Please let us see how many bosses are down.

90 Orc Death Knight
Does anyone know why they took this option out? Joining LFR and wanting to fight all the bosses is what I enjoy, last one I joined had downed the 2nd boss already and I needed something from him and the first boss. Do you play through or just take the deserter and try again?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
People kept choosing not to go in, seeing bosses were downed, thinking it was going to be a failfest. Due to this, the people actually in that run would never get to finish their run.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't on this occasion. I wish they would just give you a "prefer to join fresh/in progress" option or something. Of course, even then I'm sure someone would ruin it.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The display for how many bosses were remaining had been removed from Raid Finder in Patch 5.1.

Bashiok explains the reasoning behind the change in this thread below.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200302669?page=2#26

Right, so with 5.1 the game no longer tells you how many bosses are left for the group you’re being matched with for Raid Finder (LFR).

To explain why we made the change, let’s go back to the problem everyone was experiencing before. Let’s say a fresh LFR group is put together, they get two bosses down, and then wipe a few times on the third and lose 10 people who think they’re too cool for wiping. Now the group is down to 15, waiting for 10 new people, the queue eventually pops for those 10, and most of them see 2/6 and hit cancel. The raid still isn't full, the matchmaker has to go looking again for more people, and meanwhile as time ticks on people from the original run are getting more frustrated. Maybe a few of them leave, and then there’s even more spots to fill. Plenty of times everyone just gives up and the entire run falls apart, all those people are back in the queue, and they’ll be-damned if they join an in-progress run to fall apart again!

These kinds of things happen all of the time, and in the vast majority of situations it’s simply because people don’t like the idea of joining an in-progress run, even if it would have succeeded.

You may think we’re trying to be underhanded, but the reality is we’re trying to help people be more efficient with their play time. What most people don’t realize is that if they get and complete an in-progress run, the next time they queue they will preferentially be placed into a fresh instance. What everyone should be doing, to be the most efficient, is joining and sticking with their runs to completion. If they join an in-progress group they can catch up on those other couple bosses they missed immediately after, and if they have the time, they’d be wise to down the ones they've already killed again for extra Valor.

The patch has only been out a couple days of course, but personally I think there are some people who don’t realize yet how an in-progress run, and that extra Valor, can directly translate to improved items through the new upgrade system. An in-progress run is very likely better bang for the buck to your character power due to item level upgrades than hitting cancel over and over to get a fresh run and then hoping for a boss drop.

There are of course other issues that cause LFR groups to fall apart, like boss difficulty, and those are the kinds of things we’re looking at bigger solutions for. Losing a couple people doesn’t need to mean the whole run is doomed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Thank you for explanation
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Personally, I can understand why they took away the ability to see which bosses a raid has cleared.

That said, it has yet to stop me from leaving a group and just eating the debuff if they've downed a boss I was waiting for. There are so many dailies to do, that I can easily soak up 30 minutes without a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It's very much more efficient to do the in-progress and then requeue, as in both cases you need to sit through two queues but dropping because you got an in-progress also means waiting for the deserter debuff.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
It's bullcrap that I wait 30+ minutes to join a queue and only get to do 1 boss. Then I have to queue again for 30+ more minutes to see the other two.
Reply Quote
Personally, I can understand why they took away the ability to see which bosses a raid has cleared.

That said, it has yet to stop me from leaving a group and just eating the debuff if they've downed a boss I was waiting for. There are so many dailies to do, that I can easily soak up 30 minutes without a problem.

Exactly! Blizzard doesn't seem to realize that if people want a specific boss, they're not going to waste time doing an LFR when that boss is already dead. They'll just leave. I've seen it happen time and time again.

Worse, when you've got a new character going through an LFR -- and can't move onto the next LFR until all bosses are clear -- you sometimes have to queue for the same damn one over and over and over again until you happen across a fresh one. I ran into this problem last week on my Death Knight, and finally gave up on doing LFR altogether.

An even worse situation: I remember when an LFR instance bugged and it kept trying to queue people into it even though every boss was dead. I got stuck all night trying to queue for a needed LFR only to find that same one waiting for me every time. Knowing in advance that that was going to happen would have saved me a lot of time and effort.

Blizzard also has to realize, some people would *love* to skip bosses. Less time in LFR for the same amount of Valor? WIN! On my main, that's how I feel about LFR; on my alts, I want every boss. Blizzard has no right to take away that decision from us, especially when it's based on false pretenses like those of Bashiok's.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I agree it is easier to drop and get the debuff then it is to end up in a group that is falling apart. Then I just switch to an alt or just log off and play something else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
03/19/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Rygarius
What most people don’t realize is that if they get and complete an in-progress run, the next time they queue they will preferentially be placed into a fresh instance.

You should also put them at the top of the queue since they've already had to wait in line once. They shouldn't have to wait in two queues to do one instance run.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
What most people don’t realize is that if they get and complete an in-progress run, the next time they queue they will preferentially be placed into a fresh instance.

Can you comment on players getting in progress queues on council when they already have killed council that week?

This was happening a lot to a guild member later in the week who was queuing with a few other guild members who hadn't killed anything yet and just wasted his time, do I have to queue solo so I don't get queued into bosses I have already killed?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I really don't think DPS appreciate the 30 minute kills to get 1 boss they may or may not need loot of off, for another 30 minute queue to possibly get 1/3 bosses in, to have to third queue another time to get that first boss.

Heck, I don't appreciate how much I have to do that, and I'm a healer, free queues.
Reply Quote
It had to queue ten times last week for ToT before I got into a fresh run and could kill the first boss, which is pretty ridiculous. Helpful tip - If you get the raid to boot you rather then leaving, you don't get the debuff.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
It's bullcrap that I wait 30+ minutes to join a queue and only get to do 1 boss. Then I have to queue again for 30+ more minutes to see the other two.

thats pretty much the problem after they took the boss views away, you can spend way more time doing a LFR run than you should.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
And when I am put into a LFR that is partially completed, I feel like I am just a tool being used by Blizzard to make others' gametime more enjoyable at the expense of my own. It feels like I am being sold into servitude by Blizzard. That is not a good feeling to have in a video game.

Did you manage to keep a straight face while typing this?

Yes it sucks having to queue twice, but it sucks more to have a 2/3 run completely dissolve because no one will take queue.
Edited by Sonus on 3/19/2013 6:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin
I still think we should queue up for single bosses in raid finder, that way its always the one you want!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
03/19/2013 06:17 PMPosted by Elbeghast
Yes it sucks having to queue twice, but it sucks more to have a 2/3 run completely dissolve because no one will take queue.

I would rather a fresh run go uncompleted as to be put into a partially completed run that is already in progress. At least then I wouldn't feel like a slave to Blizzard and to other players.
You are free to your opinion, but making 20 people suffer so you don't get your feelings hurt is dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
The patch has only been out a couple days of course, but personally I think there are some people who don’t realize yet how an in-progress run, and that extra Valor, can directly translate to improved items through the new upgrade system. An in-progress run is very likely better bang for the buck to your character power due to item level upgrades than hitting cancel over and over to get a fresh run and then hoping for a boss drop.

Right, the new upgrade system--which is now gone. Since part of the logic for this is now broken, does that alter the conclusion?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]