Tyrande needs to divorce Malfurion.

90 Night Elf Druid
Just to post an extension off of Ferlion's post, you shouldn't cling to a dream company anyway - not in this economy. If you're serious about getting a job, rework your resume to look less like an obituary (tell your employer what you did, not what you were), learn how to write good cover letters, and don't stop mailing out applications.

The press is out saying that we've never had it so good, but they're not looking at the reasons. Just like 2009, companies are trimming costs out of their income statement. The game right now is to get ridiculously lean while maintaining the same level of revenue, and a strong cash reserve just in case. It just hasn't been good for hiring (especially given that you're talking about a U.S. company, which has extra costs to having full time workers around).

As for the "how dare you not like Illidan" post.

- Actually yes, they outright say in the mission that the bodies were mutilated. Illidan slaughtered three entire villages on his way up the coast.

- Illidan only turned on Kil'jaeden in failure. Other than that, he was perfectly willing to go all the way with his attempts to carry out Kil'jaeden's bidding.

- You can bemoan conservative values all you want, but the Night Elves spurn the Arcane and the Fel because both corrupt the user, and both have negative effects on the world. Look no further than felwood if you need further evidence. I know that for some people a prejudice alarm goes off which causes people to fly into moral outrage as they level towering polemics against the alleged prejudiced individual, but here, as it so often is, there are existing facts which go far beyond "you hate him 'cause he's different!"

- Calling Maiev clingy in reference to Illidan I think is your problem. You've let your own extrapolation get in the way of what happened. Yes, she made decisions which she felt were for the greater good - not a lot unlike what Tyrande did in the Barrow dens - but the situation was such that it was either a matter of rescuing Tyrande or stopping Illidan. Given Malfurion's urgency when he learned of what Illidan was doing, I'd say the latter was more important.

Which, again, given that Illidan had massacred three fishing villages, drowned half of the watchers, and was planning to cause a second sundering, was actually true. He might have been an anti-hero once, but this is kick-the-dog stuff already, and Maiev was absolutely justified in trying to put a stop to that.

You can call it a "how dare you not like Illidan" post, but I'm not shocked about you disliking Illidan. Illidan is one of the most controversial characters in the game due to his complexity and I've come across just as many "haters" as "fanboys". The reason I'm shocked is that you hate Illidan, but admire Maiev.

-Do you honestly think that was Illidan and not the pillaging of his Naga? I won't deny he sacked the villages but the Naga are obviously not entirely controlled by Illidan by note of the threats to slaughter the entire "pathetic" night elf race made by particular Naga. It even makes mention of this particular scene you bring up in the dialogue and Maiev herself recognizes that it was not Illidan who mutilated them.

"Archer: The bodies have been mutilated, do you suppose demons did this?
Maiev Shadowsong: Illidan's stench hangs heavily over this place, but those tracks were not made by any demons I know of. Be wary, my sisters, there's no telling what horrors Illidan has called to his side."

-Illidan only joined with Kil'jaeden in failure as well. I don't think you're understanding how it might be possible to work with someone without being their ally or sharing their values.

-You're right, I won't deny that this is the rule and previously I noted that Furion isn't entirely unreasonable for his behavior, but the thing is that Illidan has time and time proven to be the exception to the rule. It really is prejudice in this specific case because Illidan has proven himself to be above the corruption and probably the single most powerful asset the Night Elves have against the Burning Legion.

-You're right, calling her clingy is an extrapolation, but that doesn't make the rest of what I said any less true. She did think she was acting in the greater good, but that doesn't change the fact that she was motivated entirely by hatred and vengeance. Perhaps she lied to herself and knew all along, but she most likely was just madly convinced that what she was doing was the right thing. Honestly, the biggest problem with Maeiv is that she is literally the poster child of a one dimensional black-and-white morality that has determined Illidan to be evil and so his imprisonment/death she prioritizes over anything else.

-Once more, the destruction and massacre of the night elf villages wasn't an end but militarily pragmatic. That doesn't justify it or make it any less wrong, but it doesn't paint the situation as cold pointless murder as you seem to be inclined to do. Further, this may be pure speculation, but in light of the Naga mutilating the villages on their own, it may very well be possible that Illidan never intended for them to slaughter anyone anyways but the rear guard of Naga acted of their own accord as was the case with the mutilations. It's impossible to know because there is no further mention of this throughout the campaign.

