Anyone tried Cenarion Ward since the patch?

100 Night Elf Druid
See title. They buffed it by something like 100%, right? So is it worth having now? If you have tried it, how have you been using it, and how well did that work?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Cenarion Ward is amazing!!

At the low in its 3 ticks of 30k every 2sec. At 30sec cd thats 180k low end healing every minute..

Now this can crit, so get lucky and get all crits, 60k every 2sec, 360k healing every min.

This also scales with procs and cds! With Heart of the wild up i got it to tick 3 ticks of 110k! 330k healing in 6secs!

This can be casted while SILENCED!! That is huge..

It doesnt activate until hit, so you can keep it up on CD. Rogue opens on you, warr charges, mage deeps. Your going to have this go off and start healing, with a new one soon to come. This on top of rejuvs i am in love with it as a boomkin...
Edited by Dingkinghobo on 3/17/2013 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If you know how to use it, Cenarion Ward is a very powerful self heal. Because it activates on damage, you need to use it either when you know you will be taking a lot of damage or if you're starting to approach about half. If you try and use it in an "OH SH*T" moment, it won't do you any good. But if you pop it with, say, a spell power trinket or you're running DoC/HotW, the healing buff added to CW is very, VERY powerful (I'm talking near 100k to 100k+ ticks).
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I've been running it consistently and to be honest I think it comes in handy more often than NS at least in 10s. The great thing is a tank is always taking constant damage and you can place it prior to the start of any boss fight since it's triggered off of damage.

Take a look at Horridon here @

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xbhvo0gk1jbo15at/details/161/?s=5733&e=6311

Notice the OH is less than ALL my spells on this fight.

Council

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xbhvo0gk1jbo15at/details/161/?s=7351&e=7683

Still only 50% OH

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xbhvo0gk1jbo15at/details/161/?s=8435&e=8816

Tortos

44% OH

Not so good on Durumu

Awesome on primordious @ 20% OH and 4.5% total healing! NS can beat that? Don't think so.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ezmz7jmr390hd63f/details/0/?s=8371&e=8817

If you think about how you use NS consider a few facts

1: People often 'sit' on NS not taking advantage of the 1m CD and waiting for a 'oh sh@t moment'.
2: OH is not a concern with rolling rejuv and is a lousy argument to not use CW.
3: Total healing is certainly superior to NS for a majority of people.
4: Can be placed on a tank prior to the pull without aggro.
5: Is 'triggered' by damage unlike RJ.
6: Is itself a 'mini' CD.
7: Can be worked into rotation with minimal effort.

I can think of more reasons but I really suggest people give it a whirl.
Reply Quote
91 Troll Druid
I was using it as Resto for this last week's LFR runs, it was a nice tool, LB/Rejuv rolling on one tank, Rejuv/CW on the other or if I didn't have a OOC proc it's a nice tool for triaging while I finish healing up someone else.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
If you know how to time it with incoming damage/current HoTs on your target (or yourself) it currently can yield the best HPS/tier talent, other than fight specific talents (I.E. NS beats everything for Tsulong for a Resto, or Renewal for a major self heal for a Scholo type encounter where you're by yourself)

Personally, it's my default choice for Guardian and Resto. I love it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hmmm, I wonder how nice it would be for RBGs. Having a powerful tool to help a target they switch to, on a low cooldown, would be useful.

Right now in I usually use NS > Healing touch, to try to quickly keep someone alive. It usually gives about 120K (without pvp power and without battle fatigue or MS). So a 240K crit (but my crit rate is maybe 8%).

Cenarion Ward looks like it will heal for about the same, 120K, but on a 30 second cooldown. Hmmmm.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
ns clone is too powerful in pvp though....pve it's probably worth it however
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
ns clone is too powerful in pvp though....pve it's probably worth it however

I was running it as boom for a couple RBGs and in terms of healing it far trumps NS, but as you mentioned NS clone is too good.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
If you think about how you use NS consider a few facts

As a bear I'm actually currently Renewal specced because NS can be a hassle to use, and it's nice to have an "oh $*#%" button when all the healers are busy moving out of fire or whatever. Plus, it scales with maximum health, so it seems good for a spec that not only has a maximum health boost built in, but also sometimes has stam trinkets and consumables.

Glad to see that some people are liking C-Ward, though. Maybe I'll try it in some 5.0 LFRs and see how that works out before I take it to ToT.

It is a little odd that they let NS work on utility spells while the other two are pure survival, though.
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Mage
Not gonna lie, if I didn't need NS for the brez while tankin (not always needed, but its helpful when it is) I would have stuck with Cenarion Ward.

Its funny because I actually liked it and thought it was perfectly acceptable before. Now I just keep starin at it goin, why must people die and need rezzin! /Cry
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
MVP
I went with it for rbgs. I was getting 70k crit ticks. We have a boomy so i feel that ns clone is/can be covered by him. Also i love soul of the forest for resto. It makes you a fantastic offensive healer. I will say it was rough dropping ns because of the versatility it does offer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]