Please let us see how many bosses are down.

90 Orc Shaman
03/19/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Sabod
What most people don’t realize is that if they get and complete an in-progress run, the next time they queue they will preferentially be placed into a fresh instance.

Can you comment on players getting in progress queues on council when they already have killed council that week?

This was happening a lot to a guild member later in the week who was queuing with a few other guild members who hadn't killed anything yet and just wasted his time, do I have to queue solo so I don't get queued into bosses I have already killed?

Uh. I imagine the queue was going by the guys who hadn't killed anything. Should have just killed Council and requeued.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
03/19/2013 07:00 PMPosted by Elbeghast
BE HAPPY YOU EVEN HAVE LFR

I would rather LFR not even exist than to place me in a partial run.

I've already stopped running LFR because of it. One less healer in the queue. I only wish more tanks and healers would boycott LFR.

Got so fed up with getting runs with bosses already downed I just quit running any LFR runs period.
" I would rather LFR not even exist than to place me in a partial run." I agree.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
It's to trick healers and tanks who would just not go if it wasn't a fresh run.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Frankly, Bashiok's reasoning is ludicrous.

You may think we’re trying to be underhanded, but the reality is we’re trying to help people be more efficient with their play time. What most people don’t realize is that if they get and complete an in-progress run, the next time they queue they will preferentially be placed into a fresh instance.

I'd love to be more efficient with my playtime. I'd like to sit in a queue, while doing dailies, until I get a fresh run, and do ONE RUN of the LFR per week. Two queues, and two and a half runs, is *not* the most efficient use of my playtime...especially when I have alts that *also* need LFR runs. You cannot remotely attempt to tell me that multiple runs is somehow more efficient than a single run!

That doesn't even remotely pass Logic 101. Doing something once takes less time than doing something twice. Seriously, the waits after Blackhorn weren't remotely as bad as having to queue three and four and five times while playing Boss Roulette...and anyone who says they were is smoking something.

What everyone should be doing, to be the most efficient, is joining and sticking with their runs to completion.

Happy to do this. I never left an LFR run during Cata that wasn't for a legitimate RL emergency...but there's zero reason to stay in an LFR run if I've already looted a boss and can't loot him anymore, especially when my spot can be filled by someone who perhaps can.

In reality, this system makes the problem WORSE by putting people in at boss #3 and #4, because then on their next run, in order to use their time "efficiently", they're basically encouraged to *leave* after boss #2 and find something that isn't a waste of time, thereby creating another hole to be filled at boss #3 for the next person, etc, etc, ad nauseum...

The patch has only been out a couple days of course, but personally I think there are some people who don’t realize yet how an in-progress run, and that extra Valor, can directly translate to improved items through the new upgrade system.

So, since upgrades are currently removed, this system of getting shoved in an in-progress run should be going away, yes?

Edit: Look... If you REALLY want people to stay until the end of an LFR run, don't give out the loot until after the final boss is dead. (But don't loot-lock people to any bosses until that point, either.) But stop penalizing people who don't have the time to queue twenty times a week trying to get four bosses dead. That's just cruel and unusual punishment.
Edited by Ravas on 3/19/2013 9:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
What Blizzard failed to realize is that when someone wants a certain boss, they will immediately leave, and they will wait that 30 minutes.

The problem is that 30 minutes. You're forcing people to wait 30 minutes to re-Que. Look at DPS for example:

A DPS's time in a que is very long. Some go an hour or higher. Say for instance that they got put in the middle of the raid, stayed with it, etc. Now they need the first boss.

They wait that hour again, only to be put in the middle of a raid again.
The question that now arises is that should they stay to the next boss, or shiould they leave and re-que?

Many of you may say to stay until the next boss and then re-que, as getting to that boss may take that 15 minute interval, but add that trash+boss time to the hour they actually sit in the que, AND add the times they have to re-que to get a fresh one. You will be looking at a very, very, very long time.

What I believe the OP has in mind is that it should be returned, so they can hit cancel and immediately re-que without having a 15 or 30 minute debuff. After all, why should they be punished for trying to get a fresh raid?

