Please let us see how many bosses are down.

90 Human Death Knight
This is all fine and dandy until what happens with my GF and myself last week happens again.

1st queue, 1/3 bosses dead. We kill 2 after some struggles.
2nd queue (we still need first boss) 1/3 bosses dead (we leave)
3rd queue 2/3 bosses dead. (we leave)
4th queue 2/3 bosses dead. (we leave)
5th queue FINALLY fresh. (we kill 1st boss then leave, putting someone else exactly where we were)

The queues were spread over a couple of days, but does Blizzard have any idea how frustrating it is to only need the first boss (because loot lock) and constantly getting tossed into a raid that is past that point after an hour queue? and then taking a 30min debuff, after which waiting in ANOTHER hour queue just to have a CHANCE at getting what we need?

The system needs to be tweaked to basically NEVER put you in a queue past a point you need once you have 1 or more bosses down.
Edited by Skul on 3/20/2013 7:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Warrior
It's bullcrap that I wait 30+ minutes to join a queue and only get to do 1 boss. Then I have to queue again for 30+ more minutes to see the other two.

This.

Waited 50 minutes last night to get into the 2nd part of ToT, and they were on Ji-kun.

Then I waited 1 hour and 20 minutes to get a fresh run to kill Tortos and Meg.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Understanding the point listed by "Bashiok", clearly understood. Personally I feel this is a terrible plan. There are multiple reasons for a run falling apart, in most cases however you do not see 10 people drop because of the issue listed.

I can't say how many times I have joined an LFR and seen people with bags filled with pvp gear and mostly greens, these same people have not even spent 2 minutes to review the dungeon journal and simply expect the 15-25% of the decent players in there to carry them.

When you see that many (10 players in Bashiok's example) leave a run it's usually a sign of something being terribly wrong and now that the option to pass a run in progress has basically been removed it often ends up wasting a lot more time than what people are already expressing here:

You have to queue up twice and depending on your class that is likely a 25-45 minute wait each time. The part that has not been brought about is the time wasted in that run with the "please carry me" group.

Seriously 7/10 times that I have entered these runs I land a run that has 2/3 bosses down and I needed the one in the middle. Also for sake of discussion the easiest bosses are usually completed and the one boss that presents any challenge at all is the only one left (of course).

So far as I understood, it was previously designed so that a raid in progress was given priority to the queue. I think that should suffice and allow the people that do not want to spend the time of having to queue twice etc the option (or at least the potential of not having to queue twice, in the event the run you are in also falls apart).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
03/19/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Sonus
And when I am put into a LFR that is partially completed, I feel like I am just a tool being used by Blizzard to make others' gametime more enjoyable at the expense of my own. It feels like I am being sold into servitude by Blizzard. That is not a good feeling to have in a video game.

Did you manage to keep a straight face while typing this?

Yes it sucks having to queue twice, but it sucks more to have a 2/3 run completely dissolve because no one will take queue.

I disagree. If your run fails, you can always reque. You failed due to a lack of teamwork/low dps/people tricking Ilevel etc.

A DPS that waits 30 minutes and is forced into a situation that they do not want to be in is totally different, they are being punished for your mistakes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
03/20/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Scoot
It's bullcrap that I wait 30+ minutes to join a queue and only get to do 1 boss. Then I have to queue again for 30+ more minutes to see the other two.

This.

Waited 50 minutes last night to get into the 2nd part of ToT, and they were on Ji-kun.

Then I waited 1 hour and 20 minutes to get a fresh run to kill Tortos and Meg.

Absolutely ridiculous.

You know what is worse than what you posted above? If you don't follow up right after or the same day, the LFR FORGETS that you are supposed to get priority for a "fresh raid" and never offers you one until you get lucky.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Also, some of the problems of the new raid queue times probably boil down to...

1). Some people who are 480, but still have a 471 weapon (upgraded heroic) don't want to raid ToT with such an outdated weapon because MSV and ToES refuses to cooperate with the weapon drops. <--- my main is currently in this predicament. The 471 weapon is hugely dragging my DPS down, but the Sha refuses to drop his axe, and Elegon won't drop the sword, so what am I supposed to do?

2). Many LFR people aren't 480 yet.

3). Many people are waiting for more players to get in there because they don't enjoy wipefests because of people still learning bosses. <-----this is why I didn't do very much HoF/ToES pre-5.2.

So with less people queuing up, you get longer queue times.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The display for how many bosses were remaining had been removed from Raid Finder in Patch 5.1.

Bashiok explains the reasoning behind the change in this thread below.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200302669?page=2#26

As others have pointed out, sitting in an hour long queue to pop into a run that has 2/3 bosses down so that you can then re-queue for another hour long wait in the hopes that your "priority" gets you into a fresh run is more than a little off-putting. I know that it doesn't make me very happy, especially when I get into another partially completed run and have to repeat the process, since I need something off of the first or second boss.

So, instead of just complaining about it, I'm going to offer a constructive suggestion that I feel is a good compromise between what we now have and what a lot of (mostly DPS players, due to the long queue times) players seem to want.

Is it possible, and I'm fairly sure that with some creative coding on Blizz's part it is, to implement a system that allows for priority queuing on top of priority for a fresh run? For example, I queue up and wait my hour (yes, it is usually an hour, give or take 15 minutes, on my server for dps without a tank or healer with them) to get into a run and it is a partially completed run and I stick with the group to down the last boss. I would then get priority for a fresh run, as is the current system (even though is does seem to be missing the mark by a large margin since the release of ToT), and I would get placed close to the front of the overall queue for my role (behind others that were in the same situation, of course).

