Crumbling Chamberlin quest

90 Draenei Death Knight
I agree with most of the people here.

Terrible quest, terrible reward, terrible achievement (especially since it is required for the Meta).

Maybe if the stupid things didn't despawn when a player picks one up, it wouldn't be so bad.

But really? Several hundred players buzzing through the zone and you're supposed to actually get FOUR pieces in 10min? hahahaha yeah right. How about no?

And is this a weekly thing? Because it was a yellow quest which leads me to believe it was a one-time deal.
Edited by Xaelai on 3/20/2013 7:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I agree with most of the people here.

Terrible quest, terrible reward, terrible achievement (especially since it is required for the Meta).

Maybe if the stupid things didn't despawn when a player picks one up, it wouldn't be so bad.

But really? Several hundred players buzzing through the zone and you're supposed to actually get FOUR pieces in 10min? hahahaha yeah right. How about no?

And is this a weekly thing? Because it was a yellow quest which leads me to believe it was a one-time deal.
Wowhead says it's weekly, and they wouldn't tie an achievement to it if it wasn't repeatable somehow.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Bad game design is bad.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I find it ironic that the reward is a Ritual Stone, which is something that summons a boss that requires a group to take down (ie. promoting player cooperation) where the quest itself discourages working together.

Bad design, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I did this quest for the first time last night.

I did quests in between finding all 4 pieces but the pieces were not that difficult to locate (excluding the 1 on top of the tent. I ran around that little area for like 4 minutes trying to find it).

If I had not done the quests in between, I could have finished it quite quickly. Maybe not in 10 minutes, but the mount movement buff you get for doing dailies + the little gears icon on your mini map are really helpful in doing this quest.

On a side note, I quite enjoyed the quest. I liked listening to the statue talking to me commenting on my kills and such. :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Blizz needs to phase shift this quest or just remove it.

I agree that unless we wait for this content to be irrelevant, the achievement will remain out of reach.

Unless you're on a low pop server at 3am or something.

I -might- give this another try early on christmas day or around midnight new years eve. -MIGHT-
Reply Quote
7 Human Mage
Of course once you pick up the scumblade skin quest from a dead scumblade saurok you become a scumblade. All the other scumblade become neutral and you can jump like a son of a gun and the last chamberlain piece is easy to get

Spyderwyre
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Anytime something is the least bit difficult, the forums blow up with whining and crying. It is like being stuck in a room full of toddlers who missed their nap time.

The quest is not hard. It takes a little time, but dang folks - why not just ask Blizz to mail you your quest rewards while you sit in the main city of your choice and troll trade?

Also, the achievement is not hard. There is a trick to getting it though. Google rocks.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I have done it twice now on my druid. Im not going for the 10 min thing, but I pick them up as Im doing the other stuff. I have yet to have to kill anything to pick them up.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I got it. It helps to do some research and planning ahead of time, firstly identify all possible spawn spots (use wowhead) and use that information to run around the map and see where they are spawning at today or what ever day your gonna attempt it.

If you need to, practice getting to it, cause some are in hard to reach places.

Once you have the locations in your head pick up the quest say in the beast area zone (since its the furthest away from hand in) and do your run. Dont make the mistake I did where I thought the timer started on getting the first piece. Its start when you pick up the quest.

Oh and sometimes porting from beast area zone to base can reduce time, for alliance anyway.

Now if only I could get the ten chests :\

Edit: oh necro. the respawns are no longer random they will always be in the same place for a day.
Edited by Primuslazen on 5/15/2013 11:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]