Blizzard might be able to make it so they are added to the top of the que as well, since they already waited an hour for it to pop; although I would not recommend this as it will promote abuse to the valor system where you re-que constantly until you get a last boss que. (A healer for example)
Edited by Gildartsa on 3/19/2013 8:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is wrong. At least in regards to the new raid. Many players have ran ToT LFR numerous times and have never seen the first boss.
Today, I got a fresh run on my first queue. Last week, I got in on Council, queued immediately afterwards, and started on Jin'rohk. I can play the subjectivity card, too.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Death Knight
Just another example of how Blizzard has made it clear we players are not playing this game the right way.
Now they (Blizz) have come up with this great idea to make sure we the players are playing the game the way it was meant to be played and if we don't like it , maybe we are playing the wrong game. lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
Blizzard needs to add better rewards for doing the instance more then once so people will be tempted to stay when they get to the bosses they have already killed. Give fail bags every time you kill a boss, just make it not possible to get loot off the boss. Up the amount of valor for doing it a second time and less people will quit when they get to the bosses they already have done.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Blizzard needs to add better rewards for doing the instance more then once so people will be tempted to stay when they get to the bosses they have already killed. Give fail bags every time you kill a boss, just make it not possible to get loot off the boss. Up the amount of valor for doing it a second time and less people will quit when they get to the bosses they already have done.

Honestly, if we're not going to get the option to just do the bosses a single time each, each week, we should get to loot them every time we're forced to kill them, up to a certain point.

Like, say, ten.

Yes, I realize that's slight hyperbole, perhaps, but since our option to go One & Done is being taken away, it seems perfectly reasonable to me.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I eat the deserter time. There's plenty to do outside lfr.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Should be able Pay 3 Mogu Tokens for FAST PASSES
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I ran the new wing of LFR for two days, Sat and Sun trying to get the First Boss.

Yes, I joined a raid in progress.

Yes, I finished it.

Yes, I queued again as a Healer, same as the in progress run.

After a 45 minute wait, as a healer, it dumped me at the Second Boss yet again.

I never did get a shot at the first boss.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
Just another example of how Blizzard has made it clear we players are not playing this game the right way.
Now they (Blizz) have come up with this great idea to make sure we the players are playing the game the way it was meant to be played and if we don't like it , maybe we are playing the wrong game. lol

Didn't you get the memo, it's the gc way or nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
03/19/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Nymosis
Does anyone know why they took this option out?

ORRRR. Go to a server where you can find/make your own raid.

LFR = loot for retards

Don't worry about it.
Its not like you are actually accomplishing anything.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
It's very much more efficient to do the in-progress and then requeue, as in both cases you need to sit through two queues but dropping because you got an in-progress also means waiting for the deserter debuff.

Then why wasn't I getting fresh runs on my healer when I would reque after completing a run?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
03/19/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Firekatkid
I wish they would just give you a "prefer to join fresh/in progress" option or something.

I would love this. At this point, there is maybe one item from the 5.0 LFR that I even want. I'm just there for the valor.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Personally, I can understand why they took away the ability to see which bosses a raid has cleared.

That said, it has yet to stop me from leaving a group and just eating the debuff if they've downed a boss I was waiting for. There are so many dailies to do, that I can easily soak up 30 minutes without a problem.

And this is why I think they should link the debuff to daily quest resets. Want to bail on a group or raid? Fine, wait till tomorrow before you can rejoin. I grow tired of people bailing on a group when the boss we kill doesn't drop what they need.....kids.....

If you're in 25 man raiding guild, how many bosses do you endure for the sake of your raid? Just because this is a pug group does not mean you should spend less energy. The community needs to step up their game and act accordingly and pug groups will get better. The problem is the players...change comes from within.
Edited by Crotaliis on 3/20/2013 4:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
The display for how many bosses were remaining had been removed from Raid Finder in Patch 5.1.

Bashiok explains the reasoning behind the change in this thread below.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200302669?page=2#26

There are of course other issues that cause LFR groups to fall apart, like boss difficulty, and those are the kinds of things we’re looking at bigger solutions for.

I am only quoting what I think is the most important sentence from Bashiok's post. It sums up what I think a blue response should be.

1.) Yes we see the same problem you do.
2.) We aren't going to band aide fix it we are looking at a larger solution.

My Suggestion for that larger solution would be:

1.) Let, as many as possible, who queues for the first time in a week join a fresh run. Yes I know there will be problems with this keep reading.
2.) Have an option to join as a filler for a specific role. This person would always get placed into a instance that is already in progress unless there isn't one of course. This person can get loot from boss IF THEY HAVEN'T already that week. However, if they have looted that boss already that week they would receive instead a couple of lesser charms of good fortune and a couple valor if not capped justice if they are. Maybe they could receive a random potion, elixir, or banquet as well to encourage them to run again. Another thought I had was that this person and only the person who joined the queue in this way would get a buff that reduced or eliminated durability effects while in that instance.

As a healer, a class needed more of in LFR, I would run multiple times if these changes were implemented.
Edited by Blessyou on 3/20/2013 5:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I find it stupid people "cherry pick" bosses.

I am glad they remove the status thing.

Maybe they should increase the debuff to 1 hour or two.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]