-He drowned the watchers because they were fighting him. Since when does it become a crime to fight your enemy in war? Maiev knew the risks of pursuing Illidan and in her vengeful hatred was willing to sacrifice as many lives as it took to imprison or kill him.

-It is explicitly revealed that the spell itself was not going to cause another sundering, but it was merely going to melt away the polar icecaps surrounding the Icecrown Glacier - at worst it would have causes some flooding*. It was the means to end the Lich King, a truly malevolent force, and receive even more power as a reward from Kil'Jaeden. Illidan was allied to Kil'Jaeden out of convenience and self-preservation, not out of any sense of loyalty to his greatest enemy aside from Sargeras himself.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rytr7x_0KA

None of this is kick-the-dog stuff and you're failing to see any sort of complexity in these situations. If you honestly think Illidan did any of these things out of malevolence, I question whether or not you played the campaign at all or at least whether or not you payed any attention to the story.

In regards to why I am shocked about your admiration of Maiev but hatred of Illidan, it is because the characters are literally so similar to one another in that they are both willing to make great sacrifices and use questionable methods for what they believe to be a higher ends, regardless of whether anyone else thinks it right or not. The difference between these two characters is what their end goals are and what motivates their radical behaviors. Maiev acts out of vengeance and hatred for Illidan and tells herself it is the right thing to do, even after Illidan betrays Kil'Jaeden and the Burning Legion (ONCE AGAIN) to rescue Tyrande - further proof that his alliance with them is only ever of convenience and that his deepest loyalties lie with Tyrande and to a lesser extent his people. My deepest criticism of Maiev's personality and where she differs the most from Illidan is that she literally does see morality as black and white. She has an incredibly simplistic universalist understanding of morality whereby she either judges someone to be either bad or good and that is that. You say you want me to appreciate the complexities of Maiev doing what she had to do when she as a character literally can't do that herself with Tyrande-

Malfurion Stormrage: I'm glad we reached you in time, Maiev.
Maiev Shadowsong: Priestess Tyrande, I'm surprised you came in person. Are you here to absolve your guilty conscience?
Tyrande Whisperwind: I did what I had to do, Maiev. You are in no position to judge me.
Maiev Shadowsong: What you did was murder my Watchers and set the Betrayer free! It is you who should be locked in a cage.

Illidan acts out of a sense that he must prove himself worthy and powerful to Tyrande and his people. These are the ending dialogue's for TFT-

Tyrande Whisperwind: "Illidan! What trickery is this? Have you come to finish me off personally?"
Illidan Stormrage: "No, Tyrande. You must believe me. I've come to save you!"
Tyrande Whisperwind: "Save me?"
Malfurion Stormrage: "Where could they be? He should have brought her back by now!"
Illidan Stormrage: "Hurry! This is our last chance!"
Tyrande Whisperwind: "You... risked your life for me. I don't understand."
Illidan Stormrage: "Whatever I may be--whatever I may become in this world--know that I will always look out for you, Tyrande."
Malfurion Stormrage: "Tyrande!"
Tyrande Whisperwind: "I knew you would not forsake me!"
Malfurion Stormrage: "I thought I'd lost you forever, my love. If not for Illidan's aid, I may well have."
Illidan Stormrage: "We have had much strife between us, my brother. I have known only ages of hate for you. But, for my part, I wish it to end. From this day forward, let there be peace between us."

Malfurion Stormrage - You have brought much suffering to the world, Illidan. For that, you can never be forgiven. However, you saved the life of my love. For that I will let you go. But, should you ever threaten my people again...
Illidan Stormrage - I understand, brother. Lordship over this world was never my aim... only power... only the magic. I've lingered here too long. I must go. By aiding you, I have betrayed my new master. If I am not careful, his wrath will be my end.
Illidan Stormrage - Farewell, brother... Tyrande. I doubt our paths will cross again. En'shu falah-nah.
Maiev Shadowsong - Fools! Have you no sense of justice?
Tyrande Whisperwind - Maiev, Illidan has atoned for his crimes! He is no longer a threat to...
Malfurion Stormrage - It's no use, Tyrande. She has become vengeance itself, bound forever to the hunt. I only pray that in her zeal, she doesn't cause even more havoc than Illidan.
Tyrande Whisperwind - Now, let's go home, beloved. We've earned our rest.