This would prevent people from having to sit in hour long queues multiple times for the same raid segment so that they could get a shot at the loot from the first boss or two of the instance. It would, potentially, make the initial queue a bit longer but I think that would be a fair trade for not having to sit in queue for another hour (or possibly two) to get into a second group.

Of course, there would have to be additional coding put into the verify that the people had not already downed every boss in the raid segment that week, to prevent people that were re-running the raid over and over for Valor (or whatever reason) from constantly bumping those that had not yet run it that week back in the queue. Which would prevent abuse of the system.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

And the queues for ToT (which I misread)?

It is a NEW raid that requires 480 IIRC?

Yeah, considering our ridiculously bad luck (even post 5.2), I bet mostly only Normal Raiders and those grinding LFR the entire expansion are the only ones who can get in there.

LoL, no, I'm queuing for Terrace, just because I need the 90 VP. And I've been requeue'd now for an additional 22 minutes. I'm interested to see exactly how high this goes lol. At least an hour and a half so far, just for Terrace.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

And the queues for ToT (which I misread)?

It is a NEW raid that requires 480 IIRC?

Yeah, considering our ridiculously bad luck (even post 5.2), I bet mostly only Normal Raiders and those grinding LFR the entire expansion are the only ones who can get in there.

LoL, no, I'm queuing for Terrace, just because I need the 90 VP. And I've been requeue'd now for an additional 22 minutes. I'm interested to see exactly how high this goes lol. At least an hour and a half so far, just for Terrace.

I tried HoF yesterday, entered the raid and we were on Garalon.

I needed _everything_ from HoF pretty much except the Cape, so meh. That's fine.

We sat in queue with 6/6 healers, 17/17 DPS and 0/2 tanks for 10+min before I gave up and left.

But then I can see why: I've run HoF a few times and it looks like Tank Hell.

Blizz really needs to think about how this feels for the different roles/specs, to be honest. If it is really that hard to find tanks for HoF, then they obviously have a few issues with the raid. Maybe Blizz should fix so we can actually DO the raids.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/19/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Rygarius
What most people don’t realize is that if they get and complete an in-progress run, the next time they queue they will preferentially be placed into a fresh instance.

That explains why I got queued into the Ji-Kun 3 times in a row last night, followed by a Megeara, followed by another Ji-Kun. Never even saw Tortos with 5 queues into the 2nd wing.
Edited by Relyen on 3/20/2013 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
What most people don’t realize is that if they get and complete an in-progress run, the next time they queue they will preferentially be placed into a fresh instance.

That explains why I got queued into the Ji-Kun 3 times in a row last night, followed by a Megeara, followed by another Ji-Kun. Never even saw Tortos with 5 queues into the 2nd wing.

Its a new raid.

There's going to be queue problems until things even out.

People being bottlenecked in ToES (esp trying to get a weapon) doesn't help a damn thing, either.
Edited by Xaelai on 3/20/2013 7:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
So isn't it a catch 22 then in some ways?

People need to run the older content to get a weapon, which never drops. So that keeps people active in the older stuff. Yet, a lack of properly geared people make the new instances worse?

I know it sucks to have a Sha Gem and no weapon...I've been waiting for it too. But I tell you this, once I get, I'm not raiding the old stuff any longer.

^^
This is exactly why they need to fix the weapon drops in the ToES.

No Catchups to keep people running old content? Fine, but how about tweaking the drops so that it doesn't take months and months to get the 1 thing you REALLY need and need badly.

Also, hey Blizz, protip:

Running the Sha of Fear 10 times a week IS NOT FUN.

That causes burnout and people to quit the game when they've spent the 2nd, 3rd, 4th+ week running the Sha of Fear 5-10 times a week using all of their coins on him praying he'll drop the weapon (one of THREE possible drops IIRC). Getting him to do _anything_ is a ridiculous chore, and even then if he DOES drop an item, there's a 1 in 3 chance (assuming the weapon is actually equal priority which it doesn't seem like, given how I've gotten 5 gloves and 0 swords from Elegon) that it'll actually be the weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I really don't like it. As a dps with 1 hour queue times I would like the option to see how many bosses are dead and stay in queue a little longer for a fresh group. Having to wait in queue for an hour a second time to do already downed bosses just plain sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
but personally I think there are some people who don’t realize yet how an in-progress run, and that extra Valor, can directly translate to improved items through the new upgrade system

theyve taken out the upgrade system, one of his arguments is now invalid.

EDIT- and this just means those people will then quit when they get to the boss theyve already done, wasting the time of more people, his argument hardly stands as is, its a bad way of arguing for not telling us.
Edited by Kriblos on 3/20/2013 8:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
With all due respect, Xaelai I don't think ToES weapon drops are a problem. You are looking at a single weapon out of many that drop in LFR.

There are plenty... plenty of weapons that drop. Just because one uses a sha crystal doesn't invalidate the others.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
With all due respect, Xaelai I don't think ToES weapon drops are a problem. You are looking at a single weapon out of many that drop in LFR.

There are plenty... plenty of weapons that drop. Just because one uses a sha crystal doesn't invalidate the others.

Uh...really?

I dunno about other specs, but for 2H Strength there are only two:

Starshatter (476)
Sha Axe (483)

And, if you can get in, the one from ToT.

1 Weapon per tier.

Unless something stupid like Galleon drops a weapon, but eh on MG, every time I see someone fighting him, its always the Horde and despite me killing him a good 10 times + coins, I've yet to see any items, weapon or otherwise, from the Sha except his claw and that's 100% drop on the first kill.
Edited by Xaelai on 3/20/2013 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Perhaps, instead of offering the players that joined a raid-in-progress a priority queue for the next raid, offer them satchel incentives. The same satchels that tanks and healers get for running heroics. I would personally prefer that to a priority queuing system.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]