Naérdriel's Tantalizing Treats - Healer OT

90 Human Priest
It's a wittle bell. To scare the mean monsters away. or to alert the tank that i'm now in heal range. !@#$ if i know. I have 2 on my shoulders as well
90 Blood Elf Priest
@tay The loot table states that the stat is random. guessing WAI but possibly an oversight.

Shouldn't be able to get cloth with Expertise; that's approaching Vanilla-levels of stupid itemization. It's like Dodge cloth. (OK, marginally more useful since it works as Hit, but there's no reason for it to be on a cloth item natively. It looks stupid.)

Hit would be acceptable if the random-enchant items are supposed to be exempt from the "appropriate to your spec" LFR loot guarantee.
90 Human Priest
My guess is it's literally a random stat. Possibly because they don't want useful versions to be too common. It seems really stupid regardless, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it getting fixed. I'd much rather see trinkets tweaked >.>
Edited by Evry on 3/20/2013 2:41 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Today, on (a rerun of) The Family Feud;

Question: Name a tool that a child would be likely to have a toy version of.

Answer: Woody.

Riôt
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/20/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Evry
My guess is it's literally a random stat. Possibly because they don't want useful versions to be too common.

We heard you liked RNG, so we put some RNG in your RNG so you can gamble while you gamble.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Question: do most of you three heal council (10N)? Or do some of you two heal?
90 Undead Warlock
^We three-heal it (some combo of priest, pally, druid, and shaman) but we haven't downed it yet

I honestly like priest t15 without the helmet.

The helmet is just bizarre.
Edited by Swagguh on 3/20/2013 2:56 PM PDT
We're 3 healing it, me (Disc Priest), a Resto Shaman, and a Monk.

Normally, the Monk comes on his Rogue and our main healer is a Holy Priest, but we've been having trouble getting our tanks to show up, so the Priest usually tanks on his Druid.

The Shaman usually has a cooldown available every time, but the Monk only has Revival and I still haven't gotten the hang of Disc when dealing with heavy AoE damage. I think part of the problem is that Focused Lightning always seems to go out right before Lightning Storm, and it often hits one of the healers, so someone's off kiting the lightning away and then they tend to die because they're not grouped up and healing/being healed.

Our dps isn't bad, I think when we got him to 40%, it was after the 2nd Lightning Storm. But maybe we could try 2 healing it.

If you have the DPS for it, 3 healing is an option. If one of your tanks is a druid, have them use Tranq during one of the Lightning Storms. If you have a warlock, coordinate the eating of rocks. You don't have to kite the Focused Lightning halfway across the room. We usually tell people that if they get Focused Lightning right before a Lightning Storm, to drop it right in front of the statue right behind where we are stacking. That way they are in healing range, and what tends to happen is that the Lightning Fissure gets eaten by the tank's mini-pool right when he lands on it. It will only do about 75k damage, which to a decently geared tank, is nothing. Having one or two Fissures swallowed by the pool won't wipe the raid, but having someone halfway to nowhere when the Lightning Storm hits just might.

Thanks for the advice, it should help a lot. We have a Druid tank, but I don't think he's been popping Tranq. If we have our Shadow Priest in (and we usually do), he could also Symbiosis him and give him Tranq, which could help a lot. We won't be doing ToT again till Saturday, but I'll make sure to mention some of this stuff, thanks.

[quote]WTF IS THAT ON HER HEAD?

The helm's a bit...intense. I really like the shoulders though, and the bell is interesting, at least. Maybe I'm gonna untransmog my stuff, I don't even know what I look like right now. I think I've been in only t5 and t6 since transmog was introduced.
Edited by Flintte on 3/20/2013 3:04 PM PDT
90 Human Priest
The LFR and heroic coloring is alright, I really just don't like the normal set : \ Too much muted neutral coloring + quilt look
I was about to untransmog my stuff, until I realized how hideous my helm is. Bleh.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I have to admit that part of my distaste might be that the model I'm looking at is a human female. So they've got the weird boob thing going on, where (because there's no texture detail in the chest area) it looks like they've been shrink-wrapped.

And that stance! (Although it looks even more disturbing on the warrior, where the boobs are camouflaged but then you've got that chunky over-pants bikini-bottom being super-unflattering to your hips, and then you're standing like...like...like THAT.)

It might not be that bad on a better character model. Although I still like the druid set best. Without the hat. I'm sounding like a broken record, but WTF IS THAT ON HER HEAD??
90 Tauren Druid
The druid T15 is going to look horrendous on a male tauren, mostly due to the poor scaling of shoulders and helms. I can it working on a troll of either gender, but a male tauren? Nope.

Nope nope nope.
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/20/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Kaels
So they've got the weird boob thing going on, where (because there's no texture detail in the chest area) it looks like they've been shrink-wrapped.

Nobody likes boobs in shrink-wrap.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A lot of people think its really ugly, but im actually looking foward to getting the LFR or heroic pally tier this time round. The yellow is gross but that green is my favorite color and the blue looks pretty good as well. At least on a fem blood elf.
I have to admit that part of my distaste might be that the model I'm looking at is a human female. So they've got the weird boob thing going on, where (because there's no texture detail in the chest area) it looks like they've been shrink-wrapped.

You wound me, Kaels. :(
90 Blood Elf Priest
OK, we're going to play a game called "rate my pain."

I'm about to heal for reals on my priest for the first time since beta, as Holy, on Council, for progression, with 8266 Spirit plus Darkglow.
Edited by Kaels on 3/20/2013 6:49 PM PDT
OK, we're going to play a game called "rate my pain."

I'm about to heal for reals on my priest for the first time since beta, as Holy, on Council, for progression, with 8266 Spirit plus Darkglow.

Haha good luck Kaels =)

Also, we finally got Jin'rokh down! We had our normal raid comp, so I was able to dps, and that definitely helped. We had a bad Implosion and lost three people, but we barely managed to kill him with a healer and 2 dps down.

Now we're wiping on Horridon trash >.>
90 Tauren Priest
10% wipe on Dark Animus. Blech...so close. >_<
90 Draenei Shaman
03/20/2013 02:35 PMPosted by Evry
It's a wittle bell. To scare the mean monsters away. or to alert the tank that i'm now in heal range. !@#$ if i know.

roflroflroflroflrofl

Question: do most of you three heal council (10N)? Or do some of you two heal?

We 3-heal All Raid Content Ever. Like a BAWS.

We 2-healed... uh... let's see... what did we 2-heal...

... uh...

Well, definitely Elegon. We 2-healed Elegon. Eventually, once we massively overgeared it, we also 2-healed H Ultraxion (I was Disc back then and the Disc priest was a resto druid).

RL's concept is that

a) the Disc priest basically rolls his face over the keyboard, and Disc happens to be in a place where that is actually semi-effective (in normal-mode content anyway), so that's great... except you can't count on him to know what to do (or even if we've told him what to do, you can't count on him to *execute* it) when he needs to stop facerolling and play with intelligence.

b) our dps can't be counted on to not stand in fire and/or execute mechanics, so we need the cushion of the 3-heal comp.
Edited by Ellarix on 3/20/2013 7:55 PM PDT
90 Gnome Priest
Council down.

Tortos can suck it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]