Of course after his efforts in the human campaign to reclaim the Draenor from the Burning Legion, he decides to ally with Kil'Jaeden once more (mostly out of self-preservation, but partly out of convenience as well) to stop Arthas and the Lich King, but this time he sees to it personally and appears to be upholding his promise to avoid sacrificing innocents in his struggle with the Lich King/Burning Legion, and yet Maiev's hatred and vengeance still burns on such that she continues to fight someone who has never made a target out of anyone but the Burning Legion or the Lich King.
Edited by Moltke on 3/20/2013 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
Malfurion isn't the issue. The problem is Malfurion was built up as a Night Elf hero but is actually an indifferent neutral dbag who doesn't give a goat's rear about his own people's well being. And did it so well the most overbearing aspect of Night Elf lore in WoW, the Druids, are overwhelmingly on his side and not aiding their own people in defense of their homeland or even of nature itself in Ashenvale, which they claim to be guardians of. It's so bad that other races have made a clear point of noticing it in lore (see the dwarf in pearl of pandaria story where Li Li and Chen got separated at sea after their ship went down in a storm).

Tyrande's problem is exclusive of Malfurion imo. While the druid seems a good scapegoat, Tyrande sucking has been entirely her own doing (I guess writers can't figure out how to make her remotely decent). If anything she is the one who needs to go. She needs to die. Night Elves are mortal now and that's not going to change in this age of mortals, but she's still in the mindset that they have all the time in the world. She represents that useless past they are forcing the story away from. She is in essence a relic that needs to be buried and forgotten. She won't change, she won't improve, having her live out her days would be a detriment to the whole race which gets progressively useless with each passing day. Kill her off and get new blood in. Tradition has no place in this new story why hold on to the figurehead of pointless, useless traditions, like Tyrande. She doesn't even show up to battle in her Sentinel garb, but rather her frilly little mooncloth robe. Kill her already.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just sayin, that mooncloth robe is probably much tougher than her sentinel garb.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Moltke, I don't think we're in that big of a disagreement on our interpretations. Except that I think you really have glossed over the implications of Illidan's decisions.

Yes, we could argue that the Naga are responsible for the mutilations, but he, as the principal in an agent-principal relationship, let it happen and did nothing to stop it. It's not like the Naga simply sunk the ships, they murdered everyone and Illidan let it happen.

He drowned the Watchers and you're correct in pointing out that it was an adversarial move in an adversarial situation. That does not make him less of a threat.

Regrettably, your Youtube link doesn't work, but Malfurion perceived a very real threat to the world in the form of Illidan's spell. Now, I've played through that campaign several times and I don't quite remember any objective source, or if failing that, a druid, who said that it would only cause flooding (which is rather bad anyway).

Malfurion also continues to say at the very end that Illidan has brought much suffering to the world and that he can never be forgiven for that, before he does forgive him for that and lets him go. I regard Malfurion's judgement a bit clouded on this, and agree that he really doesn't have a sense of justice.

As for Maiev, I do not dispute that vengeance is a big part of her motivation, but the vengeance is also justified. Illidan WAS responsible for a lot of suffering, and it is the job of someone acting in a law enforcement capacity to stop the threat.

To me, the situation would be like if Christopher Dorner saved the Mayor's daughter and earned himself an official mayoral pardon. I absolutely wouldn't blame the police chief for going after him anyway, considering what he had done before the mayor made some sort of arbitrary decision like that.

Now, you can call that black and white, but I would still regard pursuing criminals who are responsible for dozens of murders as a rather important thing to do, regardless of whether you're personally invested or not.

To continue with Maiev, I like the character, but don't necessarily see her as a role model. That's ok, because no character really should be perfect, but to return to the topic at hand, I really don't like how they just made her straight-up evil to shut up Night Elf fans.

While we're on the subject of fan treatment though. I have happy news:
http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130319asu-new-sparky-design-scrapped-after-criticism.html

Goodbye, Neo-Disney-Sparky. I'm glad to see that my University holds its fans in a higher regard than Blizzard does.
Edited by Kyalin on 3/20/2013 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I really don't like how they just made her straight-up evil to shut up Night Elf fans.

That seems to be the design intent of quite a few of the choices made.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
03/20/2013 10:22 PMPosted by Ferlion
I really don't like how they just made her straight-up evil to shut up Night Elf fans.

