Classes, ordered by how metal they are.

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Those who cannot enjoy metal are too weak to withstand it. Stick to your nickleback and icp.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Since pretty much all of my toons are named after Rammstein songs, that must mean I'm more metal than all of you in this thread. :D

not quite :P not at all actually, haha. Rammstein is great, don't get me wrong, but metal? Not when compared to the likes of Bathory, Opeth, Immortal, Emperor, Gorgoroth, Morbid Angel, Samael, etc etc etc
90 Blood Elf Hunter
03/18/2013 12:26 PMPosted by ßathorý
Since pretty much all of my toons are named after Rammstein songs, that must mean I'm more metal than all of you in this thread. :D

not quite :P not at all actually, haha. Rammstein is great, don't get me wrong, but metal? Not when compared to the likes of Bathory, Opeth, Immortal, Emperor, Gorgoroth, Morbid Angel, Samael, etc etc etc

ahh yes the new breed
90 Night Elf Priest

I'd agree with you on this. So MANY different artists within the confines of the metal world. Go forth and explore! Rammstein is the gateway to a world of ... you got it, metal!

\m/
90 Orc Warrior
I'm very glad to see that I'm not "metal," since IMO decent "metal" disappeared with Black Sabbath & has since been replaced by screaming-filled garbage that sounds more like punk with a really bad attitude.

What a fool you are. Black Sabbath started metal. Sure you can look with a one sided eye to see screaming filled garbage or you can just understand you have a different taste in music. That goes out to anyone. It's sad that others disrespect others music. A real sad planet we live on. I'll listen to the bands people hate like Lamb of God. It can be classified as your screaming garbage. That is cool. Have a good day.

Being evil isn't metal btw. I do think think that the list is accurate though.

EDIT: and like I said being evil isn't metal. That is just trying to act like the stereotypical metalhead. Which isn't true. I love metal and only listen to metal, rock and a little bit of techno/dubsteb but mostly metal and I am a nice guy lol. Definitely not evil.
Edited by Furytime on 3/18/2013 12:33 PM PDT
100 Goblin Hunter
Those who cannot enjoy metal are too weak to withstand it. Stick to your nickleback and icp.

I love this person.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm trying not to be a hipster douche here, but you saw a change when Metallica came out with the Black. ...And Justice for all was the album prior to Black, and I urge any of you to listen to them back to back and tell me you cannot tell a difference between badassery and douchebaggery from one to the other.

Black was a departure but it's still a good album, it's not like I'm trying to defend Load here.
The beatles started it strangely enough with the helter skelter song. Sabbath just improved on everything, amazing how they can go from jazz to that. Even more amazing how they can have Tommy Iommi missing some fingers and still rock that hard.
90 Night Elf Priest
Err, what's icp?

No joke.
86 Orc Shaman

I always thought of Rammstein as industrial, personally. They're so heavily influenced by Laibach, what else would the be?

On a side note, I kinda feel like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW1JhZFh54Q is my warlock's theme song, more than any metal song.
Err, what's icp?

No joke.

Ironically it is a joke. A joke that has whooshed over many of the fans who take them seriously.
100 Human Paladin
Err, what's icp?

No joke.

The I care police
Edited by Waylord on 3/18/2013 12:33 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Im a cowboy from hell!
90 Blood Elf Warlock
There's definitely a lot of metal bands out there that can be classified as evil, though I'd also agree that the more you delve into it the more you see how many of them are anything but that. Immortal, for instance(the most reknowned even if by their humor) has only ever been about mythical subjects and none of which were satanic in nature.

Sabbath was a pioneer..if you think all metal went to the mainstream sounds like Lamb of God(which isn't bad, but isn't my preference) you're sorely mistaken. Please research beneath the mainstream labels :P
90 Night Elf Priest
Err, what's icp?

No joke.

Ironically it is a joke. A joke that has whooshed over many of the fans who take them seriously.

I don't know who they are, I supose google could help.

So how do we all feel about Sludge metal here? More industrial than metal or ?

It seems to be my new favorite, but I haven't found many who also like it.
I am particularly fond of acidbath tbh.

Yeah google would help but not much. They are a horrorcore rap genre. They dress like clowns and do stuff. :P
Edited by Missbish on 3/18/2013 12:35 PM PDT
100 Orc Death Knight

See, most of that screamy death metal I can't stand. Guess I'm getting old lol. I listen to a lot of Fear Factory too though, think he has it down right... growling vocals, and then right into clean vocal singing.

Rammstein on the other hand, is more industrial metal. See them live man... holy hell. Saw em twice, best concerts I've ever been too.

Sidenote: btw, F Sharon Osbourne. No Bill Ward, no Sabbath.
Edited by Fuhre on 3/18/2013 12:35 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Warlock
03/18/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Goelle

I always thought of Rammstein as industrial, personally. They're so heavily influenced by Laibach, what else would the be?

On a side note, I kinda feel like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW1JhZFh54Q is my warlock's theme song, more than any metal song.

Rammstein definitely can be classified as an industrial influenced band, but they're not really industrial by themselves. This goes too much into the whole 'genre definition' BS that I try to avoid :P but industrial, at its heart, is bands like Throbbing Gristle, Coil, Skinny Puppy etc..dark and experimental. Rammstein incorporates some of Laibach's elements but is mostly full of heavy rock riffs.
90 Gnome Mage
I'm very glad to see that I'm not "metal," since IMO decent "metal" disappeared with Black Sabbath & has since been replaced by screaming-filled garbage that sounds more like punk with a really bad attitude.

What a fool you are. Black Sabbath started metal.

No kidding??? Really????? OMGZORZ, nothing gets past you.

Sure you can look with a one sided eye to see screaming filled garbage or you can just understand you have a different taste in music

Which is precisely what I did. Some people inexplicably like that screaming-filled garbage, & that's their business & their opinion. My opinion is that modern "metal" is screaming-filled garbage. Yours is different. Different people have different opinions. Gosh, what an AMAZING concept.

Did you have a point, beyond calling me a "fool" for no reason whatsoever? If so, kindly make it.

What a fool you are. Black Sabbath started metal.

No kidding??? Really????? OMGZORZ, nothing gets past you.

Sure you can look with a one sided eye to see screaming filled garbage or you can just understand you have a different taste in music

Which is precisely what I did. Some people inexplicably like that screaming-filled garbage, & that's their business & their opinion. My opinion is that modern "metal" is screaming-filled garbage. Yours is different. Different people have different opinions. Gosh, what an AMAZING concept.

Did you have a point, beyond calling me a "fool" for no reason whatsoever? If so, kindly make it.

*hugs* he is always angry like that. Don't let it get to ya.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]