Is Hydraxis a good alliance realm?

94 Blood Elf Mage
Okay so for awhile now I've been looking for a nice ally realm to play on (for my alts), and I have a few questions about Hydraxis.

In case you were wondering the reason I like Hydraxis is because it was the first realm I ever played on, so it has sentimental value <3

1. How are queue times? Both leveling and at max. On average, for DPS.

2. Really one of the only things I like to do beside dungeons is run old content,
mainly BC stuff, how hard is it to find groups for old content runs?

3. How is the economey? I don't use any auction addons, so will I still be able to make gold?

4. Is the Horde and Alliance split fairly evenly? Or is it one sided? If so which side does it favor.

5. Is the playerbase friendly? I don't mind the ocasional troll, but having some genuinly nice people to play with is great.

Thank you for your help! And if you can think of a different realm that better meets these qualifications, don't hesitate to mention them!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
1. Hm.. Leveling wise I don't think it's too bad, I'm not sure at maxed since I've only been queing as heals so far.

2. I think that one depends on your guild, but for the record I don't see as many people posting in trade about it.

3. The economy isn't the best, but you might be able to. I havn't really checked it in awhile though.

4. Ehhhh.. I can't really find an up to date census for us.. We're not as big of a realm as we used to be.

5. I will warn that there are a lot of trolls in trade chat. But there are a few nice guilds out there!

I'm sorry I'm not much help. :( But if you do decide to stay, welcome to Hydraxis! /hug
Reply Quote
98 Orc Death Knight
Hydraxis is going downhill at a steep pace. There are much better realms out there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
What Jag said - This server isn't going downhill, it is already at the bottom of the hill in my view.
The lot of what I considered family here is gone and slowly dissapearing from my friends list, and almost no activity going on in trade other then the usual Sha group and basic stuff.

I would say for community, check out Moon Gaurd - Darkspear - Illidian - Blackrock
Those servers ought to have some stuff for you. Hopefully you will have better luck then myself!
Edited by Jimmerustles on 3/12/2013 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
While Hydraxis isn't thriving its still a good server. Still plenty of friendly ally guilds/players here. I think the economy is fair and stable and you'll still be able to make gold. I say just re-roll a new toon and check to see if our server might fit you. Should our server not fit your needs, I would recommend Hellscream to answer your questions is heavily alliance favored, good economy, friendly guilds/players and there's usually someone pugging something.
Edited by Skooma on 3/14/2013 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
1 - queues are queues....

2 - for old content go to openraid.us, best way to do any old stuff

3 - depends on how well you ah, hydraxis people tend to be pretty dumb about it with undercutting and whatnot.

4 - its mid to low pop and its pretty alliance favored, something like 2 or 3 alliance per horde.

5 - like any other server there is a few douchebags and trolls... its not unbearably bad imo
Edited by Orcgasmic on 3/15/2013 1:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
16 Worgen Druid
Don't do it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Hydraxis is a lower end mid-pop server. Alliance out numbers Horde 2:1. The queue times are the same as they would be with any other server on Emberstorm at least.

Running old content in mass-groups doesn't happen much anymore since it get almost all be solo'd. If you're looking for the newer-old stuff (Cata, Heroic ICC, etc) just like that jerk two posts up mentioned, try openraid.us (no matter what server you're on).

The economy is pretty mediocre. You are not going to have the same turn around on your gold as you would on a high population server. It just doesn't work like that. There is money to be made, but it's not going to flow freely.

The player base really depends on who you're playing with. I'm sure there are some nice Alliance guilds, but since I bleed blood and thunder, I would have no idea. Try sitting in trade chat for an hour or so throughout the week, see if you can get a feel for it.

I know you mentioned alts, but you also said at maxed, so maybe this would be relevant to you, our raiding "progression" is, as with most everything else, fairly mediocre. Find a nice guild. The pugs around here hurt.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
If you want a good alliance realm, I recommend Lightbringer. I have several alts there and you can easily pug current content (I was pugging heroic DS content there when only 2-3 guilds on Hydraxis had a heroic boss down) and there are often transmog runs for old content. It's a fairly high pop server (but no queues) that is like 90% alliance so you never have to worry about horde stealing things like Sha or Galleon.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
1. Leveling about 10 minutes for dungeons around 18 at 90. Anywhere between 30 and 1hr for kfrs. I find I normally play around 12am server and its also 45 minute lfrs or better.

2. You can run most stuff solo every Friday I see a GRP looking for Firelands.

3. Its alright but a lot of times the prof leveling stuff isn't on Ah.

4. Not sure

5. I haven't had a problem with any players. Mostly nice people. However the server is just dead. Blizzard should just merge servers. The but you may not have your name thing is so overblown
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I think the OP has been effectively scared off, by now. GG.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Mage
Thank you all for your feedback! I really apreciate it. I think I'm going to look at some other realms but I'll probably choose Hydraxsis.

Ty! <3
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Or not.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
You have chosen ...wisely.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Mage
Ok, so just a bit of an update, still not sure about hydraxsis, and the main problem with other suggested realms is that they are PVP and I honestly don't like PVP, its just not my thing. I'm still checking out the others, and I wanted to thank you all again for the support you've given!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
you will never find a more wretched hive of villiany and scum.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Its a decent alliance realm but I'd honestly suggest somewhere else. The one major problem with Hydraxis is guild turn over. If you are in a "progression" raiding guild then chances are that guild won't last more then one expansion. The problem a lot of guilds seem to face is recruiting new "good" players. So they either quit playing, transfer, or just get stuck with pugs or bad players.

This also seems to contribute to a reduction in pug groups and other things. I've seen about 5 Oondasta groups fall apart because of poor players on the alliance side. MoP has really separated the wheat from the chaff so to speak and it appears like there is a lot of chaff on hydraxis.

There are a few old content pugs but not nearly enough and I've noticed a lot of the time the people aren't the best in the groups. Which is fine because it is old content but they also shouldn't be that bad at it. With Battle Tag and Real ID you should be use the Open Raid website for this type of stuff anyways.

Economy is fine. Its not a high population server so some things will be more expensive or won't sell as well. I think the population favors alliance a little but it is a pretty even split with Horde seeming to be a little more organized or a little more high-end raiding.

I'd honestly pick a different server though if you have one. Nothing really wrong with Hydraxis but I wish there were more people and more high-end raiders. It seems like sometimes it is hard to get a group for Ilse of Thunder group quests (and horde unlocked theirs faster by like a day).
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Hunter
I would have to disagree in some cases. Hydraxis isn't the highest population realm but I have been in this guild and use to another guild forgot the name and they are both great guilds. All around just in general, raids, scenerios, and pvp-arenas if you wish.

The other subject on this matter is alliance yes would be the way to go because more people are on alliance and I've heard there a more actual good guilds on alliance.

There are plenty of trolls but its not terrible I've only encountered around 4-8 little trollz.

The pvp queues are around 2-15 min depending times. Dungeon queues are around 5-30 min.
Arena queues are really short just general well most of the time. Raids not sure but im pretty sure 35 min at the most depending times.

Community is very helpful and kind most of the time.

Auction house is an off and on matter but there is always rares and stuff you need in the auction house most of the time.

Finally I talked about population up there but don't worry about population because 5.4 they are merging a lot of realms including hydraxis so bigger and more guilds, even better supplies in auction house, and queues are same because queues are already a cross realm.
Plus better trade and trading.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I am biased in favor of hydraxis simply because it is my first server and I've always been here.

Other than that it's a fairly weak server and others are much better. Your feelings for playing here because it was your first would be the only real strong point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]