How large a percentage of the fan base are night elf fans like us anyways?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/20/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Suraia

That's not really the question that should be asked.

What percentage of Night Elf fans are willing to quit and leave their friends and achievements behind is the real question, and Blizzard is apparently confident enough to gut those fans race so they can properly worship the humans. Who themselves have a pretty !@#$ story, but that's a result of the humans needing to be included in everything.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter

What percentage of Night Elf fans are willing to quit and leave their friends and achievements behind is the real question, and Blizzard is apparently confident enough to gut those fans race so they can properly worship the humans. Who themselves have a pretty !@#$ story, but that's a result of the humans needing to be included in everything.
Leaving friends behind over a garbage story in a video game is rather petty. And sadly the typical response to "I love the game and my friends here but the race I liked playing has turned to crap" is a race change. With Worgen and human filling in roles originally filled by Night Elves (Druids, Hunters, even Priests) and Night Elf mages bringing nothing to the table most people switched away from night elves even before they saw how terrible they became going through the cata story. And another point is as long as Night Elves look good, new players whom don't care about the story will consider rolling them. Blizzard is confident because they have a reason to be; I just want to know how many people they are pissing off out of their active fanbase. The forums (here and on mmo-c and other community forums) are filled with people whom hate Night Elves, so if that's the vocal drive, it's no surprise they are doing what they do.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Leaving friends behind over a garbage story in a video game is rather petty. And sadly the typical response to "I love the game and my friends here but the race I liked playing has turned to crap" is a race change. With Worgen and human filling in roles originally filled by Night Elves (Druids, Hunters, even Priests) and Night Elf mages bringing nothing to the table most people switched away from night elves even before they saw how terrible they became going through the cata story. And another point is as long as Night Elves look good, new players whom don't care about the story will consider rolling them. Blizzard is confident because they have a reason to be; I just want to know how many people they are pissing off out of their active fanbase. The forums (here and on mmo-c and other community forums) are filled with people whom hate Night Elves, so if that's the vocal drive, it's no surprise they are doing what they do.

People hate Night Elves because they've lost all that made them interesting.

Well, that, and the general hate for elves that every fantasy game gets.
Edited by Ferlion on 3/20/2013 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter

People hate Night Elves because they've lost all that made them interesting.

Well, that, and the general hate for elves that every fantasy game gets.
Night Elf fans hate night elves because they've lost all that made them interesting. Random people hate night elves from reasons ranging "I don't want to play a limp-wristed purple tree hugger when I can play a badass orc metalhead" to "why would I want to play a race that started this whole Burning Legion mess" and even (paraphrase) "If Night Elves have any redeeming qualities they are mary sues, and I want to play a race that isn't 'perfect'." I've even seen Alliance players refer to them as "filthy pagans in my Alliance" lol.

I've heard all of these as reasons for disliking the Night Elves. None of it is based on an accurate understanding of the lore in depth but rather an echo chamber of dislike for the race.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Try it here because it's in this cutscene that Illidan reveals the nature of the spell just flooding the polar icecaps of Icecrown Glacier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rytr7x_0KA

Further, here is a transcript of the dialogue in the cutscene:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Illidan%27s_Task

I'll have to continue to disagree with you about your interpretations of Illidan and Maiev though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Try it here because it's in this cutscene that Illidan reveals the nature of the spell just flooding the polar icecaps of Icecrown Glacier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rytr7x_0KA

Further, here is a transcript of the dialogue in the cutscene:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Illidan%27s_Task

I'll have to continue to disagree with you about your interpretations of Illidan and Maiev though.

It's really hard to take those TFT events serious at this point.

Illidan's backstory was totally rewritten. He never sided with the Legion in the new story.

Not that he wasn't totally sympathetic in the old version either. I mean, dude gave up arcane because his brother asked, Tyrande nursed him through the bone wracking, mind twisting, insanity causing pains while Malfurion, the same guy he loved enough to give up arcane magic and suffer through all that pain for, not only went all "Hey babe, ditch the insane square and I'll let you feel my rack" but he also decided to destroy the Well of Eternity, condemning his brother to a life worse than death.

But no. People don't get that. It's just "lol, he was totally evil".

God, Malfurion's a prick.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Leaving friends behind over a garbage story in a video game is rather petty. And sadly the typical response to "I love the game and my friends here but the race I liked playing has turned to crap" is a race change.

