The ToT LFR Impression Thread [1st wing]

100 Worgen Mage
My 3rd LFR run isn't going well, but I picked a bad time to queue. Spent an hour in queue, get a fresh run. We wiped on Jinrokh at 10% and a healer and dps left. So we waited about 12 minutes for it to fill, and it never did, and people just started leaving. 5 more minutes pass and someone ninja pulls, and everyone but 1 healer and 5 dps leave, lol. So yeah, just sitting around. Should have pulled with 23.

Edit: yeah group died just me one other dps, would have to wait another hour for a full group

Edit 2: Awhile later it eventually filled. Pulled with 23 and downed him. Was 330 at that point, lol.
Edited by Digerati on 3/17/2013 3:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Wiped once on CoE to Sul, then another raid member suggested a great cheese strat: hero at the start and DPS the sand guy down really low. Some DPS just got on the Frost King anyway (maybe the language barrier), but it worked out fine. I kept on DPSing him throughout the next two empowers. Sul got empowered 4th, and he was already at 10% by that time. He's the only real threat, so I suggest others try this strat too. I whittled the priest down after Sul died. It's ok if all the healing adds hit, but the shadowed add is a one shot.

All in all took longer than I expected. About 90 minutes or so for 2 bosses.

8 kills in lfr over 3 characters so far. 1 Wipe. Despite being told several times to swap to the possessed they followed the other suggestion of burn sul, sul died, other boss blew up we all died. Killed him 3x so far with nothing else then start on sul and then kill each boss as its possessed. Todays kill about 1/4 through a druid started rooting the loa mobs and between my hunter and the druid we killed every one. My most recent run took about 50 minutes for all 3.

Overall impression is their is nothing in their as hard as current lfr garalon.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Queued up for ToT LFR twice so far.

First queue was ~40 minutes long (DPS), joined in progress while raid was making their way to council. Left after 3rd wipe.

Second queue took ~50 minutes (DPS), also already in progress clearing trash on way to Horridon. Left after 2nd wipe - enrage timer.

90 minutes of queue time, 0 kills/loot, 5 wipes.
Edited by Nodot on 3/17/2013 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Queued up for ToT LFR twice so far.

First queue was ~40 minutes long (DPS), joined in progress while raid was making their way to council. Left after 3rd wipe.

Second queue took ~50 minutes (DPS), also already in progress clearing trash on way to Horridon. Left after 2nd wipe - enrage timer.

90 minutes of queue time, 0 kills/loot, 5 wipes.

You should of stayed and killed the bosses...

There is a stacking buff you get fro wiping...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
LFR strat for council... all DPS kill sul.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Just got my 1st Council kill, I already have 3 Horridon & Jin'Rokh kills. Don't what is it about this council fight, but my groups have just stalled on them.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
SICK of people with 30k dps
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Council should be done with enough (pref ranged) dps on the possessed shadowy add to force the transitions with all remaining dps on Sul to down him before he is ever possessed.
Reply Quote
95 Dwarf Death Knight
20% on Jin'chok when the 4th lightning storm happened, managed to get him to sub 1% healing through it on the outside until the orbs finished us off, next pull, 15%, was funny to see people doing 20k in 480+ gear with a 10% damage buff.

On Horridon, already had the suggestion started that I was specifically told through blue twitters wouldn't happen;

"just kill the dinosaur until we die to get the buff to 15%"
This actually made me leave as I was scared for humanity.
Edited by Azane on 3/17/2013 3:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Sat out for part of our progression raid this morning and figured I'd queue for LFR again this weekend and burn a coin on Horridon. 55 minutes in queue, only to get a group that didn't have the faintest idea how Jin'rokh works. Three of us stood in the first pool. I died when the first tank died and the second one, who apparently had just been standing around doing nothing until that point, didn't grab threat in time. There was one other guy above 100k, I don't know what happened to him, but it ended up being a wipe around 40%. I dropped group and went to go do dailies, which was a lot more fun.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
I dropped group and went to go do dailies, which was a lot more fun.

I can't say that I blame you for that, but on the chance you want to explain to them how to do it, this blog entry has useful /i commands for macroing:

http://treehealsgowoosh.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/copy-and-paste-strats-for-part-1-of-throne-of-thunder-lfr/

Arguably the "kill Sul" cheese strat would be better for Council, though.
Edited by Osmeric on 3/17/2013 3:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]