Naérdriel's Tantalizing Treats - Healer OT

90 Gnome Priest
GDC?

Game Developer's Conference. I get to meet a bunch of people who might eventually want to hire me.

EDIT: My laptop is weird with gamepads. It'll work in exactly one USB port, not any of the others.
Edited by Skootalloo on 3/26/2013 5:19 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Mage
WTB: Balance Druid for M/Tue/Sat raiding. :P

I'd do it if I didn't hate boomkin >_>

So wait shamans got changed but badly? It reminds me of that image I saw ages ago where there are different levers that say "buff" and "nerf" and the shaman one has cobwebs and is all dusty :P
Edited by Veroicone on 3/26/2013 5:16 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Mage
That sounds exciting Skoot!
90 Draenei Shaman
So wait shamans got changed but badly?

yeah

They buffed Healing Rain, Chain Heal, and Earthliving weapon by 20%.

- Healing Rain is already one of our stronger abilities (though some evidence seems to indicate that even on stacked fights, even our strong abilities could use some tweaking)

- Chain Heal needed some love, so yay, buff...

- Earthliving Weapon... uh... so... the weak HoT it applies (20% chance for single-target heals to proc it, and guaranteed proc on a target under 35% health)... uh... yeah... that's... important O.o

The "problem" is that neither HR nor CH being buffed are solutions to the T15 situation for resto shamans. Sure, we can throw HR down, but since players mostly need to be spread out and/or moving... HR isn't being... uh... stood in. Same with Chain Heal; so much spread healing, and movement, that it's... uh... not jumping.

YOU try to find someone in the group who's not at 100% health (and won't be healed up in the next 2 sec while you cast CH, because if the person is at 100% health when your spell goes off, CH will not jump) and also no more than 12.5 yards from a second person who's also not at 100% health, who's no more than 12.5 yards from a third person who's also not at 100% health, and preferably who's not more than 12.5 yards from a fourth person who's also not at 100% health.

Now... be sure that as the CH stops at each jump to recalculate whether it has an injured target nearby or not, that the other healers don't unintentionally heal the next target up to 100% because you guessed it, the heal won't jump if it finds that it's next target is at 100% health.

Now... tell those people not to move more than 12.5 yards from each other until the heal has gone off ;)

"Guys, can you just... uh... freeze there? YEAH, JUST LIKE THAT! Perfect! No, Tim, IGNORE THE TURTLE SPINNING INTO YOUR FACE. You're not allowed to move yet..."

Or you know, you could glyph Chain Heal so that it doubles its jump range from 12.5 yards to 25 yards. Definitely helpful in 10man, except... now I have to decide which other glyph I can live without. Also, it imposes a cooldown (admittedly a short cooldown), so that leaves me with no ability to group heal between CH casts, presuming HR is already down (and being run out of, sigh)

Factor into that situation that HR & CH are lengthy-ish cast times, and that Spiritwalker's Grace is only available once every 2 min (hey, I love that we have the ability at all, don't get me wrong!) then take a look at the amount of movement in most ToT fights... and.. yeah.

Hey, thanks for those buffs! I THINK THEY'LL REALLY HELP!

(in a less sarcastic response, I will say that yes, CH being buffed will help. It may not be a heal which I can use with *efficiency* in high movement/spread situations, but yes, I can and I do use it, and every time I use it from today forward, it will heal for more each hit than it did before today. I just don't see it significantly helping the resto shaman situation on the majority of ToT fights).
90 Night Elf Priest
Awww Ell <3

I love my shammy healers and I do my best to co-heal with you all. I do not envy you all at all.
90 Night Elf Druid
03/26/2013 05:09 PMPosted by Skootalloo
GDC?

Game Developer's Conference. I get to meet a bunch of people who might eventually want to hire me.

EDIT: My laptop is weird with gamepads. It'll work in exactly one USB port, not any of the others.

That sounds awesome, Skoot!
100 Pandaren Monk
Got accepted by the 25-man guild I applied to.

Time to smash bosses and acquire loot.

:^D
90 Pandaren Priest
Got accepted by the 25-man guild I applied to.

Time to smash bosses and acquire loot.

:^D

yay!
90 Draenei Monk
After playing a mage as my main for a while, even though I was only doing it because it was my only max level toon and I didn't want to waste my progress, I've finally made the switch back to healing and I'm finally doing what I love! :D I'm one of you now <3
90 Pandaren Priest
After playing a mage as my main for a while, even though I was only doing it because it was my only max level toon and I didn't want to waste my progress, I've finally made the switch back to healing and I'm finally doing what I love! :D I'm one of you now <3

\o/
100 Blood Elf Mage
Ok, this new effing quest boss lady on the bridge before Horridon is f**king ridiculous. Like we need more time on the bridge. And 29 gold in a bag. No valor? No rep even? The ICC quest gave frost badges. Ridiculous.
90 Tauren Priest
Ridiculous.

Lol our tank got knocked off, he's so dumb.
100 Blood Elf Mage
btw, I dare you to google the images for the name of that mini boss.
90 Night Elf Druid

Yay! Now you'll never go back to the other side.. :D
90 Tauren Priest

So much female draenei !@#$? lolwat...
90 Night Elf Druid
03/26/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Ellarix
So wait shamans got changed but badly?

yeah

They buffed Healing Rain, Chain Heal, and Earthliving weapon by 20%.

- Healing Rain is already one of our stronger abilities (though some evidence seems to indicate that even on stacked fights, even our strong abilities could use some tweaking)

- Chain Heal needed some love, so yay, buff...

(only quoted part of this so it doesn't take up a lot of space!)

But that sucks :/ I heard about shamans having issues this tier because of the way the fights are set up. I really don't understand Blizzard when they design a fight encounter let alone an entire raid. You'd think they'd look at all of the encounters in a simple form and see where it would cause issues for certain classes.
100 Blood Elf Mage
03/26/2013 08:36 PMPosted by Qùess

So much female draenei !@#$? lolwat...

ikr? I mean they are hot and all that, but my god. Just goes to prove, the internet *is* for !@#$.

Edit: on a completely different topic, I just coined tier gloves. Yay. Although I will have to give up my two piece t14. Might not be worth it, not sure.
Edited by Taymage on 3/26/2013 9:15 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Monk
03/26/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Taymage
Ok, this new effing quest boss lady on the bridge before Horridon

Wait, what?

edit: Nevermind, found it finally.

...some things are better left ungoogled.
Edited by Bacchus on 3/26/2013 9:50 PM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
@ Naer - grats! I'm sure you'll knock em dead & you'll be on the core roster in no time :D

@ Vero - well, buffs are buffs, right? We'll see some more hps being able to be put out, even if it's not the solution for the actual problem, sigh ;)
90 Pandaren Monk
Shoo-bee-doo-wh op-baaaa.
Edited by Fistlobster on 3/26/2013 11:15 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]