Heroic 10M Council

90 Blood Elf Mage
They took their best 10 because their best 25 was dragging them down. That wasn't the case in previous tiers. Ergo their roster was getting worse and became too bad to support pushing for world firsts in 25 - or they would still be doing it. The quoted material proves that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
That isn't what that article was saying at all. They couldn't recruit more good players but they recruited some. Guilds like that run large rosters, they can't go into a tier with 25 people. Of course I'm assuming that making raider rank in paragon means you're a pretty damn good player. And either way, that doesn't validate asane's claim that they are suddenly bad. For all we know 10 man council is overtuned. Only two guilds in the world have killed it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
They're not bad, they just can't field a 25 man roster the equivalent of their best 10 players - which means the quality of their 25 man roster has suffered.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You realize that they only recruit finnish speaking players right? You're confusing quality and quantity. It is one thing to have 20 amazing players and not be able to raid 25 mans and it is another to have 15 meh players and 10 amazing ones like every US 20-500 25 man guild.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
You guys are saying the same thing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
have 15 meh players and 10 amazing ones like every US 20-500 25 man guild.

I giggled. Generalizing US#20 with US#500? Seems accurate.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
This.
Many 10's (even competitive) just dont have the time constraints or roster available for this sort of thing. I guess even 10m's have to class stack once in a while ;)

If you aren't willing to carry a 18-20 person roster with multiple alts and alt raids, why are you trying to compare yourself with guilds that will do that?

Basically you yourself are putting the 10 man competition on a significant level below the 25 man competition. Why are you expecting the same results (eg. killing council)?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
03/14/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Duboomchikin
have 15 meh players and 10 amazing ones like every US 20-500 25 man guild.

Difference between US 500 and US 20 -> # of hours spent raiding. AKA "3 day a week" guilds. Been there, done that.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Lol, Xiic just slipped up and said 10 is easier than 25.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/14/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Manamonster

Difference between US 500 and US 20 -> # of hours spent raiding. AKA "3 day a week" guilds. Been there, done that.

Is this the part of the wow forum where we make generalizations about guilds based on both rank and format?

*reads thread*

SWEET.
Reply Quote
03/14/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Manamonster

lol
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I've never once in the entire history of WoW heard of a guild doing better than usual, or having some crap happen that would cause them to raid below their usual quality. /sarcasm.

It's funny when Christmas week happens and you can see the schism of who raids Christmas day and who doesn't. (Not saying anything good or bad to either side with this)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

How so? He simply stated that they couldn't get the required number of players that they needed at their skill level for 25man, so they switched to 10 man. I don't think I've ever heard one person argue that 25man isn't harder to recruit for, though that speaks for nothing in terms of actual raid difficulty. I can imagine finding however many people world first 25mans need that are on their skill level, and speak finnish, is pretty damn hard.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

I'd like to know what curriculum your elementary school used to teach reading comprehension so I can know to avoid it when I have kids.

Finding 25 non-retards is harder than finding 10 non-retards but you and I both already knew this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
03/14/2013 03:09 AMPosted by Winhee
Thats the problem with the 10 man raiders. You dont use any actually evidence that shows thats somethings overtuned. Instead you make up stuff that has nothing to actually do with it. 25 mans have killed it and 10 mans havent so its overtuned! More 25 man guilds have killed it than 10 mans its overtuned! A higher percentage of 25 mans have killed it than 10 mans so its overtuned. 25 mans can class stack and 10 mans cant(which they really can, look at paragon) so its overtuned!

You've gotta be kidding me right? Because comparing the success rates in the two modes definitely has no relevancy to the difficulty? And 10-man class stacking much more hindering to a raid than 25-man class stacking. A 25-man can stack up to 16 of a certain class if they wanted to and still have all buffs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/14/2013 03:13 PMPosted by Xiic

I'd like to know what curriculum your elementary school used to teach reading comprehension so I can know to avoid it when I have kids.

Finding 25 non-retards is harder than finding 10 non-retards but you and I both already knew this.

But I thought in 25 mans you only need 10 great players and could carry 15 retards.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
This thread really delivers. But every 10 vs 25 subject does.

As for Paragon, they seem to be doing pretty well.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This thread really delivers. But every 10 vs 25 subject does.

It's amazing how many people will bash their faces into the wall in an attempt to ONCE AND FOR ALL PROVE THE MOST DIFFICULT FORMAT.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/14/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Dezie
Thats the problem with the 10 man raiders. You dont use any actually evidence that shows thats somethings overtuned. Instead you make up stuff that has nothing to actually do with it. 25 mans have killed it and 10 mans havent so its overtuned! More 25 man guilds have killed it than 10 mans its overtuned! A higher percentage of 25 mans have killed it than 10 mans so its overtuned. 25 mans can class stack and 10 mans cant(which they really can, look at paragon) so its overtuned!

You've gotta be kidding me right? Because comparing the success rates in the two modes definitely has no relevancy to the difficulty? And 10-man class stacking much more hindering to a raid than 25-man class stacking. A 25-man can stack up to 16 of a certain class if they wanted to and still have all buffs.

How many kills on each size has ZERO to do with the difficulty.

You take 100 of the best in the world 10 man groups and then you take 2500 retards and have them make up 100 25 man groups.

Give the 10 mans content thats 100x harder than the 25 mans.

Say 2 10 mans kill the boss and none of the 25 mans do because they are retards.

What do you have? you have more guilds killing it in 10 man. Will you now say that 10 mans are easier?

You have to use the skill level of the players that are doing it to determine if they are balanced. Thats why I am glad paragon went 10 man in a way. They are now showing that the 10 mans are killable by 10 man only raid groups (there not running 25 mans for the gear to progress 10 man).

They are also letting us get a general idea of the skill level of the 10 man players in comparison to the 25 man players.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]