Farms for Alts

100 Draenei Paladin
So I thought Blizz was supposed to make the farm available to our alts to "buy"? Guess not. Instead, it's gifted to us by Farmer Yoon only as long as the farm plots are completely unlocked and we're exalted with the Tillers. And only the character that unlocks the farms gets the work orders.

Blizzard, what happened to making things easier on our alts? I could really use those work orders on them to help get their rep up that way I can buy valor gear and get the correct item lvl to run LFR. I appreciate the increased LFR drops, but... I don't need work orders on a character that's fully exalted with everything already!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
So I thought Blizz was supposed to make the farm available to our alts to "buy"? Guess not. Instead, it's gifted to us by Farmer Yoon only as long as the farm plots are completely unlocked and we're exalted with the Tillers. And only the character that unlocks the farms gets the work orders.

Blizzard, what happened to making things easier on our alts? I could really use those work orders on them to help get their rep up that way I can buy valor gear and get the correct item lvl to run LFR. I appreciate the increased LFR drops, but... I don't need work orders on a character that's fully exalted with everything already!

If you bought the commendation(it will show on the reputation tab of your character sheet) it won't take too long for the alts to get there.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Yes but my point it... I already did all the rep grinding. I don't want to do it again just to freaking plant seeds in the ground.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
The commendation cuts the time in half literally. The only thing that would be faster IMO would be just handing out exalted reps on creating a level 1 character.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
This is my alt and i am exalted with tillers yet i still cant get work orders because my main unlocked the farm. Why would you do this? All this does is make it easier for all the slackers that never put the time in the first place. i thought this would benefit our alts not the slackers who didnt put in the time.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
This is my alt and i am exalted with tillers yet i still cant get work orders because my main unlocked the farm. Why would you do this? All this does is make it easier for all the slackers that never put the time in the first place. i thought this would benefit our alts not the slackers who didnt put in the time.

Do you have all 16 plots unlocked? Have you talked to Nana Mudclaw? I have seen no indication that this is account wide anywhere.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

You're missing something. I have the farm on two characters ...

Though I haven't actually planted anything in nearly a month. I'm a bad Tiller.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Yes but my point it... I already did all the rep grinding. I don't want to do it again just to freaking plant seeds in the ground.
Please pay attention to what I'm going to say:

IT'S FIVE DAYS!

My latest turned 90 on a Sunday and had Exalted with Tillers by Thursday of the same week.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I'm with the people saying "this isn't a big deal"

If you're the type of person who loves the farm and spends time farming on alts, the mere act of harvesting crops gives you lots of rep. Spend a week doing the daily quests too, and you'll reach exalted quickly.

If you hate logging in for daily tasks, why are you playing the farm game?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
Just to clarify, to get work orders you need to have unlocked that particular reps dailies. It also seems that Cloud Serpent is excluded.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
03/11/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Doroteasenjk
IT'S FIVE DAYS!

I don't think this can be overstated. It's five freaking days. Chill out, grab a beer and do the quickest, easiest rep grind in the game. It won't kill you, I promise.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
The quickest was Cloud Serpent for an alt who did the dailies Once and found 7 eggs. Well, she only needed Revered for the JC recipes but one day is one day. =)

Tillers is super quick too and only hindered by the rock bashing cow-dino who won't stop. That took like a zone change, relog, then give up and sleep til tomorrow.

Super ridiculously fast compared to what your main went through to pave the way.
Reply Quote
7 Gnome Rogue
The problem is in order to get a work order from a faction you need to open the daily quest hub for said faction which honestly seems stupid if you going to open them may as well just do them.

My understanding orders were meant to avoid doing rep daily's ?

Peolpe saying 5 days which does not seem like much but if you have 5 90's or more your not taking into account VP cap / raiding on each one an also the time it takes to do said daily's on 5+ 90's.

MOP is truly the worse expansion as far as alts go. You do not have enough time less you chose to not sleep.
Edited by Strwberry on 3/14/2013 5:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
If you have 5 raiding alts, then you don't need to do any dailies - just raid for gear.

If you have profession alts, you only need to do whatever faction unlocks those recipes. For those purposes, you raise Cloud Lotus to revered and open the other factions. Not sure if you need to start the dailies for CL cuz both my 90-alts did already.

One did Dread Waste quests to Revered so she sees Klaxxi work orders also. The other didn't so was only CL til AC and Shado Pan opened. It's been one week and rep is zooming upwards.

Guess they need to at least startup the Dominance ones - which neither did.

It's not a daily quest grind on all your alts but you gotta do Something to get them going. It would also go a whole lot faster if you did both farm and regular dailies. It's a bonus thing along with the commendations, just not a free government welfare cheese giveaway program.

It's an excellent patch for alts if you work it.
Edited by Vixie on 3/14/2013 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
The problem is in order to get a work order from a faction you need to open the daily quest hub for said faction which honestly seems stupid if you going to open them may as well just do them. My understanding orders were meant to avoid doing rep daily's? Peolpe saying 5 days which does not seem like much but if you have 5 90's or more your not taking into account VP cap / raiding on each one an also the time it takes to do said daily's on 5+ 90's. MOP is truly the worse expansion as far as alts go. You do not have enough time less you chose to not sleep.

I have 4 90's, all of which are 470+ and I'm hoping to get my monk up soon, but that probably won't happen. I want to raid currently but my server is dying so I really only raid on one toon per week, excluding LFR. If you want to treat this like a job and not enjoy life/sunshine/work/family/etc then yeah doing the farm for five 90's is fine. But I hate grinding. I wouldn't even be exalted with anything on my main if it weren't for my bf.

If you have profession alts, you only need to do whatever faction unlocks those recipes. For those purposes, you raise Cloud Lotus to revered and open the other factions. Not sure if you need to start the dailies for CL cuz both my 90-alts did already.

I have a BS, Tailor, Enchanter, Alchemist, and soon to be LW (monk)... that's 4 90's, 5 when my monk gets up. Also, I think you mean "Golden Lotus." You say to only focus on those that have professions? Alright, let me ignore my bf, tell work I can't come in, and grind dailies again. It took 2-3 hours with one toon to do every single daily (pre-5.2) with a 2nd player helping. I don't feel like doing dailies from 7pm when I get home from work until 12am-1am and then getting up the next morning at 7am for work.

Like Strwberry said: MoP is NOT alt friendly when it comes to doing anything/unlocking stuff. I hafta work my !@# off just to get them geared b/c I can't afford prices in the AH and I don't have the recipes or mats (like enchanting) because only one of my characters raid each week.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]