No bonus roll when killing Galleon 2nd time

90 Human Warlock
I have a bunch of Elder Charms that I want to get rid of, but participating in a Galleon kill for the second time this week did not offer me a chance to spend a charm. I received no baggie either, which is to be expected, since I already killed him earlier in the week.

Galleon was tagged by our faction on the kill, as indicated by several people posting links to items they received in General chat after.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Same thing happened to me 2 days ago. I killed Galleon for the second time and i have 11 Elder Charms of Good Fortune but did not get a bonus roll option.

I immediately put in a support request and today, 2 days later, I heard from a GM who told me that he sees me killing Galleon and not using my bonus roll. He suggested that I clear my WTF folder after patches to avoid this in the future.

I cleared my WTF folder and today Galleon was up again so I went for it. What do you know... NO BONUS ROLL AGAIN!

I have a new support ticket in for this. I'll let you know what they say, which will probably be in 2 more days and probably be along the lines of "too bad, sucks for you"....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Galleon and Sha of Fear operate the same was as all the other bosses in the game, you can only receive loot once and you can only use a bonus roll once per week. You can't just farm them with a few dozen bonus tokens
Edited by Pípe on 3/10/2013 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
They work the same as most other bosses, LFR bosses can be run multiple times with Elder Charms.

Sha and Galleon are pretty easy to kill though, so I wouldn't expect to get extra chances.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Galleon and Sha of Fear operate the same was as all the other bosses in the game, you can only receive loot once and you can only use a bonus roll once per week. You can't just farm them with a few dozen bonus tokens

This is not true.

Before 5.1 I would use all of my charms on Sha of Anger for the week. I haven't fought Sha of Anger since 5.2.

Additionally, I've been farming LFR ToS all week with all of the Elder Charms of Good Fortune I got from the treasure run trying to get the sha touched sword and the helm (with no luck so far in 5 runs).

The GM I spoke with even said that I should have received a bonus roll for Galleon and doesn't know why I didn't.

Three other people in my guild fought Galleon with me this last time and they had already killed Galleon this week and did not get their bonus rolls either.
Reply Quote
10 Undead Warrior
Why on earth would you create a GM ticket for an obvious bug?
Reply Quote
I do not receive the bonus roll option for gallion or sha - yes i have plenty of coins (both kinds).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Before 5.1 I would use all of my charms on Sha of Anger for the week. I haven't fought Sha of Anger since 5.2.

I doubt this was the case, as there was a hotfix on October 4th, 2012 that removed the ability to use more than a single coin on the Sha of Anger during any given week. (You can find it in the hotfix blog post for 5.0.5: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170/Patch_505_Hotfixes_-10_5_2012 -- "Players that are not eligible for loot from the Sha of Anger will no longer be able to use an Elder Charm of Good Fortune for an extra loot roll.").

Further, Galleon not having a bonus roll after the first fight is also intentional, and noted in the 5.2 patch notes. (It can be found here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8896363/52_The_Thunder_King_Patch_Notes-3_5_2013 -- "Galleon now respawns much more frequently, but players can only receive loot from him once per week.")

Whatever GM you spoke to seems to have either misunderstood your question, or not completely up-to-date on the 5.2 changes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]