Classes, ordered by how metal they are.

90 Night Elf Priest

What a fool you are. Black Sabbath started metal.

No kidding??? Really????? OMGZORZ, nothing gets past you.

Sure you can look with a one sided eye to see screaming filled garbage or you can just understand you have a different taste in music

Which is precisely what I did. Some people inexplicably like that screaming-filled garbage, & that's their business & their opinion. My opinion is that modern "metal" is screaming-filled garbage. Yours is different. Different people have different opinions. Gosh, what an AMAZING concept.

Did you have a point, beyond calling me a "fool" for no reason whatsoever? If so, kindly make it.

Fleafly, pleaseeee look at the bands I posted earlier. If you still refrain and hold solid in you opinion, I shall rest my case. I picked ones that I specifically felt brought more to the table than most.

Other than that, I have nothing.
90 Undead Priest
its funny all the "derp whats metal" posts... i love the term. i love the OP.
100 Orc Death Knight
03/18/2013 12:34 PMPosted by ßathorý

I always thought of Rammstein as industrial, personally. They're so heavily influenced by Laibach, what else would the be?

On a side note, I kinda feel like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW1JhZFh54Q is my warlock's theme song, more than any metal song.

Rammstein definitely can be classified as an industrial influenced band, but they're not really industrial by themselves. This goes too much into the whole 'genre definition' BS that I try to avoid :P but industrial, at its heart, is bands like Throbbing Gristle, Coil, Skinny Puppy etc..dark and experimental. Rammstein incorporates some of Laibach's elements but is mostly full of heavy rock riffs.

Yup, perfect fusion between the 2, in my opinion. Pure ear candy :D
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Why the fight over music? There is good and bad in all genres.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I give this thread |..| out of 10.
I know I might smacked for this, but I also gotta give Deathstars some props for having some wonderful rhythm.

Why the fight over music? There is good and bad in all genres.

We metal heads can be very aggressive. I just don't care for icp, they have some good songs but the fan base irks me. I listen to all kinds and I'll be honest, even pet shop boys.
Edited by Missbish on 3/18/2013 12:39 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Warlock
not quite :P not at all actually, haha. Rammstein is great, don't get me wrong, but metal? Not when compared to the likes of Bathory, Opeth, Immortal, Emperor, Gorgoroth, Morbid Angel, Samael, etc etc etc

They're metal just a different kind. The band has personally called themselves "Tanz metal" or "Dance Metal" since they use keyboard with their guitars. It's a type of german music called "new german hard" started around the 90s with OOMPH.

I would relate them to KISS style of metal. Nice and flashy.
100 Blood Elf Rogue

CLASSES BY METAL
1 - Warlock
2 - Warrior
3 - Death Knight
4 - Shaman
5 - Rogue
6 - Priest
7 - Druid
8 - Monk
9 - Hunter
10 - Mage
11 - Paladin

[/i]

Fixed, I would argue that enhancement and elemental put shaman above priests, I mean they are weilding hammers and axes and shooting lightning and summoning wolves...fairly metal. If THOR is metal, so are Shaman (excluding resto).

Warriors #2 imo because they are the other extreme end of metal. So you would have Locks and their demon metal first, warriors and their warrior metal 2nd and the hybrid DK third IMO.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I love this thread and I wish all of you were on my server so I can talk to people for once, haha.

Though it is really difficult to say modern metal is screaming garbage, since as we all know, metal is an exceptionally broad term. :P
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Though it is really difficult to say modern metal is screaming garbage, since as we all know, metal is an exceptionally broad term. :P

Meh it's currently the popular kind of metal. After that rush of popular screamy bands in the past few years.

I'm usually not a big fan of labels and all the sub genres. But I do get a little annoyed if people just instantly assume when I say I enjoy metal, they think I'm talking about that belchy metal as I call it.
97 Night Elf Rogue
I believe someone hit the nail on the head....somewhere in this awesome thread.

