Death to the Pugs/25man?

90 Worgen Druid
I would love to see 25 mans come back, I never got to experience them and I would love to now. My guild did 25 mans till ICC and then during cata they went 10 man. Now it has taken us till this patch to have a consistent 10 man group and start downing content.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
yeah I know the feels

I would love to see 25 mans come back, I never got to experience them and I would love to now. My guild did 25 mans till ICC and then during cata they went 10 man. Now it has taken us till this patch to have a consistent 10 man group and start downing content.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I USE TO RUN A GBID DURING DS, IT WAS AWFUL!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
LFR killed the radio.
Reply Quote
Disclaimer: This is the poster's opinion, which has a complete value of zero, so you get what you pay for.

The reason why it's gone is a change in attitude towards the game. Originally it was people playing this to play the game, to enjoy the game. Some where about the start of Wrath the game became a fashion statement. Remember that suddenly WoW was in every pop culture reference, it was used for a Toyota Truck commercial for crying out loud. Suddenly the huge in rush went from "players" to "eventers," in other words those playing because they enjoyed the game to those that are involved because it was the "hip" thing to do.

These eventers wanted a faster, easier game. The older players (mostly, there's exceptions to every thing) had no issues with planning out a 40 man raid for a few weeks before getting together and then wiping on the Brothers. The eventers wanted it NOW, thus was lfd born and the downfall began. Blizz however was rolling in the dough from the eventers pumping in gobs of cash and as true capitalists, gave the money what it wanted, cake walk dungeons galore and the 40 mans were no more.

Then something happened, the old forums vanished forever, apparently the fighting had become so fierce between the factions that it was better to eliminate all trace of it and start afresh. So we got Cata, apparently someone realized that the core players were drifting away and brought back the shocking concepts of crowd control and mana management. (Remember the early forum raging over how hard they were?)

The battle still rages, but the dungeons got shorter, lfr was introduced and the efforts to gather big groups became null. Why put in the effort to gather 25 decent players when you can get the EXACT SAME GEAR APPEARANCE by just fail running lfr over and over again. I'm guilty of it, it's the path of least resistance and honestly it's too much work for something I do to relax.
Edited by Blackangus on 4/30/2013 8:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]