New PvP

90 Blood Elf Hunter
Yesterday I wanted to get my feet wet and try PvP simple BG randoms. I got worked, bad. I now look at Mages, S-Priests and Warlocks with suspicion, and their little buddy Mr. Rogue with his shuriken. Those four classes ganged up on me as I was their plaything the whole Warsong fight. and only me. One held me, then the other stunned, the other would cut and when I was about dead., somehow they healed me enough to do it again. 5 min straight, whilst keeping my pet cc'd the whole time. They were from Tichondrius server......My toon will have PTSD from now on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
My reading comprehension is at an all time low. I need a better break down of what it is your exactly saying or your point for that matter.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Try getting some PvP gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
got a mix of crafted dreadful and Malevolent (boots, ring), with a couple contenders pieces. What it boiled down to is those folks are skilled. I am not and it showed and they knew it. I'm not complaining. I think I might like PvP. But I did get schooled.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
So from what I gathered, they noticed you had no pvp gear, and went for you first and your teams healer tried to keep you alive. Am I correct?

This will happen till you get more pvp gear
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
What Talok said.

Also, you'll hit about 25% harder with a PvP weapon. This is an often overlooked point for new PvPers and people come crying that they barely tickle the opponent while they get smashed. Get a PvP weapon, you'll see the difference.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm on it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Yesterday I wanted to get my feet wet and try PvP simple BG randoms. I got worked, bad. I now look at Mages, S-Priests and Warlocks with suspicion, and their little buddy Mr. Rogue with his shuriken. Those four classes ganged up on me as I was their plaything the whole Warsong fight. and only me. One held me, then the other stunned, the other would cut and when I was about dead., somehow they healed me enough to do it again. 5 min straight, whilst keeping my pet cc'd the whole time. They were from Tichondrius server......My toon will have PTSD from now on.

With the gear you have from armory your a freekill, you just have the base 40% res and no pvp power. I just can't figure how you can actually put some good dps even in a random BG with full PvE gear even if you have 500+ iLvl. So your frist step will be to at least gear with full pvp set from there you'll see the difference if you already know how to play your class.
Edited by Hellaz on 3/14/2013 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I think the OP has some PvP gear and just happened to post after he (she) logged out with PVE set.

If we could have a look at your PvP set maybe we could help a bit more. As far as Talents, Barrage is a waste in PvP compared to Powershot or Glaives, and usually just serves to draw attention to you while not doing much real damage. Powershot is EXTREMELY useful 1v1; KC and Blink, web wrap, intimidation until he pops trinket, then Scatter and powershot usually does the trick.

Mirrored blades is good when it works, but I find that Deterrence is used mostly to get away, not to be able to continue to DPS...when I feel I have to pop deterrence, I'm also looking for a healer or LOS safety.

Your gems and reforging will make a HUGE difference depending on which direction you take, so it would be helpful to see them. Stack resilience if you feel squishy, but keep in mind that with full Mal gear and full PvP power stacked you will be at at ~63-64% resil anyway, with ~57% power.

Stacking mastery over haste will make your pet a lot more dangerous, as well.

Having said all that (whew!) two (or more) geared and reasonably skilled players of any class SHOULD be able to school you. You're never going to be able to tank or heal through that kind of damage by yourself.

And if they CC your pet...that means they are smart. Players who fail to CC our pets usually end up dead real fast.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The gear I have is just a grab-bag of stuff. I tried gemming towards pvp power but hit, expertise and mastery are way off. Maybe that will change with proper pvp weapon, trinks and reforge etc...?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The gear I have is just a grab-bag of stuff. I tried gemming towards pvp power but hit, expertise and mastery are way off. Maybe that will change with proper pvp weapon, trinks and reforge etc...?

Check askmrrobot.com for gemming/enchants/reforges. And just grind randoms until you're in full Mal...don't worry about how you are doing now...nearly everyone is in max gear now and the comparison will just piss you off. Getting the gear will make a HUGE difference.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
kk
Thanks Segafredo
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Get a PvP weapon, you'll see the difference.
what Gulf said makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, the item requires 7250 H points for the season. Doesn't say if I would be eligible to buy it when I hit 7250 OR when season is finished. The more I study about weapons and gear, the more confused I get.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
You WILL be able to get the weapons once you finished the honor requirement. And PvP life will become much more interesting. You will start putting serious dents into people's health :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]