Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun vs. Darkmist Vortex

90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.wowhead.com/item=95726/fabled-feather-of-ji-kun

Got this in LFR today, don't know if it's better than

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86894/darkmist-vortex
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Change the blue gem in your belt to a Lightning green, change the enchants on your cloak and boots, undo the forge on your Dominator's Circle, and forge the Feather to haste, and you'll only be about 100 rating over hit cap. Given that, I'd take it over Vortex.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It is

rPPM trinkets can feel a bit odd though, so might take some getting used to.

I used DMC + Lei Shen's last tier, depending on what you have access to, DMV ( LFR ) is probably the worst option among the new valor trinket, DMC, Lei Shen's, Fabled Feather, Spark of Zandalar, and Primordius' trinket

DMV's haste proc isn't that great, and the 105s icd felt odd with the other trinkets syncing so well.
the rPPM trinkets might feel odd at first, but atleast Zandalar has pretty good uptime overall, I assume the same is true for Fabled Feather
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What these peeps said, but they forgot one thing...

Change your boot and belt mog to match the set.

You can get belt from badge vendor in shatt (Shattered Sun vendor)
Boots drop from first boss in BT, which can be soloed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What these peeps said, but they forgot one thing...

Change your boot and belt mog to match the set.

You can get belt from badge vendor in shatt (Shattered Sun vendor)
Boots drop from first boss in BT, which can be soloed.

Not gonna lie, I can't stand seeing a mog that uses the tier boots/belt since they of course don't match the rest of T6, but rather match the Sunwell 6.5 gear. I occasionally use a belt with a visible libram on it though. Matches well enough.
Edited by Bravehearth on 3/20/2013 12:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
DMV? It's a two-headed monster. For Palis, it's haste proc unlocks Sanctity of Battle, which lowers the global cd of DMV, which unlocks Sanctity of Battle, which lowers the gcd of DMV etc etc. I've consistently been getting a 50% uptime and it procs in the first few seconds of a fight. I'm not saying FFoJK isn't better, I'm just saying that DMV is one of the best trinkets out there. With 5.3 you'll be able to upgrade it 8 lvls for only 500 VP too. The only real way to tell the base difference between two trinkets is to do the old 3 spell rotation on a practice dummy for 100 attacks, and then do the old 100 white damage attacks with each trinket equiped and see how it sorts out.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
No...Vortex was terrible last tier, and it's even more terrible now. Main reason for it sucking last tier was its long ICD; now, everything else just blows it out of the water. An LFR Feather, at max stacks, provides 11070 strength while a Vortex proc provides the equivalent of a mere 3056 - a mark the Feather eclipses at about 6s.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The LFR version of the Vortex isn't the best trinket from t14; it's not even in the top 2 (that goes to Relic of Xuen and Final Orders). And the Feather is easily better than any of those.

A large part of the reason for this is that a Strength proc is more valuable than an equivalent uptime-averaged amount of static Strength, because of the way it combines with cooldowns. However, this is much less true for Haste procs, because Execution Sentence scales with AP but not with Haste. Using ES with ten stacks of Mighty makes a BIG difference.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
DMV? It's a two-headed monster. For Palis, it's haste proc unlocks Sanctity of Battle, which lowers the global cd of DMV, which unlocks Sanctity of Battle, which lowers the gcd of DMV etc etc.

I think you're confusing GCD (global cooldown) with ICD (internal cooldown). Trinket ICDs are a fixed value, completely unaffected by haste.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]