Crumbling Chamberlin quest

90 Tauren Shaman
Makes the Nobelgarten egg hunt seem like, well a simple egg hunt.

The ninja'ing over these bits is beyond crazy.

It's impossible not to aggro at least five mobs when going for part of it, and while you're busy fighting someone inevitably comes along and takes it.

GG
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
A reminder that an achievement required for Stormbreaker is to complete it within 10 minutes of accepting it.

Yeah...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I was less than pleased with this quest. Did it on this toon, never doing it again on any alts.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I was less than pleased with this quest. Did it on this toon, never doing it again on any alts.
It's a weekly.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I've been at this quest for about three hours now and I'm about to tear my hair out.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin
I've been at this quest for about three hours now and I'm about to tear my hair out.

I abandoned it after about 5 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Yeah "Complete the quest within 10 minutes" achievement is not going to happen until the next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It's a weekly.

Wonderful. Its going to be a yearly for me. If that often.
Reply Quote
77 Draenei Death Knight

I abandoned it after about 5 minutes.

Abandoned it after I looked up that it's for an achievement for completing it in ten minutes and that the pieces respawn somewhere else after they're picked up by a single person.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Terrible quest design, designed specifically to waste time.

After I complete it once, and get the achievement (gana abandon it over and over till I get it) and never pick this up again.

Horrible quest. Not even close to being worth the reward.
Reply Quote

I gave up after about three hours. I've never been good at the wall-climbing and stuff, and the effort kept disconnecting me. I got two pieces and then abandoned it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
They either need to get new quest designers, or test these things out more and listen to feedback. The challenge of this quest should be tracking down and getting to the spot where the parts are, not racing your fellow players there and hoping you are the first one to click. The Isle of Thunder is about the server-wide effort to unlock the entire island. To put a quest like this on the island kinda goes against that goal.

The items should either stay at a location for a set time, or despawn 5 mins or so after someone loots it for the first time (if it has to move at all).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yea, I abandoned it as well. Won't bother with it ever again. I'd prefer leaving Nintendo crap to Nintendo and having this as an mmorpg. Its fine with the changing spawn locations, no problems there, but the precision jumping is ridiculous. Sorry, did that once before with one of their quests, refuse to do it again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I finished it but > 10 minutes. It did give out a stone so it might have been worth it but it was terribly aggrivating. Very much like throwing out $20 bills here and there and watching everyone scrabling for them :P

Yeah not too fun :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Finally completed it. Officially WORST QUEST EVER.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
This one had me nerdraging quite a bit. I abandoned it after about 45 minutes of chasing gears on the map, was able to get only the staff by shear luck when the person just ahead of me fell off the edge of the cliff when trying to get to it, missed out on two other pieces by mere milliseconds. Screw that. Will not do this on alts, will not do this weekly.

Some of your recent "fixes" and "additions" to the game lately Blizzard are total pieces of....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
If you guys agree with this, click "Request Sticky" and/or bump this so hopefully Blizzard sees this. I doubt their intention is to make a quest that most people end up abandoning, though it's hard to know when a quest like this makes it through the PTR.
Edited by Lometos on 3/19/2013 9:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I did it pretty easily...

Idk, I like platforming of any kind, the Saurok part was fun xD wall climbing FTW!

I don't have a problem with making the parts difficult to get to.

It's that there are any number of players vieing for the same bit and I've got a trail of mobs to fight off before I can try to take it myself.

It seems that some players will camp a location (ala nobelgarten) and wait for someone to pull all the nearby mobs then ninja the gears while the poor slob (ME) has all the threat on themselves.

Worse than PVP which I hate. This quest outright SUCKS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I did it pretty easily...

Idk, I like platforming of any kind, the Saurok part was fun xD wall climbing FTW!

Just wait until there are others trying to do it at the same time. You FINALLY make that tough jump only to find some player got there just a second before you and now it's gone, and you have to go find where it respawned.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]