Death to the Pugs/25man?

90 Blood Elf Priest
Funny thing is I came from a low pop server that was virtually dead.

How come no one wants to do pugs anymore?

Or hell even the 25man? I miss the good old days when you would have people jump to do a pug. I'd like to Pug a 25man in what ever Pandarian content, preferably TOT but open to the others.
Reply Quote
Because you're in PvP gear, that's why.

Lol j/k

I don't know.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Ya I think my guild is the only 25 man on the realm left, and we don't really pug.

Exodar is unfortunately terrible for pickup groups. My other server (high pop) has them 24/7, but here it's rare. You're lucky you're Horde because it's even worse Ally side.

Edit: Archon-Alliance is the other 25 man guild on Exodar.
Edited by Vishtara on 3/17/2013 11:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Horde has a lot less players (I think), but they raid more than Alliance.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Horde has a lot less players (I think), but they raid more than Alliance.

Last I checked, Alliance had a slight population advantage, but it wasn't large by any means.
Reply Quote
Last I checked, Alliance had a slight population advantage, but it wasn't large by any means.

According to:

http://wow.realmpop.com/us-exodar.html

At level 90, Alliance has 5,753 level 90's (61%), and Horde has 3,671 level 90's (39%).

All 1-90 Alliance has 41,977 (55.8%), and Horde has 29,416 (39.1%).
Edited by Lexdysic on 3/17/2013 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
The gap is larger than it used to be, but truthfully speaking, all things considered, 3:2 isn't that big of an imbalance.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Also, what's with the other 5.1%? Is the number of unfactioned Pandas really 5.1%?
Reply Quote
Also, what's with the other 5.1%? Is the number of unfactioned Pandas really 5.1%?

Could be people who were inactive for a long time.

The gap is larger than it used to be, but truthfully speaking, all things considered, 3:2 isn't that big of an imbalance.

I know it isn't, but I never see Horde, or even Alliance out in the world, unless I'm in Pandaria.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
It's been like that for ages. Kinda why the decided to do CRZ (which, by the way, I support the idea of, but it really could have been executed a bit better).
Reply Quote
It's been like that for ages. Kinda why the decided to do CRZ (which, by the way, I support the idea of, but it really could have been executed a bit better).

Yeah, I really wish I'd see more people from Exodar around, but I only see them doing dailies, or in major cities. :/
Reply Quote
91 Gnome Warrior
There used to be more pugging, but I think the nature of the raids themselves have created a more inclusive environment. I have started to see a few call for pugs in trade, but still not what it was like back in WotLK. And many of those are basically guild runs needing to fill a spot or two. I cannot remember seeing one for a 25 man.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Not to mention he way Mists is now if someone lets say does a raid on their main with their guild....back in Wrath and Cata: oh a pug raid my X alt needs a few runs and he's pretty geared!

That was 100x easier in those (especially late Cata) However this expansion is still kinda young perhaps in Garrosh we'll see some more pugs simply cause people can finally level their alts in the back burner..

I dont raid so I have 2 somewhat LFR geared characters :P
Reply Quote
91 Gnome Warrior
The gear and leveling issue makes sense. By the end of WotLK, i had 3 full geared toons to play on. At the end of Cata, I had 2 (a pally tank and a shaman) and could pull off LFR runs on a few more. Now, with my play time, I have one tank barely geared (fine for LFR and our Cheese raiding) and my others are languishing in retirement.

I blame pet battles...
Edited by Gigglefoot on 3/17/2013 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
pet battles aren't to bame..

blame it on all the dailies !!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Agreed it is to be blamed by the dailies. Aside from this PVP gear I'm in ATM, I'm geared according to Wow-Heroes to do heroic 5.1 stuff. Both Heals and DPS.

I definitely blame the dailies for a good 40% of this, because I mean. You couldn't get geared with out being Revered, you couldn't get Revered with out weeks of dailies.

I blame another 30% of it on the combination of 10/25 man progression. How you can push through the content as 10 or 25 and be locked to the same bosses. I guess they did it in a sense to reduce the time re felt we needed to raid from running both 10 and 25 but it seems more like all its done is killed the 25 variant.

But the rest I blame on the attitude of the players and the endless trolling and yo mama jokes. :/
Edited by Lightkun on 3/17/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Yo momma's a troll!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yo momma's a troll!!!

Yes thank you Moobslice for the superb example
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I don't blame the dailies. It was like this all through Cataclysm as well. The last time I remember any decently regular pug activity is Wrath of the Lich King, though even then there wasn't as much pugging as there was back in Burning Crusade.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The last time I remember any decently regular pug activity is Wrath of the Lich King

You may even be right, Krogdar. The last Pugs I can truly recall were for VOA and ICC. Though I am recalling in Cata the Four Winds and Baradin Hold.

But there is a distinctive notice in the lack of 25mans. I mean Blizzard even added an extra boss to TOT, a Titan, that is only available after you defeat Lei-Shen, or TOT(not sure which to be honest) in 25 Player Mode to try to "revive" this play variant.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]