mail THUNDERFORGED boots drop off the first trash pack, that was hilarious. Esp when the Ele/Resto shaman won them over the 3-4 hunters in the gorup.

Best part of the run though was when all the DPS ran on the bridge and aggro'd the first 2 adds then fell off the edge. All 17 of them. Left the 2 tanks and the healers to kill them.

Most fun I've had in LFR lol.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
My priests group was easy and simple, but then again me and another healer in guild queued together and we basically could have 2 healed the entire first 3 bosses.

My hunter's group was all derp and a little herp. They wiped on Horridon cause only like me and 4 other ppl switched to adds, and we wiped 3 times on council before downing him mostly becuz we had 3 healers who queued as heals and were dpsing, and of the healers we had none of them knew how to dispell so my hunter died twice to being the target of the sand trap and not getting a dispell and my master's call was on cd.

That and with only 3 not so great healers when people didn't switch to the empowered troll he would sit there at 100 energy just spamming the raid with damage and the heals couldn't keep up....it was that bad <.<

Overall seems easy enough if you have people willing to attack the right targets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Best way to handle the Council is to blow all cooldowns when Sul is empowered to take him out quickly. No adds or sandstorm to deal with anymore. The other 3 members are a pushover.

Also picked up some shared boss loot plate dps shoulders. Reconstructed Furious Shoulderplates
Edited by Demetheius on 3/14/2013 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
Difficulty of bosses seems appropriate- they've learned from first week Garalon/Amber-shaper LFR woes. So that's good.

Didn't realize you could only get rep from bosses once; I was saving my banners for normal mode so a little bummed I missed out on that... but that's just a small gripe. Now I know :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]