I've worked around this problem with an email address which I'll be using to keep in contact with my friends after, but rewarding Blizzard by paying them money for their failures is entirely the wrong approach.

If you're dissatisfied with the story, hit them where it hurts. Stop buying books, Blizzcon tickets, pets, race changes, etc. Heck, stop buying their other products. I don't even buy Activision products because they committed the sin of being on the same balance sheet.

he also decided to destroy the Well of Eternity, condemning his brother to a life worse than death.

I don't mean to inject more confusion into this, but didn't that get retconned?

I mean, in the Well of Eternity instance, Illidan claims that actually, the well was twisted and turned by too many spells, and was collapsing in on itself after Malfurion tried to close the portal. Nozdormu then urges the party to get out before the world sunders.
Edited by Kyalin on 3/21/2013 8:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't mean to inject more confusion into this, but didn't that get retconned?

I mean, in the Well of Eternity instance, Illidan claims that actually, the well was twisted and turned by too many spells, and was collapsing in on itself after Malfurion tried to close the portal. Nozdormu then urges the party to get out before the world sunders.

Well, yeah. That was all the old stuff.

In the new lore, Illidan being locked up, much less locked up in the condition he was locked up in, was a bit harsh. Again, the new lore he never joined the Legion. He never helped Sargeras, as much as he walked into the palace, and with Sargeras reading his mind, was all like "I'm totes going to use this guy's resources to get a magic item and totally use it to wreck this guys face"

His big crime was recreating the Well of Eternity, which we know from an out of universe perspective really wasn't that big of a deal because the Legion would have found us either way, and it gave Azeroth a weapon to use.

Anyway, the newer story, that has Illidan basically being a %#@%#!!#, but at the end of the day he was still a good guy. Not a nice guy, and a bit racist, and also maybe kinda petty... But still a good guy.

The locking him up for 10,000 years was straight up wrong.

In the old version, while locking him up was probably the smart thing to do (though, kinda goofed on the quality of prisons there with the undead and giant man eating spiders), but the fact that he was in the condition he was in was pretty terrible and out of his hands.

You can't look at Illidan's story prior to TFT and see anything but a sympathetic character. I mean, you can try and deride him for being stupid enough to get addicted to arcane, but it's sort of hard to even do that when Arcane was a nation wide, always present thing. I'd love to know if the Night Elves even really knew about the addiction before hand.

It's a fun little thing Blizzard's done, and I can't really say I like the newer story of Illidan. It not only makes the rest of the Night Elves look like dicks, but it seriously impacts the feel of Illidan's character.

And you know what? The biggest thing to suffer was the Tyrande/Illidan relationship. Illidan wasn't in love with Tyrande because she was Tyrande in the old version. The books had Illidan all "I love you, but it's also sort of in the stalker kind of way. Don't get me wrong, total love, but I'm going to probably be a %#@%#!!# to you". Their relationship in the trilogy didn't really jive with how they acted in TFT. Illidan gave her words thought, even twisted. He heard her out, let her speak. Not silenced her with magic.

The trilogy version of Illidan and Tyrande doesn't fit with Illidan giving it all up to go save Tyrande.

But the original version? The version that had Tyrande care and guard and rehabilitate Illidan through the worst of his arcane sickness? The version that had Tyrande helping him in his lowest moments even when there was a war going on, and her abilities were probably already taxed?

THAT version of the relationship fits with Illidan's outright refusal to hurt (or allow Tyrande to be hurt). It was love. And the one overriding theme you got out of TFT was that Illidan damn sure loved Tyrande. So much so that he gave up power, and became an exile AGAIN, and basically put a target over his head by doing so.

And of course, the explanation of "thousands of years of hatred for you brother" makes much more sense when you realize that Malfurion likely knew Illidan was in love with Tyrande, damn sure knew that Illidan was in the state he was in because he had asked him to give up magic, and still moved in on Tyrande.

Not that I'm saying Tyrande "belonged" to Illidan. She gets to make her own choice. But major violation of the bro code.
Edited by Ferlion on 3/21/2013 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
03/21/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Kyalin
Leaving friends behind over a garbage story in a video game is rather petty. And sadly the typical response to "I love the game and my friends here but the race I liked playing has turned to crap" is a race change.

