Naérdriel's Tantalizing Treats - Healer OT

100 Blood Elf Priest
The Rules:

1) Be excellent to each other. No one likes a jerk. Don't be a jerk in this thread. No fighting, no put downs, no name calling - or else Reta will beat you with a stick. >:(

2a) The title of the next thread is to be decided by general acceptance before this one caps; try not to overlap with previous ones. Whomever caps the thread should make the new one.

2b) Keep the ToS in mind when deciding on a thread title. This will make it far less likely to be deleted. Also, the title of the thread should always involve food! This is the healer forum and we're weird.

3) Copy and paste these rules and the below list into the first post of the new thread. Add the title of the new thread to the bottom of the list.

Titles of previous OT threads:
Practical's Donuts
Retà's Gumbo Pot
Fleurzilla's Spanish Sammiches
Oldwolfe's Singularity Jello
Kaels' Mac'n'cheese
Pipikaula's Buttered Artichokes
Kerias' Kentucky Fried Chicken
Abeille's Chocolate Truffles
Alnair's Braised Pork Belly
Winnifred's Fried Green Tomatoes
Anarri's Soylent Bread
Röth's Flawless Lasagna
Evayle's Pop Tarts
Sensations' Sensational BBQ
Scootles' Spaghetti
Gumshoe's Samosas
Malrius' Marvelous Stromboli
Akaeya's Fruit Cocktail
Rain's Evil Crawfish Boil
Zzar's Fabulous Falafel
Morenn's Ginger Beef Curry
Anohako's Red Beans and Rice
Marathel's Brazilian Pastries
Veroicone's Macaroni Icecream
Glenn's Backyard Barbeque
Jumpies' Jumpy Jumping Beans
Harpoa's Haggis
Ffraid's Fabulous Souffle
Shammyren's Stupendous Stew
Stormtides' Satisfying Casserole
Buffyria's Bourbon Bonbons
Riot's Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Eiko's Lazy Pepperoni Rolls
Feyatia's Mussamun Curry
Nerfheals' Nefarious Nourishment
Icecreamsoup's Frozen Soup
Fluffy's Lemon Meringue Pie
Vhalan's Tuscan Bean Stew
Zamboozle's Seafood Chow Mein
Dayani's Delicious Desserts
Skootalloo's Steak Surprise
Veroicone's Cookie Birthday Cake
Aestyr's Lemon Cupcakes
Iritha's Casserole Surprise
General Flintte's Chicken
Fistlobster's Alfredo
Mist's Phenomenal Pork Dumplings
Naérdriel's Tantalizing Treats

This is our home, let's keep it nice!

Healer IRC: http://outofmana.me/healchat/
Edited by Kaels on 3/16/2013 1:05 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Monk
Kaels beat me to it.

I am now a sad panda.

:<
90 Night Elf Druid
Next time Bacchus, next time!
90 Pandaren Priest
Yay a new thread!
100 Blood Elf Priest
I waited a long time! I went and killed Galleon first!
90 Tauren Priest
i is dying of teh plaguez
90 Pandaren Shaman
Feel better, Milk :(

I also can't hear "plague" without thinking of...

BRING OUTCHEH DEEEAAAAAADDDDDD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs
100 Pandaren Monk
Feel better, Milk :(

I also can't hear "plague" without thinking of...

BRING OUTCHEH DEEEAAAAAADDDDDD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs

But I don't want to go in the cart. :<
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Milk -

Boil water. Inhale the steam. Do this for a little while, but don't fall in.

When you're done, don't forget that both the pan, and the water, are probably still hot. ;)

Riôt
90 Tauren Priest
I'll keep that in mind, Riot. Thanks.
90 Draenei Shaman
Arena scares me.

Oh hellz yeah, agreed!

I disliked PvP of any variety (including friendly duels with *anyone*) until one of our raiders insisted on dragging me along for some funsies 2v2 exposure. I couldn't imagine it could be even as fun as a root canal, but he bugged me and bugged me and bugged me about it until I finally said "I'm going to suck, I'm going to hate it, and you'll just end up hating *me* too, but if it will shut you up FINE, I'll do one to show you how awful I will be at it"

You know what? I *was* awful at it! I died in like .5 sec flat.

But he said: "Well, try *this* next time" (I forget exactly what kind of CRITTOTHEFASE killed me, and what his suggestion was) and he made me agree to queue again immediately. And <gasp> I survived, like, 1.5 sec before I was splatted, and saw something I could have tried which might have enabled me to survive another second beyond that, which *might* have given him time to do something other than watch me die like a scrub!

And he said: "See? You made it like 300% longer than you managed the first try! Next time, do [whatever it was I had done] but watch out for them to try [whatever his new instruction was], and I'll [uh, whatever]. And just remember - you're a healer. THEY WILL FOCUS YOU if they're not complete idiots. What *you* have to do is pretend you're tanking. What can you do to make yourself as tank-like as possible, for a few seconds, while I do [whatever he'd be doing to make them fear for their lives if they continued to ignore him]."

And he made me queue for another with him immediately.

And you know what? He kept me re-queuing and improving for like 2.5 hrs, by the end of which I was like OMG THIS IS SO FUN EVEN THO I STILL SUCK AND I MOSTLY DIE VERY QUICKLY!

For quite a good stretch of time (I think it was all of 4.2), we capped every week, even though some weeks it was painful, and had clawed our way up to some not-COMPLETELY-sucky-even-though-it-was-still-pretty-sucky rating by the end of that arena season ;) We even started a 3s team with another guildie who's a much better PvP'er than the 1st guy. I've learned *way* more from that 3rd person, plus he's really quiet in-guild/in-raid so it gave me an opportunity to get to know him a tiny bit more, which I really appreciated.

I miss that time. In 4.3, my guild pretty much took a break from the game before that "first weeks of the new content patch is causing everyone to be super busy" thing had really subsided and the two of us just didn't get back into the swing of arena'ing. Then I got totally involved in levelling a Mistweaver 1 - 90 on the MoP beta... and now that MoP is underway, OMG at all the content I'm working on outside of raiding!

... sorry for the big ol' bloggy wall of text. But man, it's reminding me how much I miss that whole fun arena thing with friends!
90 Undead Warlock
Milk -

When you're done, don't forget that both the pan, and the water, are probably still hot. ;)

Riôt

Therefore, you should make pasta!
100 Blood Elf Priest
Milk -

Riôt

Therefore, you should make pasta!

In fact, you can do the inhaling while you're making the pasta.

Or the chicken soup. Chicken soup is even better.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I tried that ElvUi skin pack, Kaels, and it Lua-errored big time. Does it need to be installed as its own seperate addon, or does it need to be installed into the ElvUI folder?

Riôt
100 Blood Elf Priest
I tried that ElvUi skin pack, Kaels, and it Lua-errored big time. Does it need to be installed as its own seperate addon, or does it need to be installed into the ElvUI folder?

Riôt

Hm, I'm not sure. I use the TukUI installer. It appears to have put it in a separate addon folder for me.

Do you have the latest version of ElvUI?
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://postimage.org/image/uphyshon3/
A winni UI
Edited by Winnifred on 3/16/2013 11:21 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
Winni, get rid of that floating combat text :(
90 Blood Elf Priest
DOH! I forgotted. Going to go do so now.
90 Draenei Paladin
Yay Horridon is dead! Yay!
85 Night Elf Druid
Oh, and the consolidated buff frame is still up in the right hand corner. Uncheck "consolidate buffs" in options - interface - buffs and debuffs.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]