Raiding in MoP via Real ID

85 Dwarf Priest
Until Blizzard allow me to move my 10 characters without having to pay for individual character moves from Argent Dawn to an Oceanic realm, I am stuck here with no one to do anything with. I want to get out there and enjoy some raiding. I joined up on openraid.us but noticed almost no cross realm raids listed there during Australian peak times. Is there an alternative site more used by us? Or are cross realms just not used that much unless you're grouping with someone specific?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My experience with Open Raid is that it is very US-centric (as are most things) and so you tend to miss out. Either check the forums or start a toon on a server you want to go to (don't aim for Frostmourne, it only adds to the congestion), and when the guild goes to raid, you can cross realm your existing toons into the raid.

Obviously it cannot work with current content but that's ok - guild's would never accept it anyway as it would impact on guild achievements etc.

I've seen a few people do this and it works well. It's a great way to suss out a guild before dropping RL dollars on a move.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Yeah, I was thinking of seeing if I could do a Trial type of thing before transferring one toon. I think it is really my only alternative.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]