I've worked around this problem with an email address which I'll be using to keep in contact with my friends after, but rewarding Blizzard by paying them money for their failures is entirely the wrong approach.

If you're dissatisfied with the story, hit them where it hurts. Stop buying books, Blizzcon tickets, pets, race changes, etc. Heck, stop buying their other products. I don't even buy Activision products because they committed the sin of being on the same balance sheet.
I haven't bought a book since Shattering, stopped doing race changes after I made my mage a Night Elf at the start of cata and haven't any interest in changing away (coz its a waste of money), don't play any other video games, and I'd never go to Blizzcon lol. But really I wanted to get to the point of what our fanbase population is. We're still here, paying a sub to play (and post), there's like what 5? vocal Night Elf fans here? Outnumbered heavily by plenty whom don't care for the race or even hate it. So what dent would it be? Would those of us whom quit entirely because of what they did the best aspect, as we saw it, actually succeed in doing anything but no longer posting our criticisms and frustration? I think we'd be easily replaced by new "Night Elf fans" that "love turning into animals and being pretty" and don't really give a crap about the poor portrayal and denigration of the race in the story. I don't think we're that "powerful" unlike the Forsaken pvpers and their youtube fanbase which left wow when WotF was nerfed to dirt.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
03/21/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Suraia

I haven't bought a book since Shattering, stopped doing race changes after I made my mage a Night Elf at the start of cata and haven't any interest in changing away (coz its a waste of money), don't play any other video games, and I'd never go to Blizzcon lol. But really I wanted to get to the point of what our fanbase population is. We're still here, paying a sub to play (and post), there's like what 5? vocal Night Elf fans here? Outnumbered heavily by plenty whom don't care for the race or even hate it. So what dent would it be? Would those of us whom quit entirely because of what they did the best aspect, as we saw it, actually succeed in doing anything but no longer posting our criticisms and frustration? I think we'd be easily replaced by new "Night Elf fans" that "love turning into animals and being pretty" and don't really give a crap about the poor portrayal and denigration of the race in the story. I don't think we're that "powerful" unlike the Forsaken pvpers and their youtube fanbase which left wow when WotF was nerfed to dirt.

Honestly, you need to read the financials.

Activision Blizzard recovered from the recession on the backs of value added services, and even in the year of MOP's release, they still managed to post lower subscription revenue numbers than last year in both GAAP and non-GAAP measurements - mostly due to subscription losses.

Wow's issues, story included, are taking their toll.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Activision Blizzard recovered from the recession on the backs of value added services, and even in the year of MOP's release, they still managed to post lower subscription revenue numbers than last year in both GAAP and non-GAAP measurements - mostly due to subscription losses.

There is a reason they went through that string of layoffs.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter

But that still doesn't give me any concrete evidence concerning the scope of Night Elf fans. PvPers quitting cause they don't like changes, raiders quitting cause they are bored with stale content, players quitting cause they haven't the time for it any more due to real life. All of that counts for losses but is ultimately irrelevant to what Im curious about. I find it impossible to believe terrible night elf lore can result in layoffs and 1M subs terminated lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

But that still doesn't give me any concrete evidence concerning the scope of Night Elf fans. PvPers quitting cause they don't like changes, raiders quitting cause they are bored with stale content, players quitting cause they haven't the time for it any more due to real life. All of that counts for losses but is ultimately irrelevant to what Im curious about. I find it impossible to believe terrible night elf lore can result in layoffs and 1M subs terminated lol.

Probably not by itself, but it remains a factor. We can't really know due to the existing metrics being unequipped to address the issue though.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter

Probably not by itself, but it remains a factor. We can't really know due to the existing metrics being unequipped to address the issue though.
if we can't prove it all we're left with is speculation and opinion, upon which me saying any new players they get rolling night elves because "they are pretty and can turn into animals" replacing those of us who rolled night elves to be a member of proud but altruistic race with most ancient civilisation on Azeroth, born of a Goddess, once Immortal, with power over nature and mastery over arms, feared but also admired for their mystique and prowess, the net result is "night elf fans like us are easily replaced".

I really don't think there are that many of us out there. If not for alliance druids being night elf only for the first 2 wow expansions and classic itself, I don't think they would've been taking up nearly as much of the player pop. 36.3% of all Night Elves in US are Druids. 22.2% are hunters. Remove that from the stats and the night elf pop drops to about the same share as gnomes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]