Nerf DK Conversion

90 Human Warlock

No Mr. cowardly lvl 44 alt, didn't even touch this Dk till a week ago and I'm quite new to it as previously stated. If however, you're narrow minded enough to believe this is my only character, well, that's on you.

Regardless of the fact that it was even in your quote, I guess I need to reiterate myself because your reading comprehension is rivaled by my 2 year old nephew.. It wasn't a post of comparisons, it was a post to bring light on the fact that the OP literally hadn't PvP'd on his Dk even in a BG since the patch hit and has even less PvP experience on his DK than I do so who the hell is he to think he's a credible source. It's all pretty simple, you just need to, you know, be able to read.

It shows all of your achievements account wide. If you go to my priests profile you will see that I have arena achievements. On yours it does not show anything. I'm not hiding on anything. Sounds like you're just mad.

You halfwit, You...You really can't read can you? You poor thing. I never said anything about my pvp experience. Ever. I simply said OP isn't qualified to talk about it any more than I am. Why is that difficult for you and only you to understand?

Look, do you have skype? I'd be more than happy to tutor you for a small fee. I have the time.
Edited by Jinxr on 3/10/2013 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Please nerf this talent before the arena season starts please.
My suggest is to have a CD and a uptime on it on it like Warriors enrage regen.

either that or nerf Blood pres for Frost and unholy DKs because that is what presence they're only using for PvP. kinda like the whole Warrior def stance BS.

these 2 things combine = godmode DK, idk how this went live.

No. Now shut up.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
03/10/2013 12:08 AMPosted by Harland
Conversion + Blood Presence is akin to a warrior in defensive stance at 35% health with second wind.

And this is why he is asking for it to be nerfed, warriors were nerfed because it was stupid an OP.

First off

Dstance > blood press last patch for sure

Also the amount of mobility and cc warriors had was a huge problem. It made them very hard to kill with 2nd wind and dstance.

Also in group pvp this not only completely kills the dks dps if he's sitting in blood press when its up, but its pretty easy to burst through and does very little to save the dk.

Not to mention you have to chose it over death pact. So you lose a 'oh crap' button.

Over all I really would be shocked if you saw a lot of dks taking this in arenas.
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest

It shows all of your achievements account wide. If you go to my priests profile you will see that I have arena achievements. On yours it does not show anything. I'm not hiding on anything. Sounds like you're just mad.

You halfwit, You...You really can't read can you? You poor thing. I never said anything about my pvp experience. Ever. I simply said OP isn't qualified to talk about it any more than I am. Why is that difficult for you and only you to understand?

Look, do you have skype? I'd be more than happy to tutor you for a small fee. I have the time.

still shows that you have zero arena games. I think it is you who are bad. If you had the time you'd get step into the arena but you can't.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman

still shows that you have zero arena games. I think it is you who are bad. If you had the time you'd get step into the arena but you can't.

I wasn't aware that you need experience to point out that someone else doesn't have experience.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
The issue has very little to with Conversion and the fact Unholy loses practically nothing when in Blood Presence.

Frost DKs lose a ton of damage thanks to the loss of RP of which they are highly reliant along with the high cost of FS outside of Frost Presence.

If you want to deal with the problem, you need to address the flaw of Unholy having no realistic penalty for leaving Unholy Presence. Punishing Conversion will not solve the issue.
Edited by Vandaro on 3/10/2013 10:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Great........a pvp concern screwing over pve tanking blood survivability.

Don't worry about it, only the bad dk tanks take conversion.

Resource cost that could be spent on extra runes+HoT for a burst intake class? nty

Death Pact will always be the go to choice for any dk tank worth his salt.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Death Pact will always be the go to choice for any dk tank worth his salt.

Not actually true, but okay.

Conversion beats Death Strike on magic-heavy fights, and increases in value as your stamina goes up. Not just because the heal gets larger, but because larger health pools mean that you spend less time at "full" or "dead." With more middle ground, Conversion ends up being quite useful.

If you want to deal with the problem, you need to address the flaw of Unholy having no realistic penalty for leaving Unholy Presence. Punishing Conversion will not solve the issue.

20% rune speed and 15% attack speed isn't a penalty?

I mean, you can argue that it needs to be larger, but there's definitely a loss.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I mean, you can argue that it needs to be larger, but there's definitely a loss.

That would be also argueing that unholy pres. needs a buff.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Yes because DK survivability is already SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO high right?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight

Barely noticeable in PvP, especially when you compare it to what Frost lose when they try to go to BP.

Personally I do not see it as that big of an issue personally as even with it our survivability is far from amazing. I am just trying to educate non-DKs as to what is the root of the problem.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Better idea: Buff Death Siphon so no one ever takes conversion.

What, I can dream, can't I? At the moment, I'm noticing Conversion is superior for staying alive, even as a dual-wielder. The damage penalty is really hurting, though.

It's fairly minor, yeah.

The biggest issue are the "discounts" DKs got to Frost Strike and Death Coil. Runic Power generation went down with MoP. So did the total amount of Runic Power we can store (100 is now the max). Frost strike cost for Frost and Death Coil cost for Unholy went down, too. But Unholy's discount is a passive part of the class, while the Frost Strike discount only works in Frost Presence.
Reply Quote
If they're worried that Unholy isn't paying a big enough penalty, they could always make Unholy Presence reduce Death Coil's runic power cost by 8... but I'm pretty sure they want to keep Frost Presence as an option for Unholy in PvP. The 20% CC reduction is actually pretty useful sometimes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Great........a pvp concern screwing over pve tanking blood survivability.

So vote for the Arena server to stay live all year long instead of seasonal?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I second the statement of the dude talking about you posting on an alt and QQing about getting rolled by a DK.

Yes, they're strong. Yes, they can survive. That's a good thing. What you really want is a damage nerf. Be honest, now.

They definitely DON'T need a damage nerf. I PvP'ed last season, and if you were a good PvPer, you could take a DK out no problem. Learn to use your defensives, and you can live through any Frost/Unholy DK burst. I hit my target's like trucks, and had 2 minute+ stand-offs with other good players. No class needs a nerf on this or that. It all depends on how YOU play YOUR class. Quit QQing and just do better. =). Thanks little guy!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
mmmmm, distance? this is why I love howling blast ;D
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
it is terrible for frost, do almost no damage spamming COI prolonging the fight helping nothing

as UH at least you still have the ghoul dps
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/10/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Cørnbread
hey don't have deathpact

This is very important.

If you see a DK with conversion, just pop all of your cooldowns at once and burst him through it. He's totally !@#$ed and has no burst healing outside of Lichborne (which still requires a %^-*ton of RP and isn't that much). Popping everything you should easily be able to do more than 3% hp per second, and he has no shieldwall or DBTS to save himself like warriors do.

If you see a DK with death pact just apply steady damage until he's forced to pop it and then murder him because he's used his only healing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Conversion needs to be nerfed, or dks will become the only FC in rbgs. It is overpowered as hell making lesser teams amazing on wsg, tp.
Reply Quote
Conversion needs to be nerfed, or dks will become the only FC in rbgs. It is overpowered as hell making lesser teams amazing on wsg, tp.

If you can't burst a FC through conversion... you are absolutely terrible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]