Shadow Priest Macros

90 Undead Priest
Does anyone know a macro that will cast Vampiric Embrace and then immediately cast Shadow Word: Pain?

Also, does anyone know any handy macros and add-ons for Shadow Priest?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Well since both spells trigger the gcd, you'd do a castsequence:

/castsequence Vampiric Embrace, Shadow Word: Pain

and press twice like you would if they were separate. But castsequence locks you into a sequence and is problematic because of CDs which it cannot skip in the sequence.
So I would not recommend this. Apply them separately.

Here's a nice list of useful ones:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6369327305#15

but as you can see, for most of your main spell applications macros are not used. You're far better off with separate keybinds.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You know... after rereading my post... I meant if if there is a macro that will cast vampiric touch... not embrace.. I was wondering if there was a macro that casted vampiric embrace and shadow word pain..

Vampiric Touch triggers the GCD but by the time it's finished casting the gcd is finished and Shadow Word: Pain can be casted immediately after.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Never mind. You should have started off saying neither embrace nor touch trigger a gcd. When you look it up on wowhead:
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=124465
you can see in the table, it says GCD is 0

/cast Vampiric Touch
/cast Shadow Word: Pain
Edited by Sedivy on 3/12/2013 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=15/target/combat/shift Mind Spike, Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Blast, Devouring Plague, Mind Flay

drag it to the #1 key (or any you like). Push 1,1,1,1,1,1 until target is no longer moving. Handy if you're like me and can't type without looking at the keyboard.
Reply Quote
27 Worgen Warlock
Haffâsp
68 Gnome Rogue
Knights of Rose Croix

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=15/target/combat/shift Mind Spike, Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Blast, Devouring Plague, Mind Fl
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]