Shado-pan Offensive Rep

90 Human Rogue
Skip to last paragraph if u don't wanna know WHY I like the new faction.

I started raiding in Wrath. Back then the currency used to buy gear was not VP, but Emblems of Frost. You got 2 for the first heroic dungeon you did that day, and you got 2 for every ICC boss you defeated. There was no cap. This made every boss kill feel rewarding even if I didn't get loot, because that was 2 more Emblems that I could not have gotten in any other way.

Now, there is a cap on the raid currency (now valor). The valor you get from a boss doesn't feel rewarding except in terms of convenience, because you could have easily gotten that VP from doing a heroic dungeon or something (and it might have taken less time). In other words, despite the high difficulty of raiding compared to other activities, there is no guarunteed reward for it; you only have a chance to get loot. Even though raiding is fun, it sucks to work hard, and then not get anything, doesn't it?

Raid currency, from Emblems to VP, used to be a way to mitigate bad RNG with drops in raids. But it doesn't feel that way anymore now that you can cap it without raiding.

But recently, bosses now award rep for this faction that you can't get any other way. This solves the above problem. So here's my request: please keep doing this in future patches, and please don't devalue raid faction rep later as you did with raid currency.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that raid trash also gives rep, contrary to what blizzard promised. This means that the above problem actually still exists, since you can just farm the trash rather than do bosses. I swear Blizzard is like a mentally ill family member... you want to love them but they make it so hard.
Edited by Clarrisse on 3/11/2013 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I usually hate rep grinds, but I like the idea of raid rep grinds.
Reply Quote
I enjoy the way they gated VP gear in 5.2 as well. I didn't like how VP gear was in 5.0, probably because there were like 4-5 different reps you had to get to revered to have full access to the VP gear.
Now we got a simple and nice way to get our VP gear.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Agreed. I really like this.

(My favourite system was ICC's - granted there were other things not to like about ICC, but I liked the emblems/rep/tier setup - but this is a close second.)
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
I like how all the good rewards are pre-honored. =p
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Easy for a raider to say "Hmm, I quite like this concept of raid or die," I guess?

Isn't it a bit like players wanting rep for running dungeons, in that you were going to do it anyway, so now you're just getting something for free?

Valor gives you gear to fill in slots you're missing.
Valor gives the rest of us some gear.
A raider's gear is still better.

I shouldn't really be too harsh. I know I can get a lot of gear from friendly, by doing LFR only once.
Edited by Dominish on 3/11/2013 12:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Easy for a raider to say "Hmm, I quite like this concept of raid or die," I guess?

Isn't it a bit like players wanting rep for running dungeons, in that you were going to do it anyway, so now you're just getting something for free?

Valor gives you gear to fill in slots you're missing.
Valor gives the rest of us some gear.
A raider's gear is still better.

I shouldn't really be too harsh. I know I can get a lot of gear from friendly, by doing LFR only once.

You can only pad out non-raid PvE for so long before it becomes glaringly obvious that PvE gear is a means, and raiding is the end. If you aren't getting the rep for SPA gear, you don't need it-CModes scale gear back, Scenarios can be done at 463, and LFR is much more a check against cohesion than gear. The current model is perfect, because you can get SOME valor gear without needing to raid one bit, which is plenty.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I usually hate rep grinds, but I like the idea of raid rep grinds.

Are you Postonforums?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
It has been brought to my attention that raid trash also gives rep, contrary to what blizzard promised. This means that the above problem actually still exists, since you can just farm the trash rather than do bosses. I swear Blizzard is like a mentally ill family member... you want to love them but they make it so hard.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
It has been brought to my attention that raid trash also gives rep, contrary to what blizzard promised. This means that the above problem actually still exists, since you can just farm the trash rather than do bosses. I swear Blizzard is like a mentally ill family member... you want to love them but they make it so hard.

You can't get rep from trash past neutral.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior

They said trash won't get you rep at friendly. And it doesn't. It won't even get you TO friendly, you'll stop at 2999/3000 neutral. Reading is hard!
Edited by Asthas on 3/11/2013 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Anyone that isn't clearing the normal versions of encounters before they are available through LFR probably has some upgrades in LFR anyway. Which is to say they should be running LFR if they want to maximize their gear progression, rep or not. People that ARE clearing the encounters are normal probably still have a couple things they might be interested in, at the least tier with particularly good bonuses.

Also, you eventually reach exalted, and with rep gains as they are you will reach that point long before the end of the tier.
Edited by Asthas on 3/11/2013 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]