Shadow Pan Assault Reputation Question

90 Troll Hunter
I killed the first 3 bosses in Throne of Thunder today in LFR, for which I got 330 reputation with Shadow Pan Assault for each boss, making 990 reputation in all.

I was 847 into friendly before LFR, and after that I was 1837 into friendly, which means 990 reputation gained, 330 for each boss.

Later the same night I killed the same 3 bosses in Normal mode. However, I did not get any reputation for killing them.

Do you only get reputation for a boss kill once per week, whether you kill him in LFR, Normal or Heroic?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
This I'm actually curious about myself. If that is the case, I think they're doing that to help the casual player base a bit more. If not, they're probably wanting the rep to be more challenging.

Maybe a bug?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
You only get rep once for each boss regardless of what difficulty you do it on. They did this so raiders don't feel forced into LFR just to get rep.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Mage
What happened to the "kill one boss, get to Friendly" that was claimed earlier? I killed one boss, got to 1/3 Neutral. Did this get nerfed, or was that original claim just an exaggeration?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
What happened to the "kill one boss, get to Friendly" that was claimed earlier? I killed one boss, got to 1/3 Neutral. Did this get nerfed, or was that original claim just an exaggeration?

You have to have maxed out your rep on ToT trash for this to apply.

The trash gives you rep up to 2999/3000 neutral, then killing the first boss will put you into friendly.

Also you could trash run to 2999/3000 then do "Setting the Trap" or "Champions of the Thunder King" or the lead up quest to those where you get the three stones.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest

To bump you from Neutral to Friendly, you need to get the rep from a boss kill or a quest that gives rep. (Some say insignia rep works, too, but I haven't seen one.)

This means, if you are 2671/3000 Neutral, a boss kill of 330 rep will take you to Friendly. But if you are 2669/3000, a boss kill of 330 rep will only get you to 2999/3000, which needs a nother boss kill or quest reward to go to Friendly.
Edited by Jesminia on 3/13/2013 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
http://www.wowpedia.org/Shado-Pan_Assault

Reputation Shado-Pan_Assault

Standing with the faction is primarily gained by killing mobs in the Throne of Thunder raid instance. Bosses will only award reputation once each week, so even if a player kills a boss in Raid Finder mode, and then turns around and kills it in normal or heroic mode, it will only award reputation the first time.

Trash mobs only award reputation up to 2,999/3,000 neutral, but can be farmed by killing all of the trash before Jin'rokh the Breaker, then have all members of the raid exit the instance via the instance line and let the raid leader reset the instance. Starting from 0/3,000, four or five runs will cap reputation gained in this manner.

Outside of the raid, there are several one-time quests that award a little reputation. Additionally, the once-weekly quest Champions of the Thunder King will award 300 reputation, and there are [Shado-Pan Assault Insignia] worth 100 reputation possibly found inside the [Arcane Trove] and [Sunreaver Bounty] goody bags awarded for completing boss-killing daily quests on the Isle of Thunder. Insignia may also possibly be found inside the Lei Shen's Burial Troves at the end of the Troves of the Thunder King single-player loot-grabbing scenario.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm having the same problem with the same as everyone else, not getting the rep. for doing quests.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]