5.2 Leatherworking Recipes - HOW?

90 Human Paladin
Google is being useless, and the only topics on here are whining about it, so I'll just ask flat out.

How do I discover the new pvp patterns? I heard making magnificent hide does it, but I've made 3, it does not show me a daily cooldown and the leatherworking trainer isn't giving me anything.

Do I need to find the MoP trainer?Is it Level 90 only? Do I need to go to Thunder Isles?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I've found a recipe from random mobs in the new isle to make a single magnificent hide with 20 exotic leather.

It is indeed daily and teaches you a random new item to craft.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
go out and kill mobs in pandaria, there will be 2 bop recipe's that drop. both create a magnificent hide - one uses 20 exotic leather, the other uses 20 prismatic scales or whatever those scales are called. you can make 1 hide per day (these recipes share the same cd) and doing so teaches you a random pattern of the new 458 pvp and 522 pve patterns released.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Arkeh, please confirm you got the bag off a random drop and not off a daily discovery. I thought it was from discovery. Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Arkeh does not mention the bag. Also I just checked he does not have the bag recipe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
There are Two World Drop recipies:

Magnificence of Scales and Magnificense of Leather... there are your Discovery patterns to make 1 Magnicent Hide per day to discover a pattern.

You can continue to make as many Hides as you like the orriginal way, however you will not learn new LW patterns via this method.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I got mine right after one another off a mob drop doing the operation shield wall dailies
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Awesome information! I obtained both of the world drops but wasn't aware that they were connected with learning new patterns.
Reply Quote
65 Tauren Druid
You can also find these magnificent hide patterns from mobs in the new LFR raid dungeon. I got both of mine in one night, two runs--- but maybe that's because nobody rolled against me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
No one answered if these drop before 90 or only at 90.
Reply Quote

They do. I farmed them off turtles near Halfhill. I was on a 85 Druid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
03/16/2013 03:20 AMPosted by Dokk

They do. I farmed them off turtles near Halfhill. I was on a 85 Druid.

Thanks. I just ran a bunch of quests where I killed things with my lvl 88 LW and I didn't get any drops. I will keep working on it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
There are Two World Drop recipies:

Magnificence of Scales and Magnificense of Leather... there are your Discovery patterns to make 1 Magnicent Hide per day to discover a pattern.

You can continue to make as many Hides as you like the orriginal way, however you will not learn new LW patterns via this method.

Is this how LW learn the recipes that cannot be purchased for Sprit of Harmony? A friend advised there is a daily LW quest, but I have not found any for Pandaria.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
It isn't a daily quest but a daily research project where you use 20 leather or scales to make Magnificent Leather and learn a new PVP or ilvl 522 recipe.

As said you will find the recipes dropping from any Pandarian mob.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I still haven't gotten the drops...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Keep at it, they will drop. Once they do then you just need to do the daily research. Skyrange is a good place to quickly farm the 20 exoctic leather you need to do the recipe. I don't know but your chances of getting the research patterns to drop might be higher in the actual continent of Pandaria, but don't quote me on that.
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Death Knight
i got both of mine on my druid just killing and skinning mushans farm farm farm, it shows up
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
I didnt know u could get new 522 pve patterns from them :) i also got both of mine within 5 mins farming mobs in jade forrest
Edited by Hâbsfan on 6/29/2013 8:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Does anyone know how many patterns there are total?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]