Pally- Strike Justin Bieber/Insert Nickleback
90 Gnome Mage
Fleafly, pleaseeee look at the bands I posted earlier

Well, to be fair, I should have specified that I was referring only to "death" & "speed" & "thrash" metal & their various alternatives, when I referred to "screaming filled garbage."

I don't have any objection to what people are calling "melodic" or "symphonic" or "progressive" metal, other than that the examples I've heard (Nightwish & similar) I didn't care for. It's just not my style of music.

Do I care what others listen to? Not a bit. Am I going to modify my opinion of certain types of "metal" because some people like them & don't like it being called "screaming filled garbage?" Not a bit. I'll try to remember to check out what you posted earlier, though, just to be fair.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
03/18/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Rosenivy

Meh it's currently the popular kind of metal. After that rush of popular screamy bands in the past few years.

I'm usually not a big fan of labels and all the sub genres. But I do get a little annoyed if people just instantly assume when I say I enjoy metal, they think I'm talking about that belchy metal as I call it.

Yeah what is popular isn't much to go by in the genre, tbh. If you're talking about the strict growling vocals in general, even lesser known bands, then it's still something that's been around since the 80's even if you're not into it. So it's not 'modern' as much as it is traditional to that genre.

If you just prefer clean vocals..there's still plenty of those to be found as well.
90 Night Elf Priest
03/18/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Fleafly
Fleafly, pleaseeee look at the bands I posted earlier

Well, to be fair, I should have specified that I was referring only to "death" & "speed" & "thrash" metal & their various alternatives, when I referred to "screaming filled garbage."

I don't have any objection to what people are calling "melodic" or "symphonic" or "progressive" metal, other than that the examples I've heard (Nightwish & similar) I didn't care for. It's just not my style of music.

Do I care what others listen to? Not a bit. Am I going to modify my opinion of certain types of "metal" because some people like them & don't like it being called "screaming filled garbage?" Not a bit. I'll try to remember to check out what you posted earlier, though, just to be fair.

I deeply respect you for that. Yeah, the internet is a scary place and us metal heads are a bit touchy.

I don't care for a lot of the "original" metal bands... *shrugs*

Music is wonderful, at least, most of it. ;)
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
This is the single greatest and most epic post ever seen on these forums.

METAL/10.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
If you just prefer clean vocals..there's still plenty of those to be found as well.

Yup but where I live everybody wants to listen to the burping singers lol.

It's a smidge irritating if I'm trying to shop for clothes at Hot Topic ( I'm skinny that's the only place that sells pants I like ) and I get stuck having to listen to all the bad music.

Although there was this one time they played Rammstein so it's a 50/50 when I go shopping.
100 Goblin Hunter
This is the single greatest and most epic post ever seen on these forums.

METAL/10.

/headbang to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfjLKWkhfo4
03/18/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Rosenivy

It's a smidge irritating if I'm trying to shop for clothes at Hot Topic ( I'm skinny that's the only place that sells pants I like ) and I get stuck having to listen to all the bad music.

Although there was this one time they played Rammstein so it's a 50/50 when I go shopping.

I wasn't aware hot topic played anything anyone likes :O
97 Night Elf Rogue
03/18/2013 12:42 PMPosted by ßathorý

Yeah what is popular isn't much to go by in the genre, tbh. If you're talking about the strict growling vocals in general, even lesser known bands, then it's still something that's been around since the 80's even if you're not into it. So it's not 'modern' as much as it is traditional to that genre.

I think vocals are what separates music (my opinion) Clean and understandable lyrics making one question the mortal soul with a deep dark musical number behind it is by definition badass. Nativity In Black by Black Sabbath is arguable one of the greatest metal songs ever.....and Ozzy never had to scream.
90 Night Elf Priest
03/18/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Rosenivy

My hot topic tends to have a lot of local music playing. It must be an area thing. They'll have some of the greater DC and baltimore metro bands playing over the speakers. It's a nice change of pace and I think all stores should do that. Since they stand for the music and all...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]