laptop

100 Human Warlock
okay so i just bought a laptop. and i need to know what the proformence be like for WoW

http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/C850/C855-S5111/

its a toshibia

and if u feel more comfortable searching it here is the model number and what not
Toshibia Satellite C855-S5111

(i know this probably isnt the right forum to put this on but the other forum is basicly dead)
Edited by Omar on 3/17/2013 10:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Instead of askin other people about what the performance would be like, you should try it out and find out for yourself. Its very unlikely anyone here would know, unless they have the same make and model
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
bump
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
you will be able to play but most things wont be on very high settings
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
<--- Toshiba satellite from 2 years ago

I can play in "Fair" settings with high FPS, low ping.

If you aren't used to playing with a touchpad, get a mouse.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Instead of askin other people about what the performance would be like, you should try it out and find out for yourself. Its very unlikely anyone here would know, unless they have the same make and model

Erm, well the specs can give us ideas.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
memphizier that is true lol XD

LLiftweights okay im fine with that as long as it runs better then this piece of crap vista >.<
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
03/17/2013 10:51 PMPosted by Missbish

specs

PROCESSOR*
Intel® Core™ i3-3120M Processor
OPERATING SYSTEM*
Windows 8
GRAPHICS ENGINE*
Mobile Intel® HD Graphics
MEMORY*
4GB DDR3 1600MHz memory
HARD DRIVE*
500GB HDD (5400rpm, Serial ATA)
Reply Quote
63 Blood Elf Hunter
I have a Toshiba Satellite with all the performance and quality settings on WOW maxed out and running dual monitors (so I can do things like this AND play with out collapsing windows) and it runs everything with out the slightest hiccup.
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Omar

specs

PROCESSOR*
OPERATING SYSTEM*
Windows 8
GRAPHICS ENGINE*
MEMORY*
4GB DDR3 1600MHz memory
HARD DRIVE*

No I saw those, what I was saying is that we can look at the specs and it gives us an idea without you having to actually buy it and find it's a steaming kodo pile. It's the graphics I would worry about the most.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I have a Toshiba Satellite with all the performance and quality settings on WOW maxed out and running dual monitors (so I can do things like this AND play with out collapsing windows) and it runs everything with out the slightest hiccup.

Teach me your ways, oh tech savvy hunter! My laptop can barely handle PvP and raids when there are more than three particle effects at once! Iron Qon was horrid, I tell you! And this is IN lower graphical settings.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

specs

PROCESSOR*
OPERATING SYSTEM*
Windows 8
GRAPHICS ENGINE*
MEMORY*
4GB DDR3 1600MHz memory
HARD DRIVE*

No I saw those, what I was saying is that we can look at the specs and it gives us an idea without you having to actually buy it and find it's a steaming kodo pile. It's the graphics I would worry about the most.

I think the graphic card is mainly the problem with this computer that i am currently on now. got it when i think vista came out. or like a year after it did. and now i lag in dungons and raids. and heck even in goldshire.
Reply Quote
Yeah I am having the same issue with mine. Thing is practically cooking. I have to wait until I get the newish one sent to me. Hopefully that fixes the black out crashes I have been having lately. Til then imma cook mah eggs on my nvidia gt 220.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I've been having crashes. or the game just locks up. and i cant see my character and WoW was running pretty good back in Wrath. after cata hit my computer just sucks. i forget which NVIDIA i have >.>
Reply Quote

I think the graphic card is mainly the problem with this computer that i am currently on now. got it when i think vista came out. or like a year after it did. and now i lag in dungons and raids. and heck even in goldshire.

Intel HD graphics = graphics generated by the CPU. It'll do the odds in and out of your every day use, but when it comes to gaming, intel graphics are way behind the curve set by Nvidia and ATI.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Graphics Engine*

this is a big issue.

I have this in another laptop I played on and I could not even get good performance with all the graphic settings turned down to low in the game. I was very lucky to get 5 fps at any time.

if you can return this laptop I suggest you do so pronto.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You should look into a laptop with a *dedicated* graphics card that also has *dedicated* graphics memory and does not SHARE it with the normal RAM. You also may want to look into getting one with at least 8GiB of RAM.

You will be able to play on low settings with this laptop but who wants to not have every single shiny feature turned on while still pulling 60+ fps?

Just do not expect the best of gaming experiences with it.
Reply Quote
63 Blood Elf Hunter
AMD Radeon Graphics Card (on board)

AMD A6 Quad Core processor

8g RAM

Solid State Drive

Windows 8

Zero problems ever.
Edited by Arcurex on 3/18/2013 12:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]