Ret Paladin's don't have AoE for Rogues

90 Undead Mage
Playing my Ret a little now this xpac and its frustrating that I dont have Consecration anymore. All I have is Divine Storm which I have to have at least 3 holy power to use.. Basically I manage to survive a rogues opener popping a trinket etc.. he stealths. I cant AoE, he opens again. I blow my defensives. He stealths again... etc

Why can't ret have a basic AoE like every other class in the game...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I would be happy with Consecration. So stupid Rets dont have it anymore. Rogues in 5.2 just hop all around you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
No one takes that over Holy Prism.. and we should have a base AoE that doesn't Cost 3 holy power that we could use to heal from the opener..
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's a bit frustrating, yeah. Holy Prism works IIRC, although with its cooldown you can't exactly spam it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
No one takes that over Holy Prism.. and we should have a base AoE that doesn't Cost 3 holy power that we could use to heal from the opener..

Light's Hammer is a really attractive option over Prism since they added a slow to it. Even so, if you are using Prism, that gives you an aoe every 20 secs if you just cast it on yourself or on a friend. I can't even begin to count how many rogues I have found in stealth from using prism that way during 5.1.

Sure, its a bit of a long cooldown even on 20 seconds for a rogue finder, but it still works and has a pretty decent range.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
03/09/2013 04:16 AMPosted by Morsyn
now you're saying you want to be able to beat a Rogue anywhere in the world

You are putting words in his mouth
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
could hammer of the righteous work the same way as how rogues use sap to hit the nearest stealthed target? know what i mean? somethign like /cleartarget, /targetenemyplayer, /cast sap (but replace sap with hammer of the righteous).

just wondering . . .
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
could hammer of the righteous work the same way as how rogues use sap to hit the nearest stealthed target? know what i mean? somethign like /cleartarget, /targetenemyplayer, /cast sap (but replace sap with hammer of the righteous).

just wondering . . .

Technically any ability can be used with a similar /startattack /cleartarget macro.

Spinning in circles while spamming various /startattack macros tends to get a lot of rogues, as does a self-cast prism. Prism's splash when self cast is longer than any aoe, and can catch even fairly decent rogues off-guard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
so technically even using judgment in teh same manner could work. and i use judgment as an example becuase you don't have to be in front of the target, and it also gives you a holy charge, and also applies censure. i may mess around w/ that.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You have to be roughly facing a target for one of those macros to work, though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I like saving blinding light for vanish.. it's such a good counter for it. You can't damage people out of vanish, but the blind hits them and a couple seconds later there they are, out of stealth and wandering around. :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I like saving blinding light for vanish.. it's such a good counter for it. You can't damage people out of vanish, but the blind hits them and a couple seconds later there they are, out of stealth and wandering around. :D

cept for those bastard rogues that still macro cloak/vanish together... but at least when they pop back out they dont have any escape CDs
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret AoE is weird, yeah. Rather than adding a straightforward AoE like Consecration, I feel like Rets should get a new version of Humans' old Perception. Name it Eyes of the Law or something justice-y.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
just because you think your class should have a counter to every other class at any given time

You actually are putting words in his mouth.

Having something to bring rogues out of stealth is perfectly reasonable. Luckily we already have Holy Prism, which brings rogues out of stealth on a 20s cd.
Edited by Lowrey on 3/10/2013 4:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]