Druids and 5-man Heroics, some questions.

So last night I finally got my gear up to a sufficient level to begin 5-Man Heroics. As is my pattern I tend to go through the first round of Heroics as DPS (essentially zero pressure and lets me observe how I should heal before actually having to heal)

First Dungeon that crops up is Scarlet Monastery , and we ended up wiping twice, however never on a boss fight, where I couldn't help myself and started doing off healing. What I noticed was that our Druid Healer was not out of Mana, and that we didn't seem to have that many add's.

While I'm getting close to dinging 90 with a druid, I will admit I've never gotten a good feel for their healing mechanic. When I ran resto at 85, everyone was so overgeared by the time I was doing random heroics, that I never really learned much.

So here is my question , is whether I was in a group with a new Druid learning , a Bad Resto Druid, or is the druid mechanics currently where keeping everyone up and ambulatory with newish gear is very challenging.

I ask because I enjoy healing and Have every healing class L86 and above. Would like to know what I have to look forward too for my own Druid.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Almost assuredly a bad Resto Druid.

5 man heroics are honestly probably a strength for Resto Druid. Even the first week of MOP in greens lifebloom on the tank is enough to navigate it for the most part. If the tank keeps everything on him and doesn't pull the entire room (which he shoudln't if the healer is fresh).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Let me guess, your group wiped on the courtyard with the 800 million casters, amirite?

The biggest problem there is that if people aren't interrupting the Flamestrikes, it gets ugly fast, and once a druid's big CDs are used, there is not much one can do. Multiple Flamestrikes at once is a ton of damage on the tank and melee. Since a resto druid really doesn't have a decent interrupt (you can talent into Mighty Bash, but that is about it), all we can do is try to heal that crapton of damage up as best we can. Even fully geared, I shudder when a tank decides to pull half the courtyard, while the mage/hunter is tab targeting all over the place.
Reply Quote
Let me guess, your group wiped on the courtyard with the 800 million casters, amirite?

That was one place. We also wiped just inside the cathedral. Thing was, Our Tank, a Brewmaster, seemed to know the encounter pretty well as we were only pulling about 4 mobs at a time. I think I may have been the only person using intterupts, course my only one is on a 45 Second Cooldown. The second WIpe was a little more understandable, the Hunter in our mix earned the "huntard" Label as he decided to pull the mobs from the other side of the cathedral , presumably so we could mow things down faster.

The biggest problem there is that if people aren't interrupting the Flamestrikes, it gets ugly fast, and once a druid's big CDs are used, there is not much one can do. Multiple Flamestrikes at once is a ton of damage on the tank and melee. Since a resto druid really doesn't have a decent interrupt (you can talent into Mighty Bash, but that is about it), all we can do is try to heal that crapton of damage up as best we can. Even fully geared, I shudder when a tank decides to pull half the courtyard, while the mage/hunter is tab targeting all over the place.

Ok. So it sounds like one wipe was due too DPS tomfoolery, the other most likely do to a mixture of bad luck and probbably a newer Restoration druid learning their way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Both those wipe areas are tank fails. Bad tanks just run the !@#$ in there and then ignore the caster adds they've aggroed....happens ALL THE TIME. Good tanks tag and LOS back around the corner in each case. This is rare.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]