A few questions about low-end PvP healing

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not a General or Gladiator, but I'm not a fail PvP healer. In the past couple weeks, I've started doing BGs, gearing up to check out how healing is in Mists. So far, my experience has been pretty dismal. To point out a couple things before the trolls do, my gear is NOT BiS PvP gear, and this is dealing strictly with unrated BGs, where the competition ranges from BiS Glads (rarely) to people in level 86 greens (slightly less rare).

Questions:
Did diminishing returns change?
I ask because I've run into a few instances where I've been stunned 4-5 times in a 10-12 second time period. The durations DO go down, but it's no longer immune after 3. Is this because you can now be stunned more times before becoming immune or is it because not all stuns share the same DR? These are STUNS, not stuns, incapacitates, knockdowns- just stuns.

How much resilience is enough resilience?
I'm currently sitting at about 65% damage reduction, but I'm still getting hit for 60k+ on some hits. Not every spell or melee ability, but often enough for it to be annoying. I realize there's no "cap," but do you ever hit a point where you're better off prioritizing a different stat?

How many DPS does it take to bring you down?
In BC, usually 2 skilled, focused DPS could bring me down.
In Wrath, it took 4, and in Cata it took 3-4.
Right now, it's 1-2. If I'm up against REALLY bad players (think autoshot/autoattack or one-ability spam), it can take as many as four, but if the players have their CC or silence (not interrupt- blanket silence) on their bars, it's pretty much over, even with a trinket and a bubble. Remember, I'm playing scrub BGs, I'm not talking about RBGs or Arenas at this point.

This isn't a QQ thread by any means- I'm just trying to seek some knowledge so I can adapt to how the game has changed, and hopefully become a better PvP healer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
These are STUNS, not stuns... just stuns

?
Edited by Erdriel on 3/18/2013 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Questions:Did diminishing returns change?I ask because I've run into a few instances where I've been stunned 4-5 times in a 10-12 second time period. The durations DO go down, but it's no longer immune after 3. Is this because you can now be stunned more times before becoming immune or is it because not all stuns share the same DR? These are STUNS, not stuns, incapacitates, knockdowns- just stuns.

Well there's 2 different types of stuns, random proc and controlled. My guess is that you ran into a rogue specced into palytic poison.

With that they can open on you with cheap shot, beat on you to stack paralytic poison to 5, and then the paralytic poison will stun you for another 5 seconds since it is a random proc stun instead of a controlled stun.

Then you probably ran into other people stunning you.

How much resilience is enough resilience?

I dont think you can ever have enough.

How many DPS does it take to bring you down?

If they have cooldowns and you dont, and they are a decent player, 1 person should be able to bring you down eventually if you dont get any help.

Or in my case, twinks in MoP blues will 1 shot me. I knew that twinks would be bad beyond level 74, and seeing so many people talk about their issues at 90 I don't see it getting that much better. At least at 90 though people wont have gear 200 item level better than me.
Edited by Bipst on 3/18/2013 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/18/2013 06:59 AMPosted by Erdriel
These are STUNS, not stuns... just stuns

?

I was saying only stuns, not a chain loss of control through a combination of stuns, fears, incapacitate, which do not